Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 441 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you don't mind me asking, what was the sex crime involved? You say the humanity of being a sex offender, and it's titled Little Children... just wondering.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he's a perv, but I dont think anything is shown. Whatever happened took place before the movie *i think*
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not to focused on but seems his problem lies in exposing himself. Not like he molested/raped or anything.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the deal with exposing one's self? I mean, what does the exposer get from this?

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Good question
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's sick.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like every generation has a memory of some guy they saw somewhere (grocery store for me) that was wearing too short shorts and you could see his dick.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Your post made me feel like your avatar.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Your post made me feel like your avatar.
    I have that effect on people

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    What's the deal with exposing one's self? I mean, what does the exposer get from this?
    Today, frostbite.

.....I heard...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Audrey Hepburn is sublime. She's got that perfect screen presence which is so elusive for most actors.
    I really enjoyed her in this one. It's actually the only film of hers I've seen. I hate to admit this but I tried to watch My Fair Lady last year, and couldn't even make it past the first 15 or so min of her on the screen. But I really would like to go back and try to watch it again because I've heard such good stuff about it.
    My Fair Lady is probably my least favorite Audrey performance ... probably because I knew ahead of time that she was lip syncing ( Marni Nixon dubbed her stuff ). It's a sweet story and all, but it's kind of far fetched to think of Audrey as anything but elegant.

My favorite would probably be Breakfast At Tiffany's. Charade is wonderful and so is Roman Holiday. I think she was a bit out of her element in the musical genre.

I believe the inference for Little Children is that Ronnie exposed himself ... to children. Thus the registered sex offender status. Frankly, the scene in the swimming pool, with him looking at all the kids bodies under water was chilling and creepy as all get out.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Little children is a great movie, I'd love to revisit it sometime soon.

also - i know that the swimming pool scene is supposed to be a powerful one, but I can never take it seriously beause I'm always cracking up at how short J.E Haley looks in that scene, with his adorable little flippers

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the inference for Little Children is that Ronnie exposed himself ... to children. Thus the registered sex offender status. Frankly, the scene in the swimming pool, with him looking at all the kids bodies under water was chilling and creepy as all get out.
    It's hard to say for sure. They never outright say it, they do say he exposed himself to strangers and it was wrong, as opposed to the one woman's brother exposing himself to her. It's so hard not to feel sorry for Ronnie in the film, that pool scene was what made me do it. It's the notion that someone can change but society still labels him a certain way. And they display his deep wanting to change, mostly to make his mother proud of him.

I love the title Little Children; it has so many implications on the narrative.

My Mood
    Gay

I got the distinct impression he was a pedophile, but that could be me projecting, but I based that on the responses of the parents, mostly.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

It's hard to say for sure. They never outright say it, they do say he exposed himself to strangers and it was wrong, as opposed to the one woman's brother exposing himself to her. It's so hard not to feel sorry for Ronnie in the film, that pool scene was what made me do it. It's the notion that someone can change but society still labels him a certain way. And they display his deep wanting to change, mostly to make his mother proud of him.

I love the title Little Children; it has so many implications on the narrative.
    I guess I can understand why you feel bad for him, but I don't care how much someone has changed, if he has somehow sexually assaulted a child there is no redemption in my eyes and I understand why society would be so hard on him. That being said, is he mentally challenged, because I would have a little more sympathy if that was thrown in the mix.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the distinct impression he was a pedophile, but that could be me projecting, but I based that on the responses of the parents, mostly.
    That's how the film is intended. The audience is supposed to react like the parents 'omg he's in the pool!' but at this point we hardly know him. It isn't until the movie progresses that we see him as a son and a man struggling with his problems and the desire to make his mother proud of him. In the end he realizes
    Spoiler:
    that he cannot control himself so he took the drastic measure and did what he (and society) felt was necessary and castrated himself.

I guess I can understand why you feel bad for him, but I don't care how much someone has changed, if he has somehow sexually assaulted a child there is no redemption in my eyes and I understand why society would be so hard on him. That being said, is he mentally challenged, because I would have a little more sympathy if that was thrown in the mix.
    It depends how you define mentally challenged. Often those with sexual offension predispositions have something wrong in their brain. Often it's beyond their control and some are powerless despite trying to change. That is how Ronnie was, he tried to change, tried to be a normal person. As far as I'm remember whatever he got in trouble for only happened once and they didn't even say it was a child, just a stranger. The whole point could be the label 'sex offender' causes parents to cradle their children, despite the possible definitions that label can have.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a couple "Outta the Blue" movie's that I only recently caught up with and viewed:

"Slumdog Millionaire"

For whatever reason I just wasn't cranked to see it, but man, am I glad I did!!! What a great film!!!

"No Country for Old Men"

Same for this one, I was like "Meh", but now it's one of my favs!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Audrey Hepburn is sublime. She's got that perfect screen presence which is so elusive for most actors.
    I really enjoyed her in this one. It's actually the only film of hers I've seen. I hate to admit this but I tried to watch My Fair Lady last year, and couldn't even make it past the first 15 or so min of her on the screen. But I really would like to go back and try to watch it again because I've heard such good stuff about it.
    My Fair Lady is probably my least favorite Audrey performance ... probably because I knew ahead of time that she was lip syncing ( Marni Nixon dubbed her stuff ). It's a sweet story and all, but it's kind of far fetched to think of Audrey as anything but elegant.
    anyway, everything except Hepburn is very good there, so it is still worth watching. Heather: just imagine July Andrews at her place (she was originally meant for the part), and everything starts making sense.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Predators last night and LOVED it! I have always loved the Predator series with the exception of Aliens vs. Predator II. I did like the first Aliens vs. Predator though, a LOT!

Predators was by no means an award winning movie, and my biggest qualm is that Adrian Brody did not 'fit' his role. He put on a voice that didn't match him, and gave him a career that didn't suit him. Topher Grace was AWESOME! Danny Trejo Rocked! Louis Ozawa Changchien (Asian guy) was breathtaking.

I fall in love with villains quite easily, I really love the Predators most of all.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just a couple "Outta the Blue" movie's that I only recently caught up with and viewed:

<...>

"No Country for Old Men"

Same for this one, I was like "Meh", but now it's one of my favs!!!
    I wonder if I should re-watch it, then. My first attempt failed: I just slept through most of it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I watched Predators last night and LOVED it! I have always loved the Predator series with the exception of Aliens vs. Predator II. I did like the first Aliens vs. Predator though, a LOT!

Predators was by no means an award winning movie, and my biggest qualm is that Adrian Brody did not 'fit' his role. He put on a voice that didn't match him, and gave him a career that didn't suit him. Topher Grace was AWESOME! Danny Trejo Rocked! Louis Ozawa Changchien (Asian guy) was breathtaking.

I fall in love with villains quite easily, I really love the Predators most of all.
    We've had this since it came out and havent watched it yet

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You really should. It's something you really don't have to think about while watching, you can just sit there and enjoy it.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all for that!

My Mood
    Gay

The Russia House ( 1990 ) - 9/10.

Based on a novel by John le Carre.

I absolutely love this movie. I think both Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer give excellent performances and the ending is just wonderful.

I'm fairly sure that at least part of it was filmed in Russia, and it's always intrigued me.

Jean, have you ever seen it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 441 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast