Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    How about Elena Goode for susannah???
    I don't really know her, but that's an attractive woman. I don't think she is right for Susannah though. I don't mean this to seem racist - I'm thinking purely in terms of who would fit the role here, considering how she is described in the book - but Elena is clearly a mixed race lady. Susannah is a darker skinned African American lady.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That girl from True Blood is perfect.
    Now she would be spot on.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes she would, i could easily see her talking about MA FA"s and honkey's, isn't her name Rutina something?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sigh, I guess "Alcide" is officially "off the table"? Heathens!!!! LOL LOL While he doesn't have "Star Power" he looks like Roland to me!!!! Shame!!!! Long live Russell Crowe!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Warner Bros. passing on Imagine's 'Dark Tower'
    The ambitious journey of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" book series to the bigscreen and TV has hit another setback, as Warner Bros., which had been in talks to take it on after Universal let it go, has also decided to not move forward.

Ron Howard would direct and produce along with Brian Grazer and King through Grazer and Howard's Imagine Entertainment banner. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman had recently delivered his latest draft for the film's first installment and Russell Crowe had shown interest in playing the lead if Warners gave the film a greenlight.

Series revolves around gunslinger Roland Deschain who roams an Old West-like landscape in search of a dark tower, in hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world.

Grazer and Howard's idea for taking on the series would involve three films and two limited run TV series. HBO would possibly handle the TV series component since both it and WB are owned by TimeWarner.

Imagine is still able to take the project back out to other studios, but this latest news is a blow to the film's future -- when Universal first let go of the film, most insiders around town believed WB was its best chance of getting made.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058091

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could say I'm disappointed but I'm not.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

i am, i wanted my DT set to skyrocket in value

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This would be great news if it means the feature film component gets jettisoned and the series gets the complete book by book treatment at HBO a la Game of Thrones. Maybe it goes to Showtime, since HBO already has a fantasy series in GoT, but as they're vastly different types of fantasies, I think HBO can still have both, just airing at different times during the season.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A straight up HBO/Showtime series is probably the best bet for the series to be done right although even then there are numerous issues.

The proposed "movie-series-movie-series-movie" was a disaster waiting to happen IMO.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not so fast:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/did-...he-dark-tower/
    Media Rights Capital is in serious talks to take on The Dark Tower after Warner Bros declined to make what potentially amounts to three feature films and two limited run TV series. MRC’s Modi Wiczyk is a big fan of the Stephen King novel series, I hear, and the company is eager to capitalize on the positive momentum they got from developing and financing the Seth MacFarlane-directed summer sleeper hit Ted with Mark Wahlberg. MRC next has the Neill Blomkamp-directed Elysium with Matt Damon, and the company has the capital to back an ambitious project like The Dark Tower with director Ron Howard eyeing Russell Crowe as the gunslinger Roland Deschain and his quest to travel through a Western-style world woven with magic to find the Dark Tower, mankind’s only hope. Akiva Goldsman adapted the book and is producing along with Brian Grazer and Stephen King. Even though MRC was unavailable to comment, I expect this deal to make quickly. MRC has a distribution arrangement with Universal, but it’s unclear whether that studio would release the film. Universal developed it but passed on making the project before it moved to Warner Bros.
    MRC also has the upcoming Cloud Atlas, so they know how to deal with difficult material.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha...Ron is one UGLY dood. Was putting in my 2-cents in jest with that suggestion. Hmm....I do like that crossbow dood from The Walking dead as a good Eddie.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that would be Mr. Norman Reedus and I approve!

Click for coolness
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that you with Norman? He's great! I remember there were some rumors last year about him being in talks about playing Eddie.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.stephenking.com/unofficial_news.html
    Online news sources including Entertainment Weekly and The Hollywood Reporter have posted that Warner Brothers has officially passed on Imagine Entertainment's long troubled adaptation of The Dark Tower series.

While no single reason was given for the studios withdrawal, it appears that most insiders believe that series would require a strong R rating that would greatly cut into the profitability of creating such an expensive mega-franchise.

Additionally, the constant reader will learn, no final version of the script was ever agreed upon by all team members regardless of the studios official decline.

When asked about the status of the project, Stephen commented that there is still much interest in the project and that news regarding the series should be announced this fall.

We'll post more updates as they become available. (Ron Howard and Brian Grazer have yet to comment on Warner's decision.)

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

HBO....HBO...HBO....and give us those rough treatments to get frothing rabid over.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
    Is that you with Norman? He's great! I remember there were some rumors last year about him being in talks about playing Eddie.
    Yep that's me with Norman from last weekend.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Well that would be Mr. Norman Reedus and I approve!

Click for coolness
    Can't go wrong with a "Boondock Saint"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Norman did say something about a 3rd movie!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Norman did say something about a 3rd movie!!
    "And a river of souls we shall deliver unto thee..."

Spoiler:
    Off the top of my head. Long live The Saints!!!! LOL

Edit:

Spoiler:

And the best one:

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I pictured Norman Reedus as Eddie when I read the books, and, as much as I love him as an actor, I can't see him passing as a 23 year old.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I pictured Norman Reedus as Eddie when I read the books, and, as much as I love him as an actor, I can't see him passing as a 23 year old.
    Buggers, It's Hollywood!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I'd give him a pass. If he gained some weight back he would look younger. He's skin and bones right now!

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind Sean Patrick either

Click for more coolness

Traveler domomuffin is on a distinguished road

ok since everything is up in the air again how about this approach -
    an HBO series adaptation (ala Game Of Thrones), but..
    do 'Wizard And Glass' as a movie (minus the wizard of oz ending) in the middle.
    since 'Wizard' is basically a self contained story, anyone can have an awesome time watching it without knowing anything about Roland's quest for the tower. and if you are into DT then it's also a direct continuation of the storyline. everybody wins.
    after the movie the series picks up again.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/aaron...ark-tower.html

Ron Howard's ambitious adaptation of Stephen King's Dark Tower may never get made at this rate, but Aaron Paul is happy to volunteer for one of the saga's biggest roles in reformed junkie Eddie Dean. A fan suggested the part to Paul on Twitter, and apparently he's thought it through. "Trust me. HUGE dream of mine," he wrote. Lost's Damon Lindelof, once attached to the adaptation, cosigned Paul as "the best Eddie ever." King has called Breaking Bad "an American classic" — care to weigh in, Uncle Stevie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast