Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 254 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nothing wrong with January per se (and it's a few days before my birthday), but there's nothing in The Gunslinger that's very summer-blockbustery.
    True, but it will have to be marketed as such. The marketing for this must leave no room for doubt, it has to come across as a viable blockbuster franchise if it is to stand any chance of succeeding the way we all want it to.

I hope they eschew the serialized portion and just do seven movies.
    Seven movies is too difficult with the way the series is structured. The Gunslinger doesn't have enough 'meat' to be its own movie, it works better in tandem with Drawing. And you can't follow The Wastelands with a prequel, it would disrupt the flow of events. I actually like the idea of the TV portion dealing specifically with the events pre-Gunslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Fassbender is an interesting suggestion, but i'm sure he's tied up in a long Marvel contract with Dr. Strange and you are not gonna get one of the biggest current actors with a no-name director
    Dr. Strange is being played by Benedict Cumberbatch, not Michael Fassbender...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is great, from the Nerdist: WILL DARK TOWER FINALLY GET MADE?
    Video is even more incredible because of Jessica Chobot

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is great, from the Nerdist: WILL DARK TOWER FINALLY GET MADE?
    Thanks Bev! Loved this. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'd go with Fassbender.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'd go with Fassbender.
    Now that is an interesting choice.
    I still like either, "Boyd" or "Raylan" from "Justified".
    I couldn't go with either of them. I loved Justified so much that they are both forever locked into those roles in my mind's eye. I just wouldn't be able to see either of them as Roland. Walter Goggins played Boyd by the way. He was great on The Shield and in cameos on Sons of Anarchy!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm still having a hard time believing any of this news regarding a release date. They just keep crying wolf.

Also, if Timothy Olyphant were cast as Roland, I don't even think I could watch the movies. I just don't like him for some reason.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fassbender: good choice, maybe too saturated on the big screen (xmen, prometheus series, Jobs movie).
    Mortensen: would nail it. Might come across as too Aragorn-y though.
    Crowe: great actor, needs to lose weight for the role. Roland is more emaciated.
    Bardem: missing the eye color, but otherwise he would be great I think.
    Daniel Craig: another good choice, not sure if the accent will disrupt the mid-world vibe.
    Jackman: maybe. Wrong eyes though.
    Brolin: great actor, but I don't feel he looks like Roland. But i'm sure he could win me over.
    Michael Shannon: like him as an actor, but he seems like he'd be a better bad guy.

Can't wait to see who is cast.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbuck View Post
    Fassbender: good choice, maybe too saturated on the big screen (xmen, prometheus series, Jobs movie).
    Mortensen: would nail it. Might come across as too Aragorn-y though.
    Crowe: great actor, needs to lose weight for the role. Roland is more emaciated.
    Bardem: missing the eye color, but otherwise he would be great I think.
    Daniel Craig: another good choice, not sure if the accent will disrupt the mid-world vibe.
    Jackman: maybe. Wrong eyes though.
    Brolin: great actor, but I don't feel he looks like Roland. But i'm sure he could win me over.
    Michael Shannon: like him as an actor, but he seems like he'd be a better bad guy.

Can't wait to see who is cast.
    Loved your break down.. as I am on board for most of this. I think the BEST choice is Mortenson... Arahon-y or not.... other than that no one of this list. Crowe maybe but again needs to THIN out. And Tim O??? HELL NO... he would ruin it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Please, no Timothy Olyphant.

And I know I've floated this before... Dylan McDermott???

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Please, no Timothy Olyphant.

And I know I've floated this before... Dylan McDermott???

Could be good.... BUT I he isnt the best actor... just ok. Roland needs someone with acting chops.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Baradin is on a distinguished road Baradin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

Roland: Viggo Mortensen
    Eddie: Aaron Paul
    Detta: Tika Sumpter
    Jake: No clue. It'll end up being an unknown child actor.
    Man In Black/Walter O'Dim/Randall Flagg (I hate that thanks to the revised edition they are all the same now ): Nathan Fillion or Gary Oldman
    "And within it, a stairway, perhaps rising to the Godhead itself. Would you dare climb to the top, gunslinger? Could it be that somewhere above all of endless reality, there exists a room?...

You dare not."

Mi him en tow
    Mi tow can de lach.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland: Javier Bardem
    Eddie: Aaron Paul
    Susannah: Rutina Wesley
    Walter: Robert Carlyle
    Randall Flagg: Matthew McConaughey

Last two is assuming that they have different actors for Walter's different 'personas' but I think Carlyle would be perfect for Walter (if you've seen him on 'Once Upon a Time' he already has Walter's titter down pat) whereas I can see McConaughey as Randall Flagg wearing the denim jacket and cowboy boots.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They will have an issue with Jake unless they film them all back to back. My guess is that they will bump his age a bit which effects some of the core aspects of the story but an 11 year old will show age very quickly and you can't have him starting 11 and ending 16 when it's only supposed to cover a year give or take. LOST had the same issue and had to quickly right Michael's son off of the show.

The director isn't exactly unknown either. I think a foreign director is a fantastic idea.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    They will have an issue with Jake unless they film them all back to back. My guess is that they will bump his age a bit which effects some of the core aspects of the story but an 11 year old will show age very quickly and you can't have him starting 11 and ending 16 when it's only supposed to cover a year give or take. LOST had the same issue and had to quickly right Michael's son off of the show.

The director isn't exactly unknown either. I think a foreign director is a fantastic idea.
    I was thinking of the exact same thing whenever I dared entertain the notion of a DT movie series. It isn't like Harry Potter where the characters naturally get older as the series developes Jake's a tough nut to work with when you consider movies, unless as you say, they literally shoot every movie back to back.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Dr. Strange is being played by Benedict Cumberbatch, not Michael Fassbender...
    DOH! For some reason I get those two confused. I think both those guys are at the top of the heap pright now in critical acclaim of their acting chops and also popularity. It is gonna be hard to get someone of that level with a lesser known director.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again...he might be unknown to many here but he is an award winning foreign director. His version of GWTDT is so much better than the US version with Daniel Craig. Also there are tons of great actors who are not in summer blockbusters. I am sure that there are many in hollywood who would like to be part of something this large and potentially epic. I think their director choice is fantastic and would take him over a blockbuster director almost any day. We don't need a fluffy hollywood movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Arcel's last film A Royal Affair was nominated for the Best Foreign Film Oscar and Golden Globe in 2012, so he's not exactly a nobody:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take Peter Jackson - he knows how to deliver an epic.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch The Hobbit movies?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch The Hobbit movies?
    Yeah, and I enjoyed them all!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Hobbit was a combination of attempting to expand a thin source material and Jackson not wanting to do it.

That being said I doubt he would commit to an entire series like DT. Maybe he could do one movie like Wizard and Glass.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Again...he might be unknown to many here but he is an award winning foreign director. His version of GWTDT is so much better than the US version with Daniel Craig. Also there are tons of great actors who are not in summer blockbusters. I am sure that there are many in hollywood who would like to be part of something this large and potentially epic. I think their director choice is fantastic and would take him over a blockbuster director almost any day. We don't need a fluffy hollywood movie.
    He didnt direct TWTDT. He wrote it. I haven't seen any of the guys films so I guess I shouldn't arbitrarily pan him. Don't you know how Hollywood works? Folks are talking about wanting to see 7 films or 4 films + a tv show. That will only happen if these films make MONEY.

There needs to be an artistic director, plus name talent, plus big money risk taking executive producers behind this project for a successful adaptation.

I want to see Mid-world depicted with such attention to detail and love for the source material as the ASOIAF adaptation has received. I guess I'll need to help this project goes into development hell for a couple more years until Weiss & Benioff are free
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    The Hobbit was a combination of attempting to expand a thin source material and Jackson not wanting to do it.

That being said I doubt he would commit to an entire series like DT. Maybe he could do one movie like Wizard and Glass.
    I dont know about that interpretation. The Hobbit is one of the most beloved works in all of Literature, much less pop culture.

Jackson strung the films out so he could A. Get Paid (as he was screwed out of money on LOTR and had to sue to get his due reward) and B. Illustrate parts of the appendices/afterworks that mainly appeal to the diehard fans of Tolkien.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

If you look at the behind the scenes stuff it's clear that Jackson (although he probably did the best he could) was exhausted from Lord of the Rings and wasn't up for doing 'The Hobbit' but had do because Guillermo del Toro left.

The Hobbit's a beloved work of literature but there was simply not enough material for three whole movies, appendices included.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I chose to view "The Hobbit" and the material, PJ had to work with as his attempt to complete his cinematic version of the beloved literary opus, in respect and love to, Tolkien. In that vein, I think he did an amazing job all in all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 254 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast