Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 441 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It looked great from the trailer. Will have to watch it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It looked great from the trailer. Will have to watch it.
    SHOCKED it did not do better in the theaters... REALLY liked it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Self/less looked like it would be a mess. The whole body switch thing has been played out. I'm sure there's much more to it than that, but when you boil it down, it's a body switch movie.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Self/less looked like it would be a mess. The whole body switch thing has been played out. I'm sure there's much more to it than that, but when you boil it down, it's a body switch movie.
    Give it a try. It was a refreshing take... well done. I watched it with four other people that were surprised at how fun it was!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw an advance screening of The Visit last night. It was really good. I'm usually not a fan of kids as main characters, but these two were excellent and really carried the movie.

I went in thinking it was going to be a suspense/thriller, but was surprised that it was actually really funny. It's not sitcom-y; a lot of the events/scenes in the film are so absurd that the kids' viewpoints and reactions about them (like how real kids would act) are what makes it funny. So it succeeds in that area. I do wish that it would've played up the horror elements a bit more, though. It amps up a little towards the end, but not enough to really push it out of the (dark) comedy genre and into the horror.

Overall a well-paced, entertaining movie (though I did think the end "reveal" could have been a little stronger). I do think a lot of people will be surprised to find that it's more funny than horrific, so I'd recommend to go in with that in mind.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have zero interest in watching Self/Less.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Saw an advance screening of The Visit last night. It was really good. I'm usually not a fan of kids as main characters, but these two were excellent and really carried the movie.

I went in thinking it was going to be a suspense/thriller, but was surprised that it was actually really funny. It's not sitcom-y; a lot of the events/scenes in the film are so absurd that the kids' viewpoints and reactions about them (like how real kids would act) are what makes it funny. So it succeeds in that area. I do wish that it would've played up the horror elements a bit more, though. It amps up a little towards the end, but not enough to really push it out of the (dark) comedy genre and into the horror.

Overall a well-paced, entertaining movie (though I did think the end "reveal" could have been a little stronger). I do think a lot of people will be surprised to find that it's more funny than horrific, so I'd recommend to go in with that in mind.
    Good to know. I want to see it, but I was definitely expecting an all out horror film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That will be your loss my good man...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That will be your loss my good man...
    I think it's all the abysmal reviews that have turned me off to it. Its score on every aggregate site is pathetic...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's all the abysmal reviews that have turned me off to it. Its score on every aggregate site is pathetic...
    And yet you still went and saw the new Fantastic Four...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

And yet you still went and saw the new Fantastic Four...
    It was free, and it beat being at work

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't beat that! My job used to take us to the movies all the time. I miss those days.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed The Visit. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I think it's great that you got to see an advanced screening. My theater has pretty much stopped doing those, which bums me out.

So, the real question is, after The Visit is M. Night back?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a difficult thing to answer. It's funny because if I went to go see it and had no idea who the writer or director was, I never would have guessed it was a Shyamalan film.

I'll put this in spoilers in case some people don't want to know whether there's a twist or not:
    Spoiler:
    There is, so it's "Shyamalan" in that regard, but it never feels like a twist for the sake of having a twist.

So if by "back" you mean, has he made an well-paced, well-acted, entertaining movie? The answer is yes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received and watched "Mad Max: Fury Road" and not only is this film a totally insane action film, but the special features disc is freaking kick ass as well.

Anyone who is a "Car Buff" will no doubt die and go to heaven while viewing the feature showing how they designed and built the various vehicles. I do not generally go in much for "Special features" as a rule, but in this case the special features are damn near as good as the actual film. If you are considering purchasing this DVD on any level, do it!!! I just about guaranty you will be very pleased indeed!!!!

Needless to say I give this film a 10 out of 10 points!!! Go and get this DVD!!!! Crazy ass action and visuals!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I just received and watched "Mad Max: Fury Road" and not only is this film a totally insane action film, but the special features disc is freaking kick ass as well.

Anyone who is a "Car Buff" will no doubt die and go to heaven while viewing the feature showing how they designed and built the various vehicles. I do not generally go in much for "Special features" as a rule, but in this case the special features are damn near as good as the actual film. If you are considering purchasing this DVD on any level, do it!!! I just about guaranty you will be very pleased indeed!!!!

Needless to say I give this film a 10 out of 10 points!!! Go and get this DVD!!!! Crazy ass action and visuals!!!
    I have a pretty BAD ASS theater in my home... 150 inch screen and 24 speakers... its nuts and top of the line... and me and the guys watched it last night LOUD and in 3D. It might be one of the best 3D movies I have seen.... WE WERE BLOWN away. The audio track was AMAZING. Most movies are 5.1 but I swear they was 7.1 My system is 11.2... and it was a better experience than the theater!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I have a pretty BAD ASS theater in my home... 150 inch screen and 24 speakers... its nuts and top of the line... and me and the guys watched it last night LOUD and in 3D. It might be one of the best 3D movies I have seen.... WE WERE BLOWN away. The audio track was AMAZING. Most movies are 5.1 but I swear they was 7.1 My system is 11.2... and it was a better experience than the theater!
    Right? I have a decent home theater as well with full dolby and Bose speakers and the movie was rocking the house!!! The "Special Features disc" stated that they used CGI very sparingly and most of the stunts were "live action"!!! Those stuntmen should have been getting paid triple time!!! The shit they were/are doing was freaking crazy!!! The action is almost non-stop. I haven't had this much fun watching in movie in a long time!!! Sorry if I am gushing, but I and my family really, really enjoyed this film!!! How they didn't manage to kill someone on set amaze me!! LOL LOL And the vehicles!! They created around 140 different crazy vehicle designs, built straight from graphic drawing by different artists. They literally just went to town on this flick.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My setup is perfect for Mad Max too. Unfortunately, I was asleep at the wheel when it came out and I missed out on the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook. I love my Steelbooks, so I'm going to have to wait until they get restocked.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen Starred Up? It's a really solid film and probably one of the more raw, realistic prison films I've ever seen. Jack O'Connell (he was also in Unbroken) was fantastic. I was really impressed with his performance. This movie actually made me want to watch Unbroken more.

O'Connell plays a super violent teen who is sent to prison and 'Starred Up', which essentially means he's so violent that he has to be moved to an adult prison. The prison just so happens to also be home to his father, played by Ben Mendelsohn. It's an interesting film and I'm surprised I didn't hear more people talking about it last year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's go for three posts in a row.

I saw The Gift today and I'm shocked I'm not hearing more people talk about this hidden gem. One of the better surprises of the summer. The trailer is completely misleading. In fact, don't even watch the trailer. The less you know going in the better.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching it tomorrow after work. I'll be part of the kool kids soon.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've really been wanting to see that. Everyone that's seen it seems to have really positive things to say about it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't seem to find "Black Sea" anywhere. Checked "Netflix", zip. Any suggestions? Not at "Red Box" I visited either.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I saw it On Demand, Bill. Do you have Comcast?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I saw it On Demand, Bill. Do you have Comcast?
    No, just about everything else, I thought. I have, Directv and Netflix it's getting a bit much, ya know?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 441 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast