Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 254 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    As others mentioned, this news is bitter sweet. I'm a little sad I'll have to wait an additional few months, but I'm all for it if it means a better end product.
    Affirmative. I choose to grab that silver lining and tug the hell out of it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bit of the discussion on the move and competition and so on from the Movie Talk crew (starts at 10:25):

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the purported VFX from "Dr. Strange" has anything to do with the move as well?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i saw this got moved until the summer, though i am dying to see it there's no doubt about that, i also am curious mostly on how well it will do at all. because if it ends on a cliff-hanger and it's a flop one wonders if the studio will greenlight a 2nd film and when will that be made? the kid who plays Jake does of course age in real life and he'll no doubt grow up as the film are being made. i just hope they don't recast him if the kid is any good. having said that i hope the film is good, actually unlike some people i love the film version of the Stand. i count it as one of the better film adapations of one of his books, but than i also love the film version of the dark half that a lot of people seem to hate to each their own in short. i wonder why the date change though? i'd love to at least see a trailer for this, i wonder if they have made one yet ?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i saw this got moved until the summer, though i am dying to see it there's no doubt about that, i also am curious mostly on how well it will do at all. because if it ends on a cliff-hanger and it's a flop one wonders if the studio will greenlight a 2nd film and when will that be made? the kid who plays Jake does of course age in real life and he'll no doubt grow up as the film are being made. i just hope they don't recast him if the kid is any good. having said that i hope the film is good, actually unlike some people i love the film version of the Stand. i count it as one of the better film adapations of one of his books, but than i also love the film version of the dark half that a lot of people seem to hate to each their own in short. i wonder why the date change though? i'd love to at least see a trailer for this, i wonder if they have made one yet ?
    "The Stand" and "The Shining" on TV were fairly faithful adaptations, but fell way short in production values, etc. I, for one, have high hopes for this foray!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I choose to grab that...and tug the hell out of it.
    Hey, how you spend your time and energy is your business.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Not much of either, in that case. The years...they have not been kind.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

God I was really looking forward to February! Now what am I gonna do with my time till bloody next summer.....? Maybe I'll grab that and tug the hell out of it!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    LMAO.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be there opening night.. whenever it is... and in IMAX DBox seats. NOT only that... I will buy a overpriced tasty Combo #1! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I will be there opening night.. whenever it is... and in IMAX DBox seats. NOT only that... I will buy a overpriced tasty Combo #1! lol
    As long as you're not grabbing or tugging anything while you're there. There's enough of that going on in this thread...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    As long as you're not grabbing or tugging anything while you're there. There's enough of that going on in this thread...
    lol. Deal haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My overpriced combo number one comes with whiskey.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My overpriced combo number one comes with whiskey.
    Lush!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    "Canadian" whiskey I assume? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wondering if the CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO book release was postponed because of the movie release being delayed?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was delayed? Looked at the S&S site:

List Price $14.99
    Ships on or around November 22, 2016

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know this wasn't asked, but got an email from Amazon today that The Making of the Dark Tower: The Art of the Film was delayed. I think that makes sense though, since they probably want to include some post production related stuff that's still in flight.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Wallace, Daniel "The Making of the Dark Tower: The Art of the Film"
    Estimated arrival date: June 13, 2017
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I know this wasn't asked, but got an email from Amazon today that The Making of the Dark Tower: The Art of the Film was delayed. I think that makes sense though, since they probably want to include some post production related stuff that's still in flight.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Wallace, Daniel "The Making of the Dark Tower: The Art of the Film"
    Estimated arrival date: June 13, 2017
    6/13/2017?

6+13=19
    2+0+17=19

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kathryn Winnick, who has been cast in the movie, retweeted this link to an interview she did recently. Lots of tidbits about who she might play.

http://www.showbizjunkies.com/movies...ick-character/

The rumour has been she is playing Jakes mom, but in the interview she said most of her scenes are with MM/MIB which wouldn't jive with that role.

She also said her character is completely different from her role as Lagertha in Vikings.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The only major female character in the script is Allie. I'd guess she played her.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Kathryn Winnick, who has been cast in the movie, retweeted this link to an interview she did recently. Lots of tidbits about who she might play.

http://www.showbizjunkies.com/movies...ick-character/

The rumour has been she is playing Jakes mom, but in the interview she said most of her scenes are with MM/MIB which wouldn't jive with that role.

She also said her character is completely different from her role as Lagertha in Vikings.

I think it's important to point out once again that the film is presumably based on the 20th loop. So, just about anything can happen to a large degree. Some scenes and roles from the books will be represented and some not according to the re-imagined script. As their "AD" campaign initially indicated this time, Roland has the horn.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    "The Stand" and "The Shining" on TV were fairly faithful adaptations, but fell way short in production values, etc. I, for one, have high hopes for this foray!!!

As to The Stand I suspect too may resources were spent on a particular star. Good Golly Miss...
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there no more UK version of Charlie the Choo Choo?
    The amazon page for it (previously : https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1471163776 ) do not exist anymore.

It still is (temporary) sort of available through the cache from google..
    https://www.google.fr/search?q=googl...N%2F1471163776

Weirdly enough the product (via its ISBN) is still available from amazon.com :
    https://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Choo-.../dp/1471163776
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Win or lose, I stand by my prediction that Winnick is going to play a twinner.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Is there no more UK version of Charlie the Choo Choo?
    The amazon page for it (previously : https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1471163776 ) do not exist anymore.

It still is (temporary) sort of available through the cache from google..
    https://www.google.fr/search?q=googl...N%2F1471163776

Weirdly enough the product (via its ISBN) is still available from amazon.com :
    https://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Choo-.../dp/1471163776
    Yeah... i saw that too...
    Strange thing about amazon uk is that us version is also unavailable
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 254 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... LastLast