Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 254 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The TV series will most likely only be backstory.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They will need to give Bardem some contacts.

Traveler Jambino is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The TV series will most likely only be backstory.
    What amounts to 6 novels crammed into 3 movies... I hope not.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i believe "Ron Howard" said it was going to be a mini-series not a tv show. i realize that in the UK that means something different. but here in the US it means a long ass movie.
    They said the first series will be a mini series. I believe 6 episodes were mentioned. So I doubt that would be cancelled. (You're right about the difference in definitions over here though. That would constitute a full series in the UK!) Depending on how well that goes, I suppose they might deal with the second series accordingly. I believe they're planning a full 13 episodes for that, but I guess if ratings were bad for the first series (and even the first two films) they could shorten it accordingly.

I'd imagine that since the second series will primarily be backstory stuff, it wouldn't matter too much if some stuff is cut out from the perspective of those who only see the films. The mini series though... I'm not so sure, that being present day stuff, as far as we know, so far anyway.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I agree. (And, BTW, I like your way of expressing it. lol) On the other hand, a contrived totally unhappy, horrorshow ending would be nearly as disappointing as a contrived sappy, sugary one.
    Spoiler:
    The others never go on to some other New York...instead Roland guns them all down just for the hell of it and then shoots himself?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May not have to worry about Bardem and his brown eyes, it was posted earlier tonight that he was offered a role in the new Bond flick. Considering he's a new father, is winning awards and is in high demand....and the DT will take up alot of his time i'm thinking he may not take the role. I guess alot of it would also depend on if they do need the principal actors/actress's for the tv series also. I'm wondering how much Mr. Howard will really be involved being as there is an Arrested Development movie in the works (and has been forever). I'd be happy with Bale who was also mentioned recently for Roland (would make a mean Eddie Dean too), i don't think Viggo would take the role after LOTR. All these casting rumors make my head spin, but in a happy way lol.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i just read that tonite too on "IMDB" news that he was offered the role of the new vilian? i didn't really read all of the article cause i could care less about "James Bond" that's a series that SHOULD have ended YEARS AGO! yes i enjoy those films but the way people obess about them well that's my point.

anyways, "Viggo" had a good time i believe filming the "Lord of the ring's' films but that is a good point, would he even want to do another long ass serial? he's older now than he was when he did those films. so who knows? there's really just 2 films coming out that i am DYING to see

the 1st is "Dark Shadows" which i name 1st cause it comes out next year. & of course the 1st "DT" movie.

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the latest casting rumors are true, I for one am completely psyched about Bardem and have been from the beginning. I've always maintained that a strong actor is what is most important for a character to come to be memorable, not physical appearance (which is almost irrelevant as far as I'm concerned). In fact, I actually suggested Denzel Washington somewhere else on this forum, although I admit that he might not have gone down too well with the fans.
    Javier Bardem has the gravitas to pull off a character like Roland. Bottom line for me, if I see Roland on screen, I want to be scared of him and made to believe that this guy wouldn't think twice about chopping my nuts off if I tried to stand in his way. The rest is up to the direction and screenplay to actually give us such scenes and build-up. I also sincerely hope they use James Horner for the musical score. The soundtrack to A Beautiful Mind was unbelievable.

On a side note, what do you guys think of Andrew Garfield as Eddie Dean? And I'm not suggesting him because he's the new hot thing either. The kid's a very good actor; and I think it's important to show the age difference between Eddie and Roland. Imagine Javier getting on his knees and crying pardon from Andrew Garfield. That would make me as uncomfortable as Eddie gets. Eddie has to look like a skinny, punk kid when we first meet him and then can mature and bulk up as we go along. James Franco would also be an acceptable choice for me.
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Country
    Country Flag

Not quite sold on Garfield yet. He is a good actor but i would take Franco over him in a heartbeat. I also don't think he would take it as he's in with Spider-Man reboot franchise considering the time needed for Eddie Dean....

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

You know the more I think about it and the more I see of Javier Bardem, I believe he is perfect to play Roland.

I especially loved his performance in "No Country for Old Men" In that movie he was one bad ass mother fucker! He proves that he can handle playing a character as cold and tough as nails as Roland. Roland is one scary dude, and Javier Bardem is one scary dude also! His voice chills me to the bone!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My pick for Eddie Dean

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

My pick for Eddie Dean
    Good Call!!! I could see that!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I was gonna say Casey Affleck but damn...looking at that pic of Ryan Reynolds yeah i can totally see him as Eddie Dean. Pretty sure Green Lantern will tank so he should be freed up lol, good call on Reynolds!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    I was gonna say Casey Affleck but damn...looking at that pic of Ryan Reynolds yeah i can totally see him as Eddie Dean. Pretty sure Green Lantern will tank so he should be freed up lol, good call on Reynolds!
    For some reason, that pic reminds me of the role he played in "Smokin' Ace's" which had an "Eddie" feel to it that I recall thinking about it now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes "Bardem" was good in 'No country for old men' but damn was that a shitty movie. i was dam near cantonic in the theatre from boredom. THANK GOD i only spent $3 bucks on it! it was a cheap theatre. i was VERY CLOSE to go & demand my money back. but unfortunally it was just to late after the film ended.

& yes "Ryan Reynolds" i can see as "Eddie"

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No Country For Old Men was a shitty movie....okayyyyyyy

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked No Country for old men.

Though i can not see Eddie in Ryan Renolds or maybe its just cause I have a honest to god dislike for him.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i can tell you 3 people who didn't like it. both my rents they fell asleep on it. & one of them gave up on it. the other watched the rest of it & was pissed they spent money to rent it. & had to pay an over due charge on such a shitty film. they even asked me what the film even meant? i said i have no clue. i gave them a guesss from what i read on the IMDB boards. so that was my guess.

a friend of my family's even thought it was total garbage. josh brolin is i'm told shot off screen but i didn't know that until i asked online. i'm sorry it bored the hell out of me. anyways, no offense to those who liked it. i just don't think it deserved winning best picture of the year.

i also thought 'Crash" wasn't as good as they said it was. it was a decent film . but a film i'd only see only once. now "Million Dollar Baby" that one i liked. & was thrilled that it won all those awards. sorry for going off topic a bit.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't see how a movie with such great acting and directing and such a great plot with such great characters you can consider a shitty movie. Say you didn't like it, fine. Everyone has tastes. I just kind of dislike when people call a movie shitty because they didn't care for it, disregarding all the talent and craftsmanship involved. Like someone told me they though Inception was one of the worst movies they'd ever seen...I can't even begin to know how someone could justify that statement. If the movie has terrible script, unoriginal, corny acting and has nothing interesting to say; it's a shitty movie. If you thought it was boring, that's subjective.

I think Reynolds would make a great Eddie Dean after watching Buried. He's defniitely the ability to be dramatic and we all know he can be charming and funny which is a huge aspect to who Eddie Dean was. As long as Reynolds can do a New York accent I'm sold.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i never said it wasn't well made. nor did i say the acting was bad. cause the acting was good & it was well made. but i have this little system when it comes to movies. i created it about 10 or so years ago.

it goes like this. 'CLASSIC" which is my way of saying it's a great movie."Decent' which is kinda like this movie i watched on "Syfy" channel the other nite a B movie. i forget the name of at the moment. the plot was unoriginal & the acting was horrible. but it would have been a better film had the acting been better.

or "TERRIBLE" & if that doesn't suit it i call it "Shitty" i've talked in real life & by that i just mean away from the puter. i have talked to fans who love the film online. there's no doubt about that. iv'e only met one guy who loved the film. the rest agree with me. a

another film i call shitty cause i was bored out of my fucking mind. is "The Blair Witch Project" it was an original idea & the acting was decent.

& it was i mean IS amazing how big of a hit that a film that a group of nobody's made all that money on. but i didn't see it in the theatre. & in the theatre i actually can see how it may have scared people. my brother went & saw it 3 times. well back in (1999) when the dvd came out i bought it the day it came out. it didn't scare me at all. i love horror films. & all i got was a headach from all the camera shaking. "NYPD Blue" is a little like that as well but at least the writing is good. i have since got rid of my dvd of "Blair Witch Project"

& yes you are right everyone's tastes are different. i didn't much care for "Fargo" either but it is a decent film that's so odd & out there that i have watched it quite a few times. i love "Raising Arizona" which is my favorite film by those guys. that one the "Coehn bros" did after "No country for old men" was a decent film. even if brad pitt in it was freaking AWFUL in it. & so was "George Clooney" & that one surprise moment in it which i won't ruin it i laughed my ass off in the theatre. kinda like how in that one scene in 'Pulp Fiction' John Travolta is talking to someone & something happens.

i laughed my ass on that as well. not cause it normally would be funny but cause on the happened. & cause in real life that would have actually happend. "No Country for old men' really for me had somewhat of a story. but didn't give enough answers, like for those who haven't read the book
    what happend to Josh Brolin ? i had to go online on the IMDB boards to find out. it didn't show it at all. i didn't get the ending at all.

the film was slow as a snail's pace. storywise. i got that "Bardem" pretty much killed whoever he saw. that i got. but that's about it. it never said anything about who killed all those people in the start of the film. it left too much out of the story. the Cohen bros. are way over-rated.

kinda how like "Spielberg" is also overrated but he's still a damn good writer & director. & has done a LOT of good movies. but he's done his fair share of bad ones as well. i can't get through ANY of "Larry Mcmurty's Movies cause they move so goddamn slow. i've tried to watch

"The last picture show' which was well made & well acted. but the film moves also at a snail's pace. i've tried to watch that film prolly about 50 or 60 times. & each time i watch it i get bored with it. i can't finish it. 'Brokedick Mountain" as i call it was a decent movie & the ONLY reason it got all those awards was cause it was a gay cowboy story. that was well made & well acted. that was a decent movie. but that's also over-rated.

my rents watched "The Hurt Locker' & thought it was terrible as well. i haven't seen it so i can't comment on that one. that film got famous cause of it's content as well. that's why a LOT of these movies get all these awards cause the content is what makes them hits. people get curious on what all the fuss is about. "Apt Pupil" is an original idea but a shitty movie. another original idea was 'House of 1000 corpses" the 1st one was sooo bad i fast forwarded through about half the film just so it would freaking END! but i loved the 2nd one.

in short people may agree with me or disagree i'm not here to start a fight. that's NOT what i want actually. i'm just stating my case that's all.
    there are films that have been HUGE hits through the years that i have seen that i don't get why they were hits at all.
    citzen kane' is a film that bores the hell out of me as well. i don't get why it was SUCH a big hit as well. i even haven't been able to sit through the entire thing cuz it was so bad. i had to shut the damn thing off.

a well made & a well acted film as well. "The Birds" was a film that i have on dvd i love "Hitch" but it was a shitty movie cause it is an EXTREMLY SLOW film even for "Hitch" people love it cause that's something that COULD happen someday. anyways sorry again about my ramblings here. it's just my way of trying to prove a point that this is just my opinion that's all.

& as for the "DT" films? i honestly have no idea about casting, someone on i think the IMDB boards mentioned "John Malcovich" & sorry about spelling for i think "Jonas" & i think that would be a great cast addition. i also think "Clint Eastwood" SHOULD do well act/direct 'Wizard & Glass" as well. i'd love to see him do that. since he was the inspiration really for "Roland' i'd LOVE to see him play a part in the flashback story.

i dunno who he'd play though? maybe "The Good Man" ?

Traveler koz is on a distinguished road

Jared Leto would be great for Eddie. He was a great junkie in Lord of War.

Malkovich as Jonas would be cool. (actually if Val Kilmer lost some weight and got a tan, wouldn't do too bad as Jonas either)

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

As I read the books I pictured Skeet Ulrich as Eddie, but I think he and Jared Leto are both to old to play the role anymore.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

King is happy with Javier Bardem as Roland. From SKMB Mod:

"Sorry, but he's quite happy with the choice. In fact, when I spoke with him this morning he told me when he thinks of Javier Bardem, he sees Roland."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Bardem will bring to this project the wide recognition it deserves. Maybe even come Oscars!

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

Ryan Reynolds as Eddie? That would mean that there would be a scene where Eddie takes off his shirt and works on his tan during his time on the Western Sea and that's not something I want to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 254 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast