Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Book Collection: king-collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's the one I downloaded.

John

Along the Path of the Beam king-collection is on a distinguished road

Default German Bertelsmann Club Book Editions

Now, i will introduce some normal editions of my collection....
    Bertelsmann is the biggest Book Club in Germany, and in the Bertelsmann Book Club Collectiion you will find almost all Stephen King Books...

In the 80s Bertelsmann started with a Blue Series (blue edition) from King Books, that means all the cover of King books were blue, but at the end of the 90s they changed the cover to other colours and now cover of the books are dark... If there are some special issues, then i will write that to the pics...

1. Big and small edition of Schwarz (The Gunslinger), Drei (Drawing of the Three) and Tot (Waste Lands). At first in the 80s Bertelsmann publish the 3 books in the same dimension like the us ones... and after wizard and glass was published in a small dimension in Germany, they issue 3 small ones so that all 4 books has the same dimension. All 6 Books are still shrinkwrapped

2. Desperation, Regulators and Brennen muss Salem (Salems Lot), this Edition of Salems Lot is the revised edition from 1995. All 3 Books are still shrink wrapped

3. Stephen King Film Buch (Stephen King film book), Schlaflos (Insomnia) and the Buick. All 3 Books are still shrink wrapped

4. Tagebuch von Eleanor Druse, Duddits-Dreamcatcher and Das Mädchen (The Girl who loved Tom Gordon), Eleanor Druse is a soft cover edition with a slipcase. All 3 Books are still shrink wrapped

5. Im Kabinett des Todes (Everythings Eventual), Sara (Bag of Bones), Das Bild (Rose Madder). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

6. Wolfsmond (Wolves of the Calla), Susannah (Song of Susannah) and Der Turm (The Dark Tower). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

7. Love (Lisey's Story), Das Schwarze Haus (Black House) and Puls (Cell). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

8. Bertelmann published 5 Books in the Bertelsmann Horror Collection from differend Autors, the special thing here was that the cover were handmade. They published 5 books from King: Christine (only HC edition with dj), Feuerkind (Firestarter), Brennen muss Salem (Salems Lot), Shining and Cujo. Only Cujo, Salems Lot and Firestarter are still shrinkwrapped

9. Nachts (includes 2 Stories from Four past Midnight), The Stand and Das Spiel (Geralds Game). In Germany Four past Midnight was publishes as 2 HC Edition one named Nachts and the other named Langoliers. Both books includes 2 stories form four past midnight. The Stand is the uncut edition from 1990. All 3 books have the same dimension like the big edition of gunslinger see 1st pic. All 3 books are still shrink wrapped

10. Langoliers (includes 2 stories from Four past midnight), ES (IT) and Sie (Misery). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

11. Nachtschicht (Night Shift), Das Attentat (Dead Zone) and Dolores Clairborne. All 3 books are still shrinkwrapped

12. Carrie, Die Augen des Drachen (Eyes of the Dragon) and Friedhof der Kuscheltiere (Pet Semetary)

13. Gesang der Toten (stories from Skeleton Crew), Im Morgengrauen (stories from Skeleton Crew) and Frühling, Sommer, Herbst und Tod (different seasons). These 3 Books are the only HC Editions. Bertelsmann split Skeleton in 2 HC Editions, so that you will find a part of the stories from Skeleton Crew in Im Morgengrauen and the other part at Gesang der Toten. All 3 books are still shrinkwrapped

14. Das Monstrum (Tommyknockers), In einer kleinen Stadt (Needful Things) and Stark (The Dark Half). All 3 books are still shrink wrapped

15. Das letzte Gefecht (The Stand, cut version from the 80s), Glas (Wizard and Glass), Alpträume (Nightmares & Dreamscapes). All 3 books are still shrinkwrapped.

16. Atlantis (Hearts of Atlantis), The Green Mile and Der Sturm des Jahrhunderts (Storm of the Century). Green Mile is the only HC Edition with dj. All 3 Editions are still shrinkwrapped

17. Brennen muss Salem (Salems Lot), Wahn (Duma Key) and Sunset (Just after the Sunset). Salems Lot is not from Bertelsmann. Its the deluxe Edition in leather bound with Illustrations which was issued in 2006.

if i have time, tomorrow i will post more pics of other book club editions and first editions...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by king-collection View Post
    if i have time, tomorrow i will post more pics of other book club editions and first editions...

Please do!
    But...get rid of the shrinkwrap first, maybe??

sk

Default Deutscher Bücherbund Book Club Editions

In Germany we have a lot of Book Clubs. Deutscher Bücherbund is another Book Club, which published some Stephen King Books. I like the Cover of the Bücherbund Editions....

1. Dead Zone, Das Monsturm (Tommyknockers) and Der Talisman. All 3 are still shrinkwrapped.

2. Feuerkind (Firestarter), ES (IT) and Brennen muss Salem (Salems Lot). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

3. Nachtschicht (Night Shift), Shining and Das letzte Gefecht (The Stand cut version). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

4. Schwarz (The Gunslinger), Drei ((Drawing of the three), Cujo and Friedhof der Kuscheltiere (Pet Semetary). Drei is the german 1st Edition, im not sure but think schwarz is also the 1st Edition. Cujo is rare to find and is popular by collectors.

Default 1st Editions from Hoffmann & Campe

Hoffmann & Campe published some Stephen King books, the cover of these books are boring, but they all are the 1st Editions and the english names of the books you will find also on the cover....

1. Tommyknockers, Talisman and Needful Things. Talisman is rare to find and is popular by collectors. Tommyknockerss and Needful things are still shrinkwrapped. Im looking for the shrink wrapped copy of talisman.

2. Pet Semetary, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Dolores Clairbourne and The Dark Half. All 4 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

Default 1st Editions from Hoffmann & Campe

Hoffmann & Campe published some Stephen King books, the cover of these books are boring, but they all are the 1st Editions and the english names of the books you will find also on the cover....

1. Tommyknockers, Talisman and Needful Things. Talisman is rare to find and is popular by collectors. Tommyknockerss and Needful things are still shrinkwrapped. Im looking for the shrink wrapped copy of talisman.

2. Pet Semetary, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Dolores Clairbourne and The Dark Half. All 4 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

rest will follow tomorrow...

@frik: i cant open the shrinwrap the books are so hard to find in this condition... therefore i leave them, for reading i have softcover copies

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a very impressive collection! I have very much enjoyed reading through this entire thread.

As far as the shrinkwrap issue, we've debated that more than once on this site. Personally I would remove the shrinkwrap. As long as you take good care of the books (like using Brodart covers on the dustjackets, etc.), I don't think the shrinkwrap adds any value. But again, that's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us. I look forward to seeing more!

Default 1st Edition from Heyne

1. Sara (Bag of Bones), Regulators and Desperation. All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

2. Das Schwarze Haus (Black House), Das Bild (Rose Madder) and Schlaflos (Insomnia). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

3. Glas (Wizard and Glass), Puls (Cell), Qual (Blaze) and Atlantis (Hearts in Atlanis). All 4 Books are still shrinkwrapped

Default Special Editions from different Publishers

At first i will introduce Lingen. Lingen issued some Books from King. The Special of this Editions is, that the books are a bit smaller then the normal size and they are without dusk jacket.

1. Feuerkind (Firestarter), Shining and Nachtschicht (Night Shift). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

2. Carrie, Cujo and The Stand. The Stand is from the publisher Bechtermünz. All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

Bechtermünz is antoher Publisher, who published some Books from King. Only 2 Books of King are with dusk jacket the other ones are without dj. Langoliers is the rares Bechtermünz edition.

1. Carrie (special Edition from Lübbe), Shining and Feuerkind (Firestarter). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

2. Schlaflos (Insomnia), Langoliers (incl. 2 Stories from Four past midnight) and Friedhof der Kuscheltiere (Pet Semetary). All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped

Lübbe published some 1st Editions from King. As you see in the pic above Carrie is not a 1st Edition, but it was a special edition from Lübbe, this book is the second rare HC Edition from Carrie in Germany. Now here are the rest of Lübbe.

1. Nachtschicht (Night Shift), Feuerkind (Firestarter) and Cujo, Shining. Firestarter and Cujo is a special edition which incl. 2 books from King in one. All 3 Books are still shrinkwrapped.

Ullstein published 3 1st Edition from King.
    1. Duddits-Dreamcatcher, Im Kabinett des Todes (Everythings Eventual) and the buick. All 3 books are still shrinkwrapped.

Weltbild published in the 80s or 90s only 3 Books from King. These 3 are Menschenjagd (Running Man), Der Fluch (Thinner) and Todesmarsch (The long walk). Up to last year these 3 Books are the only HC Editions...

In this pic you will find different publishers... They only published one book from King.

1. Stephen King - Das Wunder, das Böse und der Tod (a book about Stephen King by Burkhard Müller), Carrie (published by a newspaper, The Speed Queen both HC Editions, and Shining a special Weldbild edition which was published in cooparition with a newspaper

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So much wonderful stuff!
    In my country, the Netherlands, we mainly get oversized paperbacks.

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Extra info:
    The german hc Ullstein Der Buick-From a buick 8 is the World first. First selling day: 19. march in germany.

Default Cujo - Mysterious press

This Copy has No. 118 signed and limited edition

Country
    Country Flag

Love your Cujo limited, Ferdi.
    One of these days I'll get one.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3