Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 254 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler Oy!Oy! is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

sorry posted before I was through. I meant Patrick Wilson isnt too well known that ppl would see the actor instead of the character. Like John Wayne took over his characters and made them into his own instead protraying the character. Hope I didnt offend any John Wayne lovers here but always played the same type character.
    I just want to see the characters come to life on the screen, not a famous name!

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If you click on each actor's pic and scroll down it says that the casting has been announced. Good choices, all IMHO!!!!

Eddie is a Boondock Saint!!!!!!!!! Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you may be misinterpreting that. It means the movie has been announced, but hasn't started production yet, not that casting was announced. Other films have things like "post-production" listed next to them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy!Oy! View Post
    sorry posted before I was through. I meant Patrick Wilson isnt too well known that ppl would see the actor instead of the character. Like John Wayne took over his characters and made them into his own instead protraying the character. Hope I didnt offend any John Wayne lovers here but always played the same type character.
    I just want to see the characters come to life on the screen, not a famous name!

You might want to be a little more careful. The way I hear it "The Society for the Preservation of John Wayne and his Legacy" has eyes and ears virtually EVERYWHERE!!!!
    They are not to be trifled with!!!! Almost all members are NRA as well!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh. I wonder about that imdb stuff. Granted I have no clue how movie scheduling stuff works, but isn't Norman Reedus tied up right now with The Walking Dead?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

I hated Boondock Saints so I'm pretty disappointed if my co-favorite character comes from that. Bardem is a great choice considering his acting chops and his relatively unknown look. I just hope they Roland him up properly. I think he is a better fit for Walter or Cort though. For some reason his character in NCFOM is almost exactly how I imagined Cort.

I'm very excited about this project, but I have so many questions. The two most pressing in my mind are will the story follow the same timeline? It seems like it would be hard for an actor to play young and old Roland. It seems to me it might be better to start with all the backstory in the first movie; although I wouldn't be too thrilled about TDOTT being on television. Which bring me to my second question. How the heck are they going to adapt this to television? I really can't think of one book that would work on TV.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just remember that the only officially announced actor so far is Bardem. I wouldn't be surprised that IMDB info is false.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Until it gets confirmed at stephenking.com, I'm not believing anything. I could edit the IMDB entry if I wanted to and put Quick Draw McGraw in for the Man in Black...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Until it gets confirmed at stephenking.com, I'm not believing anything. I could edit the IMDB entry if I wanted to and put Quick Draw McGraw in for the Man in Black...
    Huh? Good to know!!!! For some reason I always thought IMDB was an "official" movie site. Thanks for the info!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    It seems to me it might be better to start with all the backstory in the first movie;
    According to the current plan, (at least as far as the blurb on the web is concerned) the second series will be the backstory.

No doubt they'll have another actor in the role. It'll be a while down the line as they've got two films and a series to get through first so they've got a while to cast the nipper ka-tet.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

U weighs 'Dark Tower' turnaround
    Movie trilogy and interlocking TV series could be shopped

Sources tell Variety that in the last couple of days, the project, based on Stephen King's sweeping seven-book-and-counting series, has run into budgetary complications that have caused Universal execs to rethink original plans. Insiders expect U brass to meet in coming days to decide whether to put the project into turnaround, whereby producer Imagine Entertainment could shop it to another studio, either to partner with Universal or take over entirely.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118036473

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sell it to HBO! (Anyone watching Game of Thrones?)

Traveler srebmahc781ekaj is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenrot View Post
    Javier Bardem Closing 'Dark Tower' Deal
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/javi...rk-tower-deal/
    Looks like my dream casting of Hugh Laurie is almost dead...
    Yeah, the more I though about it the more I liked it.

Hugh Deschain by jake187chambers, on Flickr

Obviously roughen up the face a bit but I think he would have been great.

Traveler srebmahc781ekaj is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Sell it to HBO! (Anyone watching Game of Thrones?)
    Yeah, it's pretty good. Lots of potential.

Which of course with HBO means they'll cancel it after two seasons ... just like Carnivale. Fuckers.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I don't know ... I was never on board the Hugh Laurie as Roland train. Whoever plays Roland has to possess a certain type of cold intensity, a sense of cunning and ruthlessness lurking behind steely eyes. Laurie strikes me as someone who wouldn't hurt a housefly if he could avoid it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

neither would Roland... if he could avoid it

(Arguable. For a different thread. I know.)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to start a thread "Roland vs House Flies".

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

From an interview with Norman Reedus:
    PW: You're also rumored to be a part of another genre favorite, "The Dark Tower." True?
    Norman: You know, I hope I’m a part of that – that’s sort of in the air right now. IMDB says definitely, but it’s still in the works, so I can’t say “yay, I’m a part of that” just yet. But when and if I can, I’ll be naked doing cartwheels through Chinatown.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwra...PUrh4agK9Y0WjM

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Wow – Reedus isn't giving a flat denial. It sounds to me like he's definitely in talks for the part, but is attempting to avoid answering the question since it still isn't a done deal. If he does get cast as Eddie, his character in The Walking Dead will probably be killed off or gotten rid of in some inconclusive way so that he can be brought back at a later date, or perhaps they'll just find some way to fit both series into his schedule. I hope this means the Biehn rumour has some truth in it too...

The news of Universal's reconsiderations is worrying. Hopefully their problems will be resolved very soon.

ObsessedWithFilm mentions that 'the final chapter of King's novel has Universal brass scratching their heads' – should we take this as a hint that Howard and Goldsman are planning to retain the more bizarre aspects of the later books? I certainly hope so... I may be in the minority here, but the metafictional stuff is what made the series for me.

And Moviefone is reporting that the first TV series will debut in 2012 – which is at least a few months before the first film. I suppose we'll be seeing Roland's adventures in the chronological order adopted by the comic books, then – they'll be starting with the Wizard & Glass flashbacks. This contradicts Universal's press release from last year, which said the flashback TV series would go between the second and third films, but it's the only explanation I can see.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Here's another story on the financial issues...not good news:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/dark...ddress-budget/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Here's another story on the financial issues...not good news:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/dark...ddress-budget/
    Your right that doesn't sound good. The weird thing is, even though I know zip about movies, is that didn't they have a budget in place before pre-production? Or is pre-production just a stage where the budget is actually produced and defined?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think your second part is right.

Problem is, Howard and Co. probably had an idea that made sense to them...but the bean-counters at the studio didn't see the profit. I think it's a minimum year delay (talking out my ass).

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Sounds like Universal just got cold feet. Even if they drop out, there are too many others lined up for it not to happen. Just need the right studio that is willing to take a chance and swing for the fences.

Same thing happened with the Weinsteins on LOTR. Miramax dropped out because they were scared of the price tag. New Line stepped up. New Line made boatloads and the Weinsteins closed up shop not long after.

Well, I don't know that anybody's lined up....other studios might take a look at it, but for an investment like that to start over is not a good thing. They have to restart casting, etc. The TV series made this such a difficult crapshoot...

But, we'll see...maybe they'll get it together.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If it goes to HBO, they'll scream total committment and then cease production right around "Wastelands"

Nevertheless, Timothy Olyphant for Ol' Long, tall and ugly!!!!!!!! He's gotta be the closest thing to Clint out there right now!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Default universal is run by schmucks, they're thinking about bailing on the dt films

if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 254 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast