Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 254 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

It is going to happen eventually. It's not going to be told in it's "entirety" though and probably not even in order of the books. Fans of the books are going flip out of course and be flabbergasted when that happens. You will think the Beams broke and the Tower has fallen when it happens! Even if this were to go 8 movies or 8 seasons on TV they still would not be able to tell everything in the books or in the same order. The order of the story would confuse the hell out of the general public. Let's face it that is the audience. They are not going to just cater to the DT fans and tell it like that straight up. They may follow the general outline but it's not going to skip back and forth and all around like the novels do.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the real dagger:

Imagine and Howard steadfastly denied that the project was officially dead but last week word leaked that Howard was prepping another movie, the Formula 1 racing pic Rush, to which Chris Hemsworth was attached to star.

European car racing? Seriously?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i saw an article about Ron Howard planning also another movie... uNDER THE BANNER OF HEAVEN

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79981
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Crimson Canada is on a distinguished road

HI all

I am new to the forum, not new to the wonder of TDT though lol

You can count me as one of the crowd DYING to see this get done. WHile i am disappointed, there are a few things taht i always was happy about in this attempt, and those that i was not, but was willing to let go, in order to see it done.
    Not happy:

Ron Howard. He is NOt the man for the job, though i truly repect the passion he showed for this in trying to get it done.

Happy:
    Javier Bardem. The pyshical "look" of an actor pales wildly in comparison to their ability to bring life to one of the greatest characters in a long time. Bardem was a great choice. I hope he manages to stay on

Also, Part of me is EXTREMELY happy that Universal walked on this!!. They are a crappy, small minded, risk adverse studio whoe will left behind just like the network attached to them. It is better off out of their hands

BUt this news of Warner Bros. picking it up? That could be teh BEST news of all. Think about it!!! Warner Bros; this is the studio that has directors like Peter Jackson, F. Darabont and CHRISTOPHER NOLAN tied very tightly with them. They will green light the riskiest of projects and back to the most eclectic small production companies and their creative ideas.
    But above all else (and most important in this case) this is the studio that committed a decade of theri time and a PILE of their resources to Harry Potter. Love or hate the little english douche and his sexy friend (lol) but it s a cinematic achievement and a testament to Warner Bros. place at the top of this industry.

Think of the possibilites!!!!!! Worried about where to put what book in the 3 movie/2 tv series idea from universal??? F THAT!!! "we're warner bros, we'll jsut make 8 films and an HBO special out of the graphic novels!!!!!!!!!!!

If Warner pics this up, it could and will be the best thing that happened to this franchise. who knows? maybe they can convince nolan or jackson to do a few of the films LOL

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    This is the real dagger:

Imagine and Howard steadfastly denied that the project was officially dead but last week word leaked that Howard was prepping another movie, the Formula 1 racing pic Rush, to which Chris Hemsworth was attached to star.

Info: Formula 1 racing is worldwide, not just Europe.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    This is the real dagger:

Not necessarily. While they are putting together a new deal he can work on other things. At the pace things move in Hollywood, he can't really afford to sit around and wait.

Traveler Russ is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering, with Harry Potter now done, and Nolans Batman ending next summer, does it look like Warner could pick this up? They also are the ones who are re-doing The Stand. Bit of a stretch here, but you never know. I'm thinking these will get made, too, and got mixed feelings on it.

Traveler Crimson Canada is on a distinguished road

that is what i said in my above post!! it would be AMAZING to have Warner pick it up and make it into 7-8 blockbuster movies

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting podcast with Bev Vincent about THE DARK TOWER

http://thekingcast.ca/site/?p=154
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

this doesnt really belong in this forum excet to bring some cheer to the dissapointment of DT movie/tv series being dropped.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Harry...and-25700.html

Traveler Geomon is on a distinguished road Geomon's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

I danced a jig at the news of this being canceled. Thank you lawd!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not cancelled per se. Just won't be with Universal. Which is a good thing. This has to happen with WB and HBO.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Not cancelled per se. Just won't be with Universal. Which is a good thing. This has to happen with WB and HBO.
    I agree!! Though I hope they get an "Ironclad" commitment from HBO. Hate to see another "Carnivale" or "John from Cincinatti"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geomon View Post
    I danced a jig at the news of this being canceled. Thank you lawd!
    amen to that.
    Time is a face on the water.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think Viggo would be the best Roland.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I still think Viggo would be the best Roland.
    Co-effin-signed.

It's KA that it got postponed after Bardem signed on.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Quint over at AintItCool.com has posted an editorial in which he suggests an HBO Dark Tower series with Frank Darabont as the showrunner. There's quite a good discussion going on in the comments...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50598

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The possibility of Darabont taking over was the first thing I thought of when I heard he was leaving The Walking Dead.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slender View Post
    Quint over at AintItCool.com has posted an editorial in which he suggests an HBO Dark Tower series with Frank Darabont as the showrunner. There's quite a good discussion going on in the comments...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50598
    I think that would be a good idea. I liked the idea of mixed films and series, partly as it's never really been done before. (There have been series spin-offs of films and vice versa but not the mix they were talking about- as far as I know.) Creatively it was an interesting way to go. Trouble is, it's also rather risky. If it's one or the other I'd rather go with a good TV series. (I've yet to see Game of Thrones but I've heard plenty of good things.) And I have seen The Walking Dead, and I liked it a lot.

As long as Darabont doesn't walk away from The Dark Tower too. (Should he do it, I understand it's just an idea.) I get the impression it's mainly creative differences that caused him to walk from The Walking Dead though, so as long as the execs leave him to do his thing...

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

After seeing Cowboys and Aliens which I thought was a good movie, I would love to see DT series on the big screen!

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

I'm intrigued by having Darabont do it. Obviously he's done King well in the past. Shawshank, and The Mist to name just two. Speaking of The Mist the fact that he went ahead and filmed an alternate ending. I really like the fact that the director may be filming on or at least about"other worlds than these" for The Dark Tower adaptation. lol

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Another person glad Universal is dropping. Yeah, let them stick to stupid racing movies.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

They're still trying to make it happen.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/back...3IU0gejJ2gLh1H

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.slashfilm.com/javier-bard...seeks-funding/
    The boys at Imagine Entertainment aren’t going to let Universal’s brush-off get them down. Not long ago, Universal opted not to fund an adaptation of Stephen King‘s novel series The Dark Tower, which was planned to encompass three feature films and at least two short connective television series. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Akiva Goldsman make up the trio that have been trying to assemble the project, and, as intimated by King when Universal turned away, they’re not giving up.

Javier Bardem remains attached to play Roland Deschain in the features. And one venue for the TV aspect of the project could end up being Netflix.

Brian Grazer told Page Six,

[We're] trying to get outside financing to make it, and distribute it through a major [studio].

Could that mean a company like Media Rights Capital, or Annapurna Pictures, the outfit headed by Megan Ellison? (Her brother, David Ellison, could also potentially be a backer, which could lead to a distribution deal with Paramount.) That’s probably along the lines of what Grazer is talking about, though any specifics are just speculation on my part right now.

More interesting is that Page Six paraphrases the producer saying that “they also planned to go ahead with the TV spin-offs of the horror Western fantasies, but through other networks or even Netflix.” It’s that last note, about Netflix, that really strikes me as interesting. The company has been looking into producing its own television-type content, and partnering with Imagine for The Dark Tower would be quite a big move into that space. I’d like to see more direct quotes from Grazer on that topic, though, before getting too excited.

I’m still not convinced that this is the right creative team for The Dark Tower — not at all, really — but I am still fascinated by the scope of their plan for the story. Not being particularly invested in The Dark Tower, I’d almost like to see this get made, just to see if they can pull it off. But with Ron Howard directing the Formula One film Rush soon, this won’t be happening until next summer at the earliest.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

promises; promises that is all I have to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 254 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast