Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 254 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Roland, to be honest, speaks the "Midworld" or "Gilead" speak. Who's to say what the "accent" is? Aren't we being just a little nit-picky here?

Just saying.................................

Agreed...that being said has anyone listened to the audio books? Did they give him a distinct voice in that? I honestly was BIG against not wanting bardem at first, but the more i think about it and as i said before after starting to re-read the series i actually don't mind it now at all. I looked at some different pictures of him online also and it seems to fit a bit better to me. Just my opinion though...

Blued the eyes up a bit just too see lol

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

am i nit-pickying i honestly dunno? i've been also listening to audio book of 'Wizard & Glass" & no to my best of knowledge he doesn't have an accent.

actually i am curious if "SK" pictured him with a spanish accent that is a good point. he's never come right out & said it in any interview to my best of knowledge. to be fair on the nit picking comment. i think it can be pretty much said that everyone here has pictured "Roland" Or any other character differently so i think it's fair to say that we all want them to cast right. i do recall when the 1st "Spider-Man" film came out

their choice to play "peter parker" i thought what the fuck are they smoking? than i saw the film at some point. & he was good in the role. but i

think it's a little different when it comes to the "DT" series. at least for me it is. so i guess i am a bit picky on who's cast. but there's no doubt i'm

NOT the only one here who is picky on who IS cast. IF "Bardem" does get cast & he does a great job. than you will see me on this most likely admit i was wrong. i'm not afraid or ashamed to admit when i'm wrong. i have no problem with that. IF i find out i'm wrong i mean. on the other hand IF i truly believe i am right much like anyone else i stick to my belief. on that i am picky. also if this all sounds like i took this all to personal i honestly

didn't. you just gave me a good thought & hopefully a good post as well.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing with Tobey in Spider-Man, then i was like damn he's perfect once i watched the first film. Now i'm mad they switched him with Garfield although I'm sure he'll be ok depending on the script.

When your a fan it's alot harder than if your someone who hasn't read the books or comics. Newb's can just go in and be like "awesome" or "that sucks", whereas true fans have their own vision from reading the material over a period of years. I'll be totally fine with Bardem if he actually takes it, this is coming from someone that was screaming Bale or Viggo for the past 3 months lol.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i've been a fan of "Tobey McGuire" since he did one of my favorite films 'Pleasantville" & since he was a gawky skinng goofy looking guy. which he kinda is. i didn't see him as "Peter Parker" that time i was wrong. & like you said people who read the comics do care. i read the comic's. actually.

anyways that's another question i'd love to ask Sai SK how he pictured Roland" i know what inspired him & all that. we all know that. but voice wise i mean.

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Roland, to be honest, speaks the "Midworld" or "Gilead" speak. Who's to say what the "accent" is? Aren't we being just a little nit-picky here?

Just saying.................................

Agreed...that being said has anyone listened to the audio books? Did they give him a distinct voice in that? I honestly was BIG against not wanting bardem at first, but the more i think about it and as i said before after starting to re-read the series i actually don't mind it now at all. I looked at some different pictures of him online also and it seems to fit a bit better to me. Just my opinion though...

Blued the eyes up a bit just too see lol
    That's pretty cool, dude. Is it just me or do the blue eyes suit him? I thought they might look horribly out of place on his tan face and I was mentally resigned to (and happy with) seeing a dark-eyed Roland. But he looks cool in 'em, I think.
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, i wanted to do a bigger picture but doing it small i thought put up just enough of the blue in without being to much. If i didn't suck with photoshop i would've put a cowboy hat on him lol.

Nice call on pleasantville i totally forgot about that great movie, Cider House Rules was my fav Tobey film...i better stop before i turn this into the Tobey thread lol

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hehe i agree that also is a great movie & so is 'Seabiscuit" i'm not much for horse films but that one i did enjoy. anyways back on topic thanxs for the nice compliment Sai.

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

I think he at least looks like Roland. The man can certainly act. I am a bit leary about the Spanish accent as well. It could be a helluva lot worse. They could have gone with Ben Afleck. LOL!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Is A Pain View Post
    I think he at least looks like Roland. The man can certainly act. I am a bit leary about the Spanish accent as well. It could be a helluva lot worse. They could have gone with Ben Afleck. LOL!
    hear hear!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if they will use some of the "regular" actors that have been used in other King adaptations . . . If it was 10 years ago, I could definitely see William Sadler being cast as Tian Jaffords.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The idea of Bardem as Roland is growing on me more and more each day.

As for Eddie, Ryan Reynolds is an epic shout. I watched Buried last night and I just saw Eddie Dean. The tension, the seriousness of his acting, and the sarcastic remarks were just all perfect for Eddie. I will admit though, after watching The Stand miniseries I've always pictured the guy who played Larry as Eddie.
    "Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!" - Lion-O, noble Lord of the Thundercats

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the fence about Bardem. He doesn't look the part imo. Then again I was wrong about the aforementioned Tobey Maguire as Spiderman. I also balked at Rob Lowe being cast for The Stand and he turned out to be absolutely perfect. As long as they don't do a CGI Oy with Gilbert Gottfried's voice I'll learn to accept everything else.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Howard will decide to give Roland an accent of some sort ? If I remember correctly, it was implied that Roland's dialect is slightly different than the English the Tet speaks, not to mention the High Speech.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I wonder if Howard will decide to give Roland an accent of some sort ? If I remember correctly, it was implied that Roland's dialect is slightly different than the English the Tet speaks, not to mention the High Speech.
    Yeah. He had better. Or I will be !!!

ETA -- Any word yet on whether Bardem really is on-board?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Yeah. He had better. Or I will be !!!

ETA -- Any word yet on whether Bardem really is on-board?
    No confirmation yet that I am aware of, so far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I can't picture Bardem as Roland. He can't even speak proper English. I mean, that's fine, mine isn't perfect either and I've lived in Canada since early '99. No ammount of lessons and hard work will prepare him for Roland's role. I hope he takes that part in the new Bond movie as a villain.

How do you know this? Plenty of actors learn accents. They even have accent coaches that specialize in it.

Ever watch House? Hugh Laurie has a British accent in real life, yet in the show, he does a perfect northern Midwest American accent. There's even a story about him auditioning for the part and one of the the producers not even knowing he was British. http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...h-laurie_x.htm

Traveler Karpou is on a distinguished road Karpou's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The fact that he can not speak English well is not a problem. I remember when I read the books that Roland had a problem with certain words. So the accent fits pretty well. This is my opinion ...

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Why is there no news!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Karpou View Post
    The fact that he can not speak English well is not a problem. I remember when I read the books that Roland had a problem with certain words. So the accent fits pretty well. This is my opinion ...
    I think the accent fits pretty well because in the book "Wizard and Glass" Roland, Cuthbert and Alain are sent away to Mejis by Roland's father. In my opinion, Mejis sounds a lot like our present day Mexico. In Mejis some of the native people speak a language called "crunk" During the time that the young gunslingers spend there, they pick up the language of the people of Mejis.

The gunslingers say things like "aye" , "nay", "the" and "thou" It is possible that the young gunslingers pick up the accent of Mejis as well. Roland even stated that the tongue of Mejis will never leave them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpou View Post
    I think the accent fits pretty well because in the book "Wizard and Glass" Roland, Cuthbert and Alain are sent away to Mejis by Roland's father. In my opinion, Mejis sounds a lot like our present day Mexico. In Mejis some of the native people speak a language called "crunk" During the time that the young gunslingers spend there, they pick up the language of the people of Mejis.

The gunslingers say things like "aye" , "nay", "the" and "thou" It is possible that the young gunslingers pick up the accent of Mejis as well. Roland even stated that the tongue of Mejis will never leave them.
    Well Said, Pixie!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

has there been anymore news as of late? we haven't heard a damn thing for ages it feels like.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the impression that there were two classes of people in Mejis with two different dialects. There were the hispanic types, like those mentioned, and then there were those who featured most in the story (Susan Delgagdo, Aunt Cordelia, the Mayor, his sister, etc) who seemed to be based more on Scots or Irish. (Those were the ones who use the 'ayes' etc.) That's the crowd I'd imagine Roland and co were most influenced by.

Not that I'm knocking the actor. If he is cast, we'll see what he comes up with.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am STILL harboring hopes that this doesn't happen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only way this wouldn't happen at this point is if Howard, Goldman, and that other homeboy all met their untimely deaths sometime within the next 2 years. Or if The Dark Tower series is somehow Men In Black'd from our collective memories.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am cool with either scenario. The latter only if y'all still remember the series, but just put aside all these silly thoughts of them going onto a screen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 254 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast