Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 441 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Robocop 3:

Just an awful, awful movie. I found myself simply laughing my ass off at how slow Robocop moved and how useless he actually was...near the end it took him how long to get off the ground. And the jet pack stuff was far too much hahaha.
    The first film should be studiously viewed by all audiences in today's world. Everything else in the franchise should be studiously avoided.
    Fuck, I ain't watched the original in ages. Which, if I remember correctly, was practically a better Judge Dredd film in spirit than the Stallone vehicle was. Yes, I think I'll add the first Robocop movie to my rewatch list.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Horrible Bosses: As a huge fan of Spacey and Bateman this was one I was interested in seeing in theatres but alas, I'm always too broke to see movies...been 14 months since I've been to the cinema. Anyways, The movie tells the story of three hard working, earnest men who are being tortured by the bosses (hence the title). Nick (Bateman) works underneath Harkin (Spacey) at a company and has been working his ass off for half a year for a promotion and when his boss rips on him for being two minutes late, manipulates him into having a big drink at 8 am and then takes the job he promised Nick (but he onlt took 85% of the extra salary for the double position to help the company). Carl (Jason Sudeikus) is an accountant at a chemical factory who is great friends with his boss (donald sutherland) and is in line to take over the company, but when he has a heart attack his cokehead son (Colin Farrell) takes over the company, hell bent on ruining it for short term profit and mega party time. Dale (Charlie Day) is a registered sex offender (as for why is an ongoing joke in the movie) who works as a dental assistant to Julie (Jennifer Aniston), who is an erotomaniac who doesn't care if he's engaged, she wants to sleep with him and constantly sexually harassess him. Because of how terrible their bosses and now their jobs as well as their lives are, they decide that things would be easier if they kill their bosses.

While the plot of the movie is a little contrived and has the probability for cheesiness the movie is actually pretty well done, well written, well acted and pretty damn funny. Jennifer Aniston recieved much attention for her sex appeal in the movie and while she is sexy, her character isn't given enough to work with. Spacey gets the most screen time out of all the bosses which is a shame (despite how great he is in it) that his character is the least interesting out of the three bosses. With how it's plotted out, in the second half Aniston's character almost seems to be an afterthought with how everything turns out. We root for the guys because we all have terrible bosses and they are good, honest and hard working people and their bosses are really so vile and twisted we WANT to see them killed. It works very, very well.

I highly recommend checking this out if someone wants to see a new good comedy.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone seen "Immortals"? Want to see this flick, but thought I'd wait for first person impressions.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Robocop 3:

Just an awful, awful movie. I found myself simply laughing my ass off at how slow Robocop moved and how useless he actually was...near the end it took him how long to get off the ground. And the jet pack stuff was far too much hahaha.
    The first film should be studiously viewed by all audiences in today's world. Everything else in the franchise should be studiously avoided.
    Fuck, I ain't watched the original in ages. Which, if I remember correctly, was practically a better Judge Dredd film in spirit than the Stallone vehicle was. Yes, I think I'll add the first Robocop movie to my rewatch list.
    Well, kinda like Judge Dredd on certain levels, but what it's about is corporate privatization of the police force.
    Then of course the surface theme; the horror of dehumanizing processed cyborg.
    Horrible Bosses: As a huge fan of Spacey and Bateman this was one I was interested in seeing in theatres ...
    While the plot of the movie is a little contrived and has the probability for cheesiness the movie is actually pretty well done, well written, well acted and pretty damn funny. ...
    I highly recommend checking this out if someone wants to see a new good comedy.

4/5
    I felt the same interest, but then I heard it was a big disappointment. I dunno, maybe I'll rent it eventually. Sure will keep your opinion in mind, too, tho, thanks.

How about The Change-Up? Anybody recommend that one?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Anyone seen "Immortals"? Want to see this flick, but thought I'd wait for first person impressions.
    ebert described it as 'a great looking bad movie', didn't read his whole review but apparently the visuals and everything are fantastic but the movie lacks substance from what I've heard.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably watch it. I don't mind that it 'lacks substance', I'm going to see this movie for the action and in that regard the film (apparently) delivers in spades. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything Greek mythology.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ils (Them)

Just finished watching it. Essentially a story of home invasion, first impressions are that it was ok but nothing really special, not to me, anyway. There were points where it seemed to be slowly building up tension, and there were other points where it just seemed slow. The ending left an impression on me though, and the way it was handled was quite disturbing. But overall, it didn't particularly strike me as hugely scary. 6/10

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather is never going to talk to you again...

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a similar rating, although the vitriolic nature of my review was much worse. I think I gave it a 4 or 5/10, for what it's worth.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Heather is never going to talk to you again...

Meh, she admitted she wasn't too keen on the greatest film ever, so it kinda balances out.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was the greatest film ever? Was this the tournament from awhile back?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There was a tournament?

And when I say "greatest film ever", I of course mean a film can't stop quoting, analysing, pausing to shut up about and of course, laughing my arse off at. And no, it's not Shaun of the Dead, but that one's pretty high on my list too. Although I have been trying to show just a little restraint when it comes to my favourite films/tv shows, so I won't mention it by name.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you still have an extra copy of the greatest film ever, btw? I know someone who would really appreciate it...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Ils (Them)

Just finished watching it. Essentially a story of home invasion, first impressions are that it was ok but nothing really special, not to me, anyway. There were points where it seemed to be slowly building up tension, and there were other points where it just seemed slow. The ending left an impression on me though, and the way it was handled was quite disturbing. But overall, it didn't particularly strike me as hugely scary. 6/10
    Only a 6
    That movie was all tension! And I love the ending.

Are there actually any films that we agree on?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've asked you that question several times!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hmmm....
    I know we agree on shows, but when it comes to films I feel like we always disagree

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey, i didn't completely dislike Them. I still thought it had some good bits. I'm just a little tired of the home invasion genre. I can't help but be reminded of, "He's got a knife...he's sharpening a fucking knife!" when I watch these films.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather - I still can't believe you didn't like The Godfather, I was CERTAIN you would love that film. Any chance you'd be willing to give the second film a shot ?

Just as soon as you watch East of Eden!

Does it have a similar feel as the first or is it very different?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

??? Didn't like the godfather? This is fucking incomputable for me. Hold on! I think i just had an aneurysym. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like the Godfather, either - I enjoyed it, within reason, and I think it is a very well done film, but it didn't do anything to me.

Can't comment on East of Eden before I at last get around to finishing it - hopefully, some time soon. It doesn't really appeal to me, but it sure has its merits.

I loved Ils. I should re-watch it and post a real review one day, but I don't want to do it now because it is one of the most depressing movies ever. I loved it because it is an archetypal - I would even say an ultimate - expression of meaningless violence. No escape; no immunity; no consolation; no meaning. It also grasps the unpalatable concept of children's innate amorality, and the impossibility of dialog where the other side has no values whatsoever. It is bleak, hopeless, and really, big-time upsetting.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear your review.

And sorry Brice, I hope you've recovered.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd be interested in reading your review too, Jean, even if I didn't enjoy the film quite as much as you and Heather seemed to. Who knows, maybe it's one of those films that I'll appreciate more on rewatch.

Now finishing watching Withnail & I pronto, Heather!

- Melike

I just did!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Excellent! Well, I know you weren't enjoying it the first time you tried to watch it, but let me know your thoughts, anyway.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 441 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast