Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 254 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh yes, it can

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Bardem is a great choice for Roland. We'll see if he accepts though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

I love you all I really do...from one constant reader to another but I seriously am infuriated with Javier as Roland...I am the Richard that is posting on Lilja's facebook release about this...I respect the man as an actor but he is much more suited for Marten then Roland...Long, tall, and ugly is not him...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Christian Bale would be a better Roland.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of Bardem. He really is an amazing actor and I've loved him ever since I saw him in The Sea Inside.

I wonder if he'll accept the role or not. He just had a new baby a few days ago and signing on to play Roland is going to be a HUGE time commitment.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm completely with you Richard. I am so disappointed in this news. First we go from the incredible creative team of Lost to Ron howard. And now . . . With the exception of daniel craig, who was a rediculous thought in the first place, I would have been happy with any of the actors on the list to play roland. I am not happy with the choice of Bardem. This is off to a bad start. Ruined my whole day. Ha
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I like the idea of Bardem. He's not someone I imagined playing Roland, but when I heard his name, I thought: Hey that's not a bad idea.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just another three beans on the subject:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48241
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy idoless is on a distinguished road idoless's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would much prefer Jarvier Bardem to Christian Bale. Bale is a god awful actor with no range what so ever. However, I have not seen any Bardem movies..can he even speak without a spanish accent? Plus, he has brown eyes so he better freakin wear some contacts.

Guess my dream of Viggo being Roland is shattered.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i think "Bardem" is over-rated. i think "Ron Opie Howard" is smoking crack cause "Viggo" is a by FAR better actor, if "Bardmen" takes this job he'll have to lose A LOT of weight cause Roland is skinny & from pictures i've seen of him he's to heavy. i'm sorry he does NOT look the look at all. someone on the IMDB board said that they should get the dude who's on 'Haven" if anyone watches that show

on "Syfy" channel the actor who's name i forget but he's the main male lead on the show. the cops son. or rather the cheif's son. look him up he looks just like "Roland' Ought to look. he may be too young for it, but they could always age him.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe he can speak without a spanish accent. Still so bummed about this mess.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hell even "Antonio Banderas" did i spell his name right? hmm..?? let me know if i did? if not sorry about my spelling, anyways, that's a guy for example who's been doing american movies for almost 20 years now. & even HIS English though good, still has an accent in them.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Viggo was my first choice, but maybe he just wasn't interested.

Traveler koz is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    I don't believe he can speak without a spanish accent. Still so bummed about this mess.
    Madness.

I don't much care how good an actor he is, but this is terrible. Accent or not, he does not look white. He has brown eyes, he is a Spaniard. He does not in any way resemble even closely resembles the arch type that is Roland...

Is it so hard to get a half decent white actor?

They should have gotten Mortensen at any cost.

Howard has got to be smoking crack here.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU that's just what i said.

Country
    Country Flag

Where the hell is frank darabont when we need him?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i wish i knew man i wish i knew

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    Madness.

I don't much care how good an actor he is, but this is terrible. Accent or not, he does not look white. He has brown eyes, he is a Spaniard. He does not in any way resemble even closely resembles the arch type that is Roland...

Is it so hard to get a half decent white actor?

They should have gotten Mortensen at any cost.

Howard has got to be smoking crack here.
    You all are preachin to the choir!!!! Viggo Mortensen is wayyy better than Bardem. Even if they could not get Viggo, a least get an actor who looks like Roland. An actor that has blue eyes!!! If Bardem does accept the role (I hope he does not accept it!) I hope he at least wears blue contacts!

Country
    Country Flag

Javier as Roland : Don't be escared Hake. Like joo esaid, dere are other worlds dan dese. Haha
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I do agree that Roland definitely needs to keep his blue eyes in tact. If they do not find an actor with blue eyes . . . They better get some really convicing contacts. And Susannah NEEDS to be black. How thwy are even considering a white actress for the role is idiocy.
    I agree on both accounts. Especially on the part of Susannah! A white actress would screw up the entire movie series!!! If the actress is white, the character aspect of Odetta/Detta would fall apart! Nothing would make sense! Especially for the book The Drawing of the Three, the Odetta/Detta character was half of that book plot. Also for the Song of Susannah. The entire Mia/Susannah/Detta character plus the whole entire storyline will just die!
    If the actress is white, the whole entire characterization of Susannah will fail! The movie would be better off if it just leaves out the character of Susannah instead of making it a white actress!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bardem would be great as Roland. They'll olden him up a little and he'll look great.

Traveler koz is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    If Bardem does accept the role (I hope he does not accept it!) I hope he at least wears blue contacts!
    Blue eyes on a fairly tan guy would look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Bardem would be great as Roland. They'll olden him up a little and he'll look great.
    Could you please explain to me why you think he would be great, because I certainly can't see it...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i was talking to my dad tonite about him. & he said it best. the guy looks like a horse! he goes he he he's got a horses head. i thought about it. & you know what? he's right! he DOES indeed look like a horse.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

It would make sense for an actor that looks like a horse to play him.
    From The Waste Lands
    "Keflex. You can trust it, Jake; it came from a government-approved pharmacy in good old New York. Roland swallowed a bunch of it, and he's as healthy as a horse. Looks a little like one, too, as you can see."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah i know, i LOVE that line. but as someone said Roland is English he's NOT described at all with an accent. i am curious though on one thing, how in the hell will the high or low speech sound?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 254 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast