Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 254 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i am also hoping for the best. i also realize this isn't the "Lord of the rings" trilogy in which the books i've actually never read. i'm just going by how much i love those films. & how fans who love the books also love the films. & have said that some of the changes were for the better.

i also agree that when it comes to "DT" if they change certain things, depending on what it is i can live with that as long as it's written well. for example i don't think we need to see "Eddie" he he nekid at "The Leaning Tower" when he's fighting with "Balazarr" for example, but you are right though,

"DT" is not like other 'King" stories where it can sometimes make the story better. but on how much information is in the series per book & how it's desribed i wonder how they are going to pull it off? some stuff ok i can see on they will do. but i can't wait until they do say the city of "Lud" or when "Roland" enters "Eddie's" mind & so on. in short i'm excited to see it on actual film.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i also agree that when it comes to "DT" if they change certain things, depending on what it is i can live with that as long as it's written well. for example i don't think we need to see "Eddie" he he nekid at "The Leaning Tower" when he's fighting with "Balazarr" for example, but you are right though,
    But that was a big part of who Eddie was and is. Him in a full blown gun fight naked.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i know that. but i'm talking about if they put that either in the 1st film they are doing or the min-series they are going to do. they can get away with it more in the theatre's than on tv. actually i forgot why he was naked in the 1st place! he he

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

i know that. but i'm talking about if they put that either in the 1st film they are doing or the min-series they are going to do. they can get away with it more in the theatre's than on tv. actually i forgot why he was naked in the 1st place! he he
    Don't worry so did I I think they did a strip search

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Don't worry so did I I think they did a strip search
    If I recall correctly, hadn't they captured him and were torturing him for info?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not necessarily 'captured' him. But, I think it was jack andolini and george biondi picked him up and they once at Balthazars they strip searched him to find the cocaine. They were being rough but not torturing him.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

Well, the whole arm almost up to the elbow up his bum looking for the coke could be considered torture. lol

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Well, the whole arm almost up to the elbow up his bum looking for the coke could be considered torture. lol
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I guess I can't argue that fact. Haha
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Traveler Barlowe is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think the whole naked gunfighting scene is one of the least worrisome bits about making a DT movie series :p

Besides, I don't doubt filmmakers would be able to make that scene quite well without actually showing his junk. There'd probably be more outrages at the depictions of Eddie's addiction (and subsequent withdrawal), and Detta's addiction and mannerisms overall.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondering how they will show Susannah "distracting" the demon, while Roland and Eddie rescue Jake.
    That was a part that kinda threw me as I was reading it. It seemed unnecessary at the time.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's like an entire sequence in Austin Powers where different objects conveniently prevent the camera from seeing full nudity. Don't we all know about that magic of the movies?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The thing that is racking my brain is the scene with the three "Kings." Will it be him as he looks now or will they do like they did in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges and make him look younger with cgi. Not to mention the whole reliving the accident that put him out of commission for a while. wondering what his take in all that would be like...Just think would he put himself in the same situation for film or will he get a double for it.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

It would be cool if they did a young stephen, a middle aged stephen and a present day stephen for the 3 kings . . . But that would probably go against the whole point of the scene, wouldn't it?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well 1stly yes i think it was torture to have someone's arm up your ass, but than if you ask Richard Simmon's he he i don't think he'd mind! he he

anyways, i was also wondering how "Suze" destracting the demon was going to happen. my guess is that they will just CGI it. but no matter how they do it, they can get away with that when it comes to it being an A List film. but as a tv mini-series on say "Syfy" if it ends up on that channel,

i mean, i dunno if they'd get away with it than. & as for "Oy" my guess that wll just be a CGI creature as well. they may use an actual dog for

filming but change it in pre-production? or whatever it's called what they do when filming is done. or just CGI it. & instruct the actors to pretend he's there kinda how like in the "Chipmunks" film 'Jason Lee" was talking to tape on the floor when he was talking to the chipmunks.

this is i think one series that CAN benefit from using CGI, unlike most films that kind of ruin it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    The thing that is racking my brain is the scene with the three "Kings." Will it be him as he looks now or will they do like they did in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges and make him look younger with cgi. Not to mention the whole reliving the accident that put him out of commission for a while. wondering what his take in all that would be like...Just think would he put himself in the same situation for film or will he get a double for it.
    LOL Thats a good point. However, as much as I love King's writing, as an actor ummm, not so much!!!!! (Although he was great on a recent SOA) Hopefully, they can get a real actor to play his part, which is fairly substantial as far as scenes, and sort of "Gollum" his face in!!!!!

We shall see though!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, since this isn't a book thread, spoilers ahead for The Waste Lands, Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower.

Spoiler:
    The demon itself was invisible (although Suze saw glimspes of it). The rudest bit would be seeing a woman effectively having air sex. They needn't show all the movements though. There's a lot of other things going on in that scene with Eddie Jake and Roland. They only need to show the odd glimpse here and there of Suze grappling an unseen force with nothing explicit. Or they could use a different kind of bait entirely.

As for stuff depicting the rescuing of Stephen King, I was thinking that if they went for a 'next loop' scenareo, they could leave that out. It was stated that there were no do overs with the keystone world. I'm not sure that includes when being sent back by the Tower*, but I like the idea that each loop intersects with particular areas of history in the Keystone world. So for example, in a previous loop, maybe Eddie saved a young Stephen King from red spiders. There might even be an earlier loop where the Ka-tet post a certain note to Calvin Tower's ancestor...

The loop of the current books intersects with keystone world in the 70s and 90s. Maybe the film and TV loop intersects with the noughties? I.e. after Stephen King has written the books? Since these are films the authorship stuff wouldn't really apply (unless they took it to the film equivalent which I think would be a bit lame and could have viewers exclaiming 'Blazing Saddles!"). All the saving of the Tower could revolve around protecting the Beams from the breakers and the rose as far as our world is concerned. Maybe it would even feature the Hammerskold Tower or whatever it's called, building and their, tet? I don't think that would be a bad route to take.

*Being the hub of time and space I'd think it wouldn't necessarily apply. If you're there you can literally be sent anywhere, cos in a sense the Tower being the pinacle of size is everywhere!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

like i said he's a decent actor. from the little acting he's done. & to be honest there ARE worst actors than him out there. & they are more famous than he is. well acting wise anyways. but to be fair i think if he ends up doing a role like in the "DT" films it would prolly be his BIGGEST role he ever had in anything he ever did. so my guess is he should take acting lessons perhaps? i dunno

i'd love it if someone asked him about it to be honest, what they plan on doing

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Okay, since this isn't a book thread, spoilers ahead for The Waste Lands, Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower.

Spoiler:
    The demon itself was invisible (although Suze saw glimspes of it). The rudest bit would be seeing a woman effectively having air sex. They needn't show all the movements though. There's a lot of other things going on in that scene with Eddie Jake and Roland. They only need to show the odd glimpse here and there of Suze grappling an unseen force with nothing explicit. Or they could use a different kind of bait entirely.

As for stuff depicting the rescuing of Stephen King, I was thinking that if they went for a 'next loop' scenareo, they could leave that out. It was stated that there were no do overs with the keystone world. I'm not sure that includes when being sent back by the Tower*, but I like the idea that each loop intersects with particular areas of history in the Keystone world. So for example, in a previous loop, maybe Eddie saved a young Stephen King from red spiders. There might even be an earlier loop where the Ka-tet post a certain note to Calvin Tower's ancestor...

The loop of the current books intersects with keystone world in the 70s and 90s. Maybe the film and TV loop intersects with the noughties? I.e. after Stephen King has written the books? Since these are films the authorship stuff wouldn't really apply (unless they took it to the film equivalent which I think would be a bit lame and could have viewers exclaiming 'Blazing Saddles!"). All the saving of the Tower could revolve around protecting the Beams from the breakers and the rose as far as our world is concerned. Maybe it would even feature the Hammerskold Tower or whatever it's called, building and their, tet? I don't think that would be a bad route to take.

*Being the hub of time and space I'd think it wouldn't necessarily apply. If you're there you can literally be sent anywhere, cos in a sense the Tower being the pinacle of size is everywhere!
    You make some very good points!!!! If they do the "20th Loop" kinda thing then the sky is the limit, sort of. I see your point though it would give them a lot of freedom with regard to the transition from literature to film.

That's why the more I think about it the more I like the idea of them giving Roland the Horn in the begining. It would be a nod to the reading fandom, allow for "adaption" changes and still leave a feeling of anticiapation for ALL. Reader's and Non-Readers alike. Perhaps most of all it would preserve the integrity of the original book series!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barlowe View Post

Besides, I don't doubt filmmakers would be able to make that scene quite well without actually showing his junk. .
    Viggo Mortensen did a whole fight scene naked in Eastern Promises, and it was honestly pretty badass. He kicked the crap out of those guys.
    Time is a face on the water.

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

The last thing I want to see if they actually do go with the 20th loop with the Horn and all is a crappy Hollywood ending. I can just picture that ridiculous thing that that guy posted in some other thread, the one who's going to Misery King's ass if he doesn't change the ending or whatever he said lol, being close to what we end up getting to see.

I'd rather see Roland end up at McD's at the end then to see him smiling and hugging Susan Delgado. Give me Roland shouting out all the names, laying down the gun, stepping in, huge flash of white and then flashback to young Patrick drawing a picture of it and credits. That's about as happy as an ending as I'd want.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. (And, BTW, I like your way of expressing it. lol) On the other hand, a contrived totally unhappy, horrorshow ending would be nearly as disappointing as a contrived sappy, sugary one.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...like in The Mist...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you guys - it should not be either a cliche happy ending, or an unhappy one - it should definitely be something of a 'non-ending', something that's open to interpretation.
    However, AFAIK this is usually done in movies where sequels are planned or possible, with cliffhangers being totally appropriate there. I'm not so sure it will be received well by the general public in the case of TDT, without any prospect of a sequel (knock on wood - A TDT sequel - THAT would be nightmarish).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower Strikes Back!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 254 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast