Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 441 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, you're one of those "Interstellar was so unrealistic because when we see a view from outside the space ship, everyone knows the thrusters would have knocked off the cameras because of the g-force!" people. Give me a break. Dinosaurs are extinct, the Avengers aren't a group of real people, and ghosts/demons don't really exist.

Just ... ENJOY .... movies.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Ugh, you're one of those "Interstellar was so unrealistic because when we see a view from outside the space ship, everyone knows the thrusters would have knocked off the cameras because of the g-force!" people. Give me a break. Dinosaurs are extinct, the Avengers aren't a group of real people, and ghosts/demons don't really exist.

I don't really care if it's realistic or not, Behind Enemy Lines just wasn't very good. That film might have been the film that was the start of Hackman's decline.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I mean the fact the American military would give any kind of a fuck about a pilot who went down, to the point they will put the lives of numerous other pilots and soldiers on the line to also go behind enemy lines to save the guy and spends tens of millions of dollars in bombs and potentially lose hundreds of millions of dollars worth of planes to save ONE guy; 'Leave No Man Behind' is a nice little saying that hides the fact they leave men behind in every war, in every battle, left to rot away and die of consumption and malnutrition in POW camps, suffering years of psychological trauma. It's basically a AMERICA FUCK YEAH movie where the life of one American is worth more the geopolitical conflicts of the entire nations because Americans are so special they are worth starting a war over. I can't enjoy a movie that insults my intelligence this much. And let me tell you, there is more evidence to show ghosts exist then the United States military going through all this effort and potentially start an international incident to save one pilot. but there is plenty of evidence to show they WON'T go through all this effort to save one pilot. The movie offered nothing original, nothing interesting, and it was basically a paint by numbers action movie. And I don't even know what the heck you're talking about with Interstellar. I rarely even consider the reality of movies outside of characterization. But when the premise of a movie is something so implausible and ends up basically being American Propaganda disguised as a film, it's impossible for me to enjoy it. There are tens of thousands of films I'd rather watch. Freddy Got Fingered is one of them.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

No, I mean the fact the American military would give any kind of a fuck about a pilot who went down, to the point they will put the lives of numerous other pilots and soldiers on the line to also go behind enemy lines to save the guy and spends tens of millions of dollars in bombs and potentially lose hundreds of millions of dollars worth of planes to save ONE guy; 'Leave No Man Behind' is a nice little saying that hides the fact they leave men behind in every war, in every battle, left to rot away and die of consumption and malnutrition in POW camps, suffering years of psychological trauma. It's basically a AMERICA FUCK YEAH movie where the life of one American is worth more the geopolitical conflicts of the entire nations because Americans are so special they are worth starting a war over. I can't enjoy a movie that insults my intelligence this much. And let me tell you, there is more evidence to show ghosts exist then the United States military going through all this effort and potentially start an international incident to save one pilot. but there is plenty of evidence to show they WON'T go through all this effort to save one pilot. The movie offered nothing original, nothing interesting, and it was basically a paint by numbers action movie. And I don't even know what the heck you're talking about with Interstellar. I rarely even consider the reality of movies outside of characterization. But when the premise of a movie is something so implausible and ends up basically being American Propaganda disguised as a film, it's impossible for me to enjoy it. There are tens of thousands of films I'd rather watch. Freddy Got Fingered is one of them.

Oh-kay then, this from a Canadian self described cinema buff and authority on American military strategies? With that I believe I will move on to greener pastures. Matts, you had me until you opened your mouth to post. Later folks.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I ever got the "America, Fuck Yeah!" (South Park, lol) vibe from the movie, or any other movie, for that example. But I think that's because I'm here. Everything IS "America, Fuck Yeah!" unless you're actively political, and then it's "America, Fucked Up! (His Fault)" and "America, THIS Guy's To Blame!" lol

I enjoyed Behind Enemy Lines as a straight action movie with some pretty cool scenes, starring a guy primarily known for comedy that I thought came off as very likeable.

I don't really think of movies in terms of realistic/unrealistic. I loathe unrealistic characters and situations based on the premise of the movie, but other than that, I'm not going to argue that Alien #3 should have been a better melee fighter while facing off against the Predator because on his home planet he was raised by the blah blah blah and he grew wheat and so on and so on. In some movies, the world we live in just doesn't apply. In Behind Enemy Lines, the Hackman character DID want to save Owen Wilson, so he did. There's nothing to really think about for me other than that.

Now, Freddy Got Fingered, on the other hand ... FUCKING KILL ME.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, and in Uncommon Valor, Gene Hackman led a bunch of rag-tag, washed up Servicemen to infiltrate Laos in order to rescue a few POWs. Who cares if it reflects "current military policy"? It's a great film. Doesn't have to be "realistic" with regards to the actual world, as long as the movie's internal logic holds.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Oh-kay then, this from a Canadian self decribed cinema buff and authority on American military strategies? With that I believe I will move on to greener pastures. Matts, you had me until you opened your mouth to post. Later folks.
    Actually, the lines about how foolish the 'leave no man behind' part about this film came from a Ranger. He said all soldiers are expendable and says it's a cold reality that it's far, far cheaper to train a new soldier than to build a new F-14. I don't really see how being a Canadian changes all the stories of soldiers left behind in vietnam, soldiers left for dead, and soldiers who just vanish.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally watched The Gift. I've been wanting to see it, especially with all the hype it was receiving around here. I enjoyed it, but that said I didn't see what everyone was raving about. That's probably because I got my expectations up and was expecting a bit more from it. I also wish it was a little more tense and creepy.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's my bad.

I think I enjoyed the film more because of how much it surprised me. I wasn't expecting much going in. It's a small film and there really isn't anything immense happening, but I really enjoyed it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my thoughts on Spectre, Bridge of Spies, Crimson Peak, The Leisure Class, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Martian and Black Mass.

Quick Flicks. Recent Movie Round-Up

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally watched The Gift. I've been wanting to see it, especially with all the hype it was receiving around here. I enjoyed it, but that said I didn't see what everyone was raving about. That's probably because I got my expectations up and was expecting a bit more from it. I also wish it was a little more tense and creepy.
    I think it was plenty tense and creepy. The look on Joel Edgerton's face alone made me uneasy.

Are you sure you won't expecting a slasher flick?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think it's one of those cases where it got hyped up so I was inevitably let down. And he was creepy, but I do wish they had added more suspense, or more uneasiness somehow.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think I enjoyed the film more because of how much it surprised me. I wasn't expecting much going in.
    I'm finding that's the cause of me liking the films I've enjoyed the most recently.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think I enjoyed the film more because of how much it surprised me. I wasn't expecting much going in.
    I'm finding that's the cause of me liking the films I've enjoyed the most recently.
    Yup. Me too. It's so refreshing when that happens. Hype is terrible. You can stay away from message boards and trailers and still get over-hyped with a film. I think that's what happened to me with Spectre.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the opposite will happen with Spectre.

I keep hearing how woefully average it is and that it's only a whisker better than Quantum of Solace... my expectations are so low that I'll probably end up loving it

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hype is a mixed bag. I was super hyped for Whiplash and Her and they're still my two favourite movies of the past two years. I think I'm just very fortunate to put any hype I have into the appropriate films lol. It also helps films I tend to get hyped for aren't films most people are hyped for. There ain't no chatter on the street about Spotlight, yet here I am counting down the days until I see it Sunday night.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I think the opposite will happen with Spectre.

I keep hearing how woefully average it is and that it's only a whisker better than Quantum of Solace... my expectations are so low that I'll probably end up loving it
    Good point. I guess I just saw it too soon.

Hype is a mixed bag. I was super hyped for Whiplash and Her and they're still my two favourite movies of the past two years. I think I'm just very fortunate to put any hype I have into the appropriate films lol. It also helps films I tend to get hyped for aren't films most people are hyped for. There ain't no chatter on the street about Spotlight, yet here I am counting down the days until I see it Sunday night.
    I'm also looking really forward to Spotlight. I actually picked up a mini poster of Spotlight when I was there to see Spectre. I'm actually amassing quite a collection of movie posters.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight is one of my most anticipated films solely for the subject matter. The ensemble is just icing on the cake.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mr Holmes... not a bad movie. Love Ian M for so many reasons and this made my love his work more. Really touching story about Sherlock Homes. Dragged a bit but that was the point... age and growing old would be the same feel maybe... a solid 7/10.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried seeing Holmes when it was in the theater, but it wasn't playing anywhere nearby.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I tried seeing Holmes when it was in the theater, but it wasn't playing anywhere nearby.
    Well worth a watch
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Well worth a watch
    It's next in the queue!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Spotlight yesterday. Extremely well acted drama recounting the Boston Globe's in depth research leading up to articles describing the massive cover-up of molestation by priests that rocked the Catholic diocese of Boston. Certainly should be considered for Best picture.
    I give it 5/6 Beers on the RFSPRS.

Side-note: Interesting to see Jamey Sheridan (Randall Flagg in The Stand Miniseries). Took me a minute to place him as he's aged and gained a little weight.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing spotlight tomorrow. Can't wait! One of these days my man Ruffalo is going to win an oscar.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let us know how it is, Matt. I hadn't planned on seeing it, but I just got passes to a screening for next week. You can let me know if I should go or not.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 441 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast