Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenrot View Post
    Naomie Harris To Join Ron Howard’s The Dark Tower?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/01/...he-dark-tower/
    She could be an excellent choice!!
    I think so too. I googled some pics of her. She looks great prettied up and pulls off a good "ugly" side too. I think she looks like Susannah.
    Yeah, I suppose if she can handle "Davey Jones & Capt. Jack Sparrow" she can parlay with the Crimson King in a fight!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler SloTrans is on a distinguished road SloTrans's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good choice for Susannah.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would absolutely love it if Naomie Harris was casted as Susannah.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I would absolutely love it if Naomie Harris was casted as Susannah.
    x2
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Naomie Harris 100%

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It would appear we have our very first "Casting Consensus"!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

It would appear we have our very first "Casting Consensus"!!!!
    looks that way!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sure does! I love Naomie Harris. She's so versatile and adaptable to any character I've seen her portray. She was great in 28 Days Later and the POTC series.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to mention she's a total babe.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sure does! I love Naomie Harris. She's so versatile and adaptable to any character I've seen her portray. She was great in 28 Days Later and the POTC series.
    I didn't recognise her as that character, although her face was familiar! (A British gal!) She was good. I've seen her mentioned elsewhere as a possible Susannah long before we knew of the film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is interesting, the DT part is the second subject of the interview:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48001
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Let's quote it here, for ease of reading and posterity:

Capone: Alright, I want to talk a little DARK TOWER, just because I’ll lose my job if I don't.

RH: [laughs] I don’t know what I can say…

Capone: First off, some casting rumors came out last week--names like Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortenson. Is any of that accurate?

RH: Here’s what I can say. I haven’t really heard any names bandied about that we haven’t all had a serious conversation about. I just can’t really talk about front-runners, and it’s too early, because Akiva [Goldsman, screenwriter] is at the outline stage. I might have a point of view right now on casting, but it could change when I start to see the script or availabilities may shift and all of that, but the names that have emerged are not crazy; they are part of the conversation.

Capone: I heard you have something on your desk that says “It’s badass, stupid.” Can you explain that?

RH: [big laugh] Well, I had had a communication with Harry right around the time that it was announced, sort of an off-the-record thing, and he said, “A lot of people wouldn’t necessarily choose you as the likely candidate for this,” and I think I emailed back “Well, if I had stuck to what people expected of me, I would probably be playing the dad on a Disney Channel sitcom right now.” So, this is a thrilling opportunity and a chance, and yeah it’s not exactly like anything else that I’ve ever done before, but I’m really thrilled for the opportunity. And he emailed back that he heard what I was saying, and basically he just said ,“I think the fans just want to make sure it doesn’t get softened, and that it’s badass.” When I saw him at Butt-Numb-a-Thon, I told him that Clinton used to have thing on his desk saying, “It’s the economy, stupid,” and I jotted down on my desk “It’s badass, stupid.”

Capone: So has the enormity of what you are attempting here really sunk in? This is the kind of thing that your legacy as a director might literally be hinge upon. Before this is was probably APOLLO 13, but this might be your new cornerstone.

RH: [laughs] Well, maybe it’s a little like having a kid, where you don’t want to think about that too much. It’s a huge undertaking and, look, even more importantly, I have a lot of respect for Stephen King, and this is a big part, a big aspect of his life’s work. It’s bold, and that’s exciting and daunting, but I think if I dwell on that too much, I would sort of pull away from it, and we're far enough away from making the movie that it’s no time to be balking. This is just the time to believe and work, and it’s really fascinating stuff to work on, because it’s so character driven. It’s also incredibly visual and, in a lot of ways, it takes no prisoners, and then, in other ways, it’s very emotional stuff, and I love that blend.

Somewhere in one of the books, he’s got, I guess it’s probably the Eddie character saying, “Why do stories have to be one thing or another?” So, in the books, he blends so many genres. I love that kind of thing and I remember, when we were taking SPLASH around trying to get it made, it got put into turn around from one company before Disney picked it up and made it the first Touchstone movie. It went to every studio, and they kept saying “Yeah, but I’m not sure what the tone is. It’s fantasy, but then it’s sort of broad and funny, and then it’s kind of romantic…” And I kept saying, “Isn’t that a good thing?” They said, “No, you need to decide.” I never believed you had to decide, I thought what you had to do is be smart about blending it all in there. I think that all kind of comes from character more than anything else. I feel really fortunate at this point to have something like this that I really am excited about and believe in, yet I don’t exactly know everything about how to make it. So, I think that’s kind of the good news for me, and we'll see how it goes. It’s a long ways from being greenlit, and there’s a lot of work to do between now and that time when a studio could even decide.

Capone: Have you cracked how you are going to get into the story yet?

RH: Yeah. That was part of our pitch to Stephen King initially. “Here’s how we think we would go about this,” and he was really excited about that, and I will also say that any people in the know who are really familiar with it who have heard our take, have reached out and given us a high-five saying we are really onto something. So, I hope we're right about it.

Capone: I can’t wait to see what you are going to do with it. I know these books inside and out, and the more I think about them, the more I wonder “Oh my God, how are they going to do this moment? How are they going to go that attack?”

RH: I'm dying to say more, and I wish we were just a little further along and I could just reveal a couple of nuggets that we just haven’t been able to talk about. They aren’t quite solid enough in our minds or confirmed enough yet to be able to drop them, but people who are close to it feel like we have some good creative ideas about working through it.

Capone: And I wish I had time to ask you about your DARK TOWER task force. Feel free when you do have time or you’re further in to let us know.

RH: Beautiful! And I’m glad you liked THE DILEMMA.

Capone: I definitely did. Thanks so much, Ron.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of disconcerting to hear "Splash" mentioned in a discussion about the Dark Tower, but I see what he means. LOL

Overall a promising interview though, talk is cheap. He certainly seems respectful and sincere.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler holzy1139 is on a distinguished road

He seems like he means well and really wants to make a good product but that doesn't mean much. I remember hearing McG talk about the Terminator sequel and how much respect he had for the franchise and stuff and it ended up sucking. So we won't know for a couple years.

Traveler pvs is on a distinguished road pvs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read that at AICN ,I really hate the idea of Ron Howard directing or even producing this movie/series. If Frank Darabont was involved I would breathe easier.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Howard
    RH: ...“Well, if I had stuck to what people expected of me, I would probably be playing the dad on a Disney Channel sitcom right now.” ...
    Spot on.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I can't remember...how Ron Howard done anything edgy? Not "thrilling" like parts of Apollo 13, but "edgy".

That's how I picture the DT Series (among many other things)....kind of Donnie Darko, Dark City, Dark Tower Series......

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a time when I could not imagine Tom Hanks in any other role than the guy from Bosom Buddies.

People move on.

Ron Howard knows how to make excellent movies. If he fails on this project, then shame on him, but until he proves me wrong, I'm willing to give him a chance.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    There was a time when I could not imagine Tom Hanks in any other role than the guy from Bosom Buddies.

People move on.

Ron Howard knows how to make excellent movies. If he fails on this project, then shame on him, but until he proves me wrong, I'm willing to give him a chance.
    Well said and a great attitude. One that I can get behind. Until he proves otherwise. long live Ron Howard!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

People move on.

Well said and a great attitude. One that I can get behind. Until he proves otherwise. long live Ron Howard!!!!
    Ditto!

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly what Patrick said!

And on a side note, Tom Hanks made a horrible woman.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Exactly what Patrick said!

And on a side note, Tom Hanks made a horrible woman.
    You win that one. He/she was really UGLY!!

Traveler Son of Paul is on a distinguished road Son of Paul's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still nervous, and I'm scared that I'm automatically gonna view the movies through a skeptic lens because of it. I don't want to. I want to enjoy it. I WILL enjoy it, but I think the first thing I disagree with I'll be forced to start disliking it.

I want to make these movies, dammit.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

A friend of mine, who is a huge LOTR fan, always said you watch it the first time to criticize, but you watch it the second, third and forth time to enjoy it.

BTW I thought Tom Hanks made a hot woman
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Bob Munden could make a good Roland, sure does know how to sling a gun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast