Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 favorite sports teams

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Top 3 favorite sports teams

Go ahead, post your top three favorite sports teams. Let's discuss!

For me:

Hockey: Montreal Canadiens

Why?: They are my hometown team. In Québec Canada you are born and raised to love the Habs. Favorite current player: Cammalleri/Price

BasketBall: Los Angeles Lakers

Why?: I am drawn to the lakers because I am a big Kobe Bryant fan. I like that they always have a competitive team.

Soccer/Football: Chelsea FC

Why?: I started watching soccer during the NHL lockout (2004) and never looked back. I like Chelsea because when I started watching the game I loved Jose Mourinho's style. They have kept the same core intact since then (Terry, Lampard, Drogba). Lampard and Drogba are my favorite players.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Football/Soccer: The mighty "Derby County", were no-where near as good as we used to but still a great club with a fantastic support!

Football/Soccer: "Chesterfield", my grandad supported them and took me to quite a few games when i was little so i have a soft spot for them.

American Football: Tampa Bay, i stayed with some friends in Tampa a few years ago and ever since they have been my tam in the U.S

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is easy:

1) Colorado Avalanche

2) Colorado Avalanche

3) Colorado Avalanche

Hockey is the only sport I care about/watch, and 99.9% of the time only if the Avs are playing.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Daghain, you must be quite happy that they clinched a playoff spot then! We are hoping to do the same tonight against the Canes!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I am. Still, it would be nice if a) we didn't sell off all our good players every year and b) we didn't keep squeaking into a playoff spot by sheer luck. GRRR.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

The OKC Thunder!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

NFL: Denver Broncos
    NCAA: Texas Tech Red Raiders
    NBA: San Antonio Spurs
    MLB: Texas Rangers.

During the football season, I'm glad that NFL games are on Sun/Mon/Thur and College games are on Sat. If the Broncos and the Red Raiders lost on the same day, I would probably have an aneurism or something. I am so emotionally linked to the success or failure of those two teams that it can make or break my week. I like the Spurs, and the Rangers, but basketball/baseball is not all that important to me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Nascar: Jack Roush

NCAA: Washington Huskies
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ice Hockey - Belfast Giants
    Football - Dunfermline Athletic
    NFL - Green Bay Packers (just 'cos I liked their name)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

NFL: San Fran 49ers
    NFL: anyone who beats the Cowboys.
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I too am an ABD fan.....And I live in Lubbock, TX.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Mine is easy:

1) Colorado Avalanche

2) Colorado Avalanche

3) Colorado Avalanche

Hockey is the only sport I care about/watch, and 99.9% of the time only if the Avs are playing.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement!!!!! I love them. I watched back in the days of Sakic and Roy.

I also like the bulls cause I'm from Illinois and was in Chicago when they won their 1at championship and when they repeated the next year, I got to see the riots up close...it was crazy.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

In no order:

Atlanta Braves (I became a fan in the mid 80's when they defined "suck", there's a story there)

University of Alabama football (been a fan since I was a wee lass so I'm not a Saban come lately)

Pittsburgh Pirates (the skillet hats of 79 endeared me, shoot me)
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Atlanta Braves (MLB)

Clemson University (NCAA)

Carolina Panthers (NFL)

other less important teams/sports would be:

Carolina Hurricanes (NHL)

Anybody but the Lakers (NBA)

Kasey Kahne (NASCAR)

Chris Ferguson (POKER) haha

Phil Mickelson (PGA)

Rafael Nadal (Tennis/ATP)
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Hey you live pretty close by! Maybe sometime I go over there we can catch a beer.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Hey you live pretty close by! Maybe sometime I go over there we can catch a beer.
    Excellent, looking at your flag, I thought there was no chance that we were "close by". I'll put one on ice for ya.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Along the Path of the Beam Syncrosonix is on a distinguished road Syncrosonix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hockey: phoenix coyotes
    baseball: arizona diamondbacks
    baseball: california/anaheim/los angeles angels

Along the Path of the Beam Syncrosonix is on a distinguished road Syncrosonix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nice, one of my special ladyfriends lives in lubbock. that k-mart on the south side of town was used one night for some backseat action. how we didn't get caught by the police is beyond me.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Excellent, looking at your flag, I thought there was no chance that we were "close by". I'll put one on ice for ya.
    I change my flag every once in a while depending on what I feel like. I live in Carlsbad, NM. Used to live in Roswell until just recently. I'll be in Lubbock in June, if I have a chance I'll definitely hit you up.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

St. Louis Cardinals all the WAY!!!!!!
    Pujols is the GOAT.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Giants, Knicks, Bills

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

In terms of college, I'd say they're Notre Dame and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NFL: Green Bay Packers
    been a fan for as long as i can remember. was a little pissed when favre came outta retirement (again) to play for the viqueens, but i couldn't be happier with rodgers. football = pretty the only sport i follow religiously.

Was a huge Jordan fan, and since he retired they've pretty much sucked, but hey, i still like em. when it comes basketball, i don't really care anymore, as long as the lakers and spurs aren't dominating. lol.

MLB: Detroit Tigers
    just like em...that's it. don't really follow it, but most of my friends are tigers fans so i just kinda go along with it. haha.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by giggler5 View Post

Was a huge Jordan fan, and since he retired they've pretty much sucked, but hey, i still like em. when it comes basketball, i don't really care anymore, as long as the lakers and spurs aren't dominating. lol.
    Kinda where I'm at.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Football: Jets/Giants

College Football: Notre Dame

NCAA BB: Duke/Kentucky

Baseball: Guess!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast