Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 254 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    ... (knock on wood - A TDT sequel - THAT would be nightmarish).
    So, how do you feel about the prequel novel?

On topic -- Better they stick to the books than adapt in any way to what's usually done in movies. Honestly, though, the scope of the project has me hopeful that it's not too bound to precedent.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    ... (knock on wood - A TDT sequel - THAT would be nightmarish).
    So, how do you feel about the prequel novel?

On topic -- Better they stick to the books than adapt in any way to what's usually done in movies. Honestly, though, the scope of the project has me hopeful that it's not too bound to precedent.
    Curiously, I'm totally fine with the prequel. Getting more back story (or side-story) is different from writing 'what happened next' definitively. I like the ending of TDT, and happen to think about it quite often; it's quite interesting to notice how the thinking changes depending on the stage of life that I'm at.

Fully agree with sticking to the books. I would very much like to see the books in all their splendor made into movies, rather than being cut down to size, to fit some perceived standard.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I thought the movie ending to The Mist was the best SK movie ending ever!!! I thought the book ending was stupid! [SPOILERthe book ending had the father whispering to his son "Hartford, hope" boring![/SPOILER] The movie ending really shook me up and made me remember the movie and made me think about it long after I saw it.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    The last thing I want to see if they actually do go with the 20th loop with the Horn and all is a crappy Hollywood ending. I can just picture that ridiculous thing that that guy posted in some other thread, the one who's going to Misery King's ass if he doesn't change the ending or whatever he said lol, being close to what we end up getting to see.

I'd rather see Roland end up at McD's at the end then to see him smiling and hugging Susan Delgado. Give me Roland shouting out all the names, laying down the gun, stepping in, huge flash of white and then flashback to young Patrick drawing a picture of it and credits. That's about as happy as an ending as I'd want.
    This sounds like an awesome ending.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

:facepalm: I sure hope that you don't happen end up in their test screening, pd76. lol, No offense.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Actually I thought the movie ending to The Mist was the best SK movie ending ever!!! I thought the book ending was stupid! [SPOILERthe book ending had the father whispering to his son "Hartford, hope" boring![/SPOILER] The movie ending really shook me up and made me remember the movie and made me think about it long after I saw it.
    I Agree!!!! I thought the Movie ending was way more powerful and thought provoking. One of the top ten SK adaptions ever made IMHO!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

I don't know how I want the movie to be. As few changes as possible from the books but that's what all of us geeks want, imho. But we all know there are going to be changes and plenty of them just to fit into the limited space that even three movies and a mini series can offer.

How about this for a change, I forget which books prologue or epilogue it is that King says that we have to be prepared for the very real possibility that Roland isn't the one to make it to the Tower. lol.

Traveler Barlowe is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlowe View Post

Besides, I don't doubt filmmakers would be able to make that scene quite well without actually showing his junk. .
    Viggo Mortensen did a whole fight scene naked in Eastern Promises, and it was honestly pretty badass. He kicked the crap out of those guys.
    Ah now that you mention it, I saw that movie Yeah that scene was pretty badass.

It might not even BE a problem to show his junk in that scene...Remember the Watchmen movie? As I recall, we get to see all of Dr. Manhattan in several scenes :p

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Rumour:Chrstian Bale New Front runner for Dark Tower Movie?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=28774

Also this, wtf?
    Also Dexter star Jennifer Carpenter and Ghita Tazi are supposedly on the short list for the role of Suzannah.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few months ago I would definitely be against the idea, but after seeing his dedicatiom to the role he played in The Fighter . . . I could get on board with this idea. Even though I know Hollywood rumors do not carry much weight . . . Especially this early in the game.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

No Christian Bale. He's a good actor, but: no.
    And if a white woman plays Susannah, I swear I will not see the movies at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't watch it either. Here's another link, the original one was removed.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1146182p1.html

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Christian Bale... No Way
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Javier Bardem Wanted for The Dark Tower

Not sure if he'll take it, but there it is. I'd prefer Viggo, but I'll take Bardem over some of the other choices. And if Susannah is white I'm going to flip out. I probably won't see the movies anyway because I'm afraid of how ruined they'll be, but that will be an extra ten nails in the coffin.

I also preferred the movie ending to The Mist... it was horrifying and awesome. The book ending would never have worked on film anyway, you know people would have walked out pissed.

Traveler koz is on a distinguished road

I am not digging this...

Firstly, it's not Roland if he doesn't have bombardier blue eyes... Bardem is great and all but he doesn't have the look for Roland...

Secondly, Carpenter better be Allie... If she (or anyone white) will portray Susannah it will destroy DT for many of us... I can't see this happening...
    Zoe Saldana would be prefect!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do agree that Roland definitely needs to keep his blue eyes in tact. If they do not find an actor with blue eyes . . . They better get some really convicing contacts. And Susannah NEEDS to be black. How thwy are even considering a white actress for the role is idiocy.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    I do agree that Roland definitely needs to keep his blue eyes in tact. If they do not find an actor with blue eyes . . . They better get some really convicing contacts. And Susannah NEEDS to be black. How thwy are even considering a white actress for the role is idiocy.
    Exactly! That makes me think of the Fantastic Four movie, and how they got a dark haired, dark eyed woman to play a blond blue eyed woman. She just looked creepy throughout the entire film.
    Seriously? A white Susanah? What is wrong with these people? I can't see Stephen going for that.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Considering they stated that Bale was ahead of Bardem... then Bardem is apparently offered the role, I'd take those white actress suggestions with a pinch of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if people who haven't read the books were having a discussion about actresses and someone heard etc, etc... Media Chinese Whispers .
    Spoiler:
    Maybe they're up for Mia though? I could just about see the feisty Jennifer Carpenter in that role although she issn't quite what I imagined in appearance.
    I really hope they don't change Susannah's race. I'd rather they didn't even cast a mixed race or light skinned 'black' woman. (By that, I mean the really fair black ladies. I'm aware there are shades of brown that fit Susannah's description just fine.)

Also I never thought Bardem particularly had the right look for Roland. As others have said, he has blue eyes (although yes they can go the contact route) but his whole face and type looks different to my mental view. He has a more hispanic type look, the kind I'd imagine seeing in Mejis. (One google later, apparently he is Spanish.) I'd see how he does though.

I hope I don't come across as a racist in this post. I just want the actors to be cast close to the characters they portray whatever, their race happens to be.

Traveler CaptHowdy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1146345p1.html
    Seems as if Viggo is out of the question. Which makes Bardem the best choice to me.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Official news: Ron Howard has offered the role to Javier Bardem. No word on whether or not he has accepted. (confirmed on SKMB by Ms. Mod)

Country
    Country Flag

Boo.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think he could be great. I know everyone has a mental image of Roland, but Bardem can blend into roles. He has demonstrated icy cold killer already.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the choice of Bardem!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uh-ho
    Not my idea of Roland at all, but we'll see. He's a fine actor so maybe, if he accepts, this will not be disastrous after all.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent actor. I'm really glad that the choices were all good actors. This can't go wrong!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 254 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast