Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 441 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Devil's Rejects i'll watch when Heather watches the 2nd ep of Sherlock, or alternatively, you start watching Who, Shannon. Either could work...
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    White Material

A French film screened for my cinema class. Horribly realistic, aesthetically beautiful, pitch perfect performances.

9/10
    Just looked it up on IMDB, sounds interesting. If it's on instant watch I might have to add it.
    It is interesting and on instant.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Double D, I would like to let you in on the television shows I have been watching, therefore not having the time to start Who, which I am excited about, but not at this time:

Here is where I am at with the tv shows I am watching, with my ratings (1 is crap, 5 is near perfect, etc)
    2 Broke Girls: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Alphas: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Death Valley: Season 1 - watched 5 - 1 5, 4 4s
    Family Guy: Season 10 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Fool Us: Season 1 - watched 8 - 1 5, 4 4s, 3 3s
    Glee: Season 3 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Grey's Anatomy: Season 8 - watched 2 - 2 5s
    H8R: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Homeland: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 5
    Jersey Shore: Season 4 - watched 8 - 6 5s, 2 4s
    Mortal Kombat: Legacy: Season 1 - watched 9 - 4 4s, 3 3s, 2 2s
    New Girl: Season 1 - watched 2 - 1 5, 1 4
    Person Of Interest: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 5
    Playboy Club, The: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 5
    Pretty Little Liars: Season 2 - watched 5 - 3 5s, 2 4s
    Raising Hope: Season 2 - watched 1 - 1 3
    Revenge: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Ringer: Season 1 - watched 2 - 1 4, 1 3
    Sing-Off, The: Season 3 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Suits: Season 1 - watched 2 - 1 5, 1 4
    Survivor: Season 23 (South Pacific) - watched 3 - 1 5, 2 4s
    Take The Money And Run: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 4
    Terra Nova: Season 1 - watched 1 - 1 5

AND I still haven't started the current seasons of The Amazing Race, Boardwalk Empire, The Lying Game, Hawaii Five-0, and so on ... lol

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Haha, yeah, I'm just kidding with ya Shannon, I know how much tv you watch already. Myself, I don't watch that much, there's really not much that interests me these days. I occasionally stick on a repeat of the Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother, both of which are shows that I've been enjoying a little more than I thought I would, but Doctor Who is the main show I watch. Not that that allows me much time to watch films, since it's not just the new eps I've been watching: recently, I've been currently aiming to fill in all the gaps in my dvd collection so that by the programme's 50th anniversary in 2013, I'll have as complete a set as possible. And believe it or not, while my collection is extensive, it's far from complete: i've got about 80 serials of the classic series, but i still need to buy a little under 30 more. I got about another 7 serials in the past two weeks, which roughly comes to about 28 eps. Not to mention, I've got a couple of books based on the series to read that are practically completely different genres. Never let it be said that I'm only a casual fan and not a collector, I do try my best at this, after all!

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

TV never goes on in my house except for twice a week when wrestling is on....and soon when Walking Dead is on once a week. Eastbound and Down was airing after Wrestling and that show is pretty good. Dexter in a few days....other shows I want to see are so deep in their run (Breaking Bad/Mad Men) I'm just waiting until they are finished. TV sucks for the most part.

Watched Synecdoche, New York...HOW WAS THIS NOT EVEN NOMINATED FOR ANY OSCARS? IT'S A BRILLIANT FILM, ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. It angers me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There are so many great shows on TV right now. Some of you guys are really missing out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    There are so many great shows on TV right now. Some of you guys are really missing out.
    Really, What Servant said!!!

Justified
    Burn Notice
    Sons of Anarchy

Just to name a few, Plus you need to get up to speed on "Breaking Bad".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Captain America
    4/5

I was expecting better from this movie, after hearing how everyone raved about it. I enjoyed the pre-superhero parts of the movie a lot better than the superhero parts. Eh, oh well. It was very enjoyable, but not "the best superhero movie of all time" by far.

Drive
    2/5

Uggghhh!!!!!! Now, to be fair, I apparently watched the "leaked copy" of the movie, and it differed from the theatrical movie in many ways, one especially, was the score used throughout. The movie I watched was SLLLOOOOWWWWWWWW WWW WWW!!!!!! The characters literally spent 80% of the movie staring at each other and not saying anything, and I feel that that percentage is pretty fair. Ryan Gosling spoke so little in the movie, I felt as if the director wanted to make him have somekind of mental disorder. I wanted to turn this movie off MANY times, and that rarely happens for me. But I stuck with it. And I'm glad I did. The second half picks up speed and there are some pretty good scenes spread throughout the movie. But, as for the movie as a whole ... I will seriously think twice about watching anything from this director again. Great cast, decent story, horrible execution.

Dinner For Schmucks
    4/5

There is a lot of hate for this movie. Many people claimed to have walked out of this movie, that it was the worst movie ever made, that they demanded their money back, etc. I didn't feel that way. It wasn't great, but I like Paul Rudd and Steve Carell a lot, and I found them both very funny in this movie. To see the normal everyman being bothered by Carell's character non-stop was very funny to me. Being put in awkward situation after situation, I liked it. Not one of the best, but definitely something to watch on a bored, rainy day.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see Drive personally. I predict it may get one of my 5/5's when I watch it.

Recent Movies:

Good Will Hunting: I hadn't watched it in years and truly is a very good film. Movies before this and movies after that tried to copy it's formula (Antoine Fisher, The Soloist, Finding Forrester) just simply don't match up. Good Will Hunting has everything that should feel contrived; a down on his luck gifted guy gets rescued from himself, shown a way to success, meets a girl AND has a best buddy to pal around with. This entire movie screams Cliche in your face when you look at the cover and read the back but it is a very, very good movie. What helps it is the conviction in which every actors portrays his role, even Ben Affleck performed his role very well and his scene with Will when he says "You know what the best part of my day is? When I pull up to your house, that ten seconds as I get out the car and walk up to your door I hope that you won't answer. That you'll just be gone. No note, no see ya later. Just gone." Damon is excellent in it and sadly he's almost over shadowed by Robin Williams who is at his best in this one. Not really too much of a bad thing to say about it except for the last scene with Ben Affleck...it seemed like an hour before he finally fuckin smiled, my only major complaint about the movie. That an it doesn't have amazing rewatchability. This is a 'once in every five years' kind of movie for me so it seems just as good each time I watch it. Other movies like this for me are Braveheart, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, and The Godfather. Now, this one isn't as long as those movies so not quite as epic but you know what I mean. No sense tarnishing such a great movie with frantic rewatches...save that for Star Wars and Grandma's Boy.

5/5

Reign Over Me: A very overlooked if not underappreciated movie. While Sandler's performance isn't quite as good as his portrayal of Barry Eagan, he is still captivating to me in every scene to me. Much like punch drunk love, for playing a character who doesn't like attention them personally, they sure manage to draw me and I have trouble taking my eyes of his moves and mannerisms and subtle expression changes. Cheadle is also very good and it's not that his role is limited but his character is meant to be kind of dead. And his arc in the movie is kind of re discovering the spark in himself so his life doesn't seem so static. Good supporting performances. A lot of nice shots of New York City and I particularily like the one where all the stop lights change at the same time for blocks. It's an emotional movie in it's content. For those that don't know Adam Sandler plays a man whose family was on the plane hijacked out of Logan Airport on 9/11 and subsequently crashed in Pennsylvania. He's a complete and emotional wreck ever since. I like how they don't make a specific point to say 'this movie is about 9/11' and if anything, it's the best movie about 9/11 made because it deals with it on such a personal level. We see 9/11 from years later, when the smoke has settled and into the life of someone terrible affected by it. I think that aspect turned some people of it but I think it made the movie as strong as it is. Not sure what my favourite lines are in it though...either "Two tickets please. One adult, one faggot." or "We meet back here on Monday. Don't bring Sugarman."

The Royal Tenenbaums: Unlike Good Will Hunting, this is one of those 'watch every six months' kind of movies along with Punch Drunk Love, American Beauty, Almost Famous and Matchstick Men. All of these contain some intrinstic quality I can't put my finger on but I enjoy them so much and I feel so great after watching them they are just so well made and so enjoyable and well acted. I've wrote about this several times. Just love the heck out of this movie. It's colours. Anderson's use of zooming. It's framing. It's sets. It's wardrobe. It's script. It's cast. It's stopped in time feel. The storybook narration. The fantastic ending. The Soundtrack. It all meshes to create such a unique piece of heartwarming, funny and charming film I can never get enough of it.

5/5

Bridesmaids: It was a pretty enjoyable comedy that had decent performances and some really good laughs. I didn't feel it was hilarious all the way through but like my favourite comedies, it took the time to develop it's characters, their relationships and it's story so that the characters actions made sense within the plot and we understood them. Nothing worse than comedies that doesn't take the time to solidify and identify it's characters and most comedy is then delegated to physical humour, sight gags and gross outs. While The Hangover isn't an extraordinary movie, it's knowledge of it's characters and where they stood in life and with each other allowed the movie to feel organic and while the plot was contrived, it was made believable because of it's characters. This wasn't a great comedy but it's a good one and worth a checking out. Megan was easily my favourite character in the movie, she made me laugh my ass off. Especially with the dogs in the car and on the plane.

3.5/5

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Good Will Hunting.

If you are a downloader like me, don't download Drive yet, as most of the copies online are of the "leaked copy", which is unfinished.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I ownly download movies currently in theatre during Oscar season. Other than that if I do have to download a movie it's usually well after DVD release. Not often I download recent movies. At least then I'm pirating on stuff that's been out for ten, twenty or thirty years. I don't have it in me to see movies in theatres at home for free. And the only exception for me is Oscar season, especially with ten movies. I want to actually have an opinion when I watch the oscars like I used to. I hardly get to see movies in theatres any more. I haven't been to the movies in over a year when I saw Machete and The American back to back

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I can catch The Thing in theatres....really hoping it doesn't let me down. I'm not expecting it to be as good as the first one....just hoping it's not a CG fest and at least keep the spirit of the original at it's heart.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ditto, Mattrick. I'm hoping it's not completely shit, at least. Gotta say though that I'm really pissed off that it's being held back in the UK until December. Wtf?!? One of the rare times a horror film comes out on Halloween in the US that's not the latest Saw sequel, and you Universal bastards hold it back?!?

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got done seeing The Thing. Not anywhere near as good as the first one. But, and this is just me, I liked it. Sure I really thought they could have done better but for what it as, it was great. Only, thing was, nowhere near the paranoia level of the original. I give it a5/10
    If you love me then love me..

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you referring to the one that just came out? From what I've seen from the trailers, it looks like a shot-for-shot remake, but calling it a prequel.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's pretty much a sequel disguised as a prequel. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet - lack of funds , not lack of want - but I plan to remedy that this weekend.

I know it'll probably nowhere near as inventive as the original, but I love the story and the method of approach so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah it is a prequel. It shows what happened to the Norwegian team from the original and how they found the thing. The ending leads into the opening of the original. It's a predictable, CGI fest, that is neither scary or eventful. The alien is inconsistent and doesn't behave like it did in the original. There is no paranoia level. Yeah I enjoyed seeing what happened to the Norwegians, but still after all that crap, it's still worth a watch. especially if you are a fan of the original. Just know going in it is not going to blow you away like the original did. I liked it though. And will see it again.

One thing I loved is the score was reminiscent of the original. Same kinda electronic score and weird tones.
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone excited for Paranormal Activity 3? This is a must-see-in-theatres movie for me. Cheap jumps, yeah, but screw it, I love these films.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I am! I can't wait to see it! I hope it's better than the last one though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw "Moneyball" and it was pretty good. They messed with the book a bit as I recall, but it was very entertaining. Not a bad movie by any stretch!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I sawa thirdy 30 second spot for Paranormal Activity 3, looks to be a major stinker. The entire 30 seconds must've gave away 20 'scares' of the movie. Why do horror movies intend on showing you EVERYTHING in a 30 second tv spot? What a waste. They gave away so much of the plot that even if I cared to see it I still wouldn't. The first one was nothing special and I've heard the sequel wasn't even as good. What may have been a brilliant, one time movie (tons of people like it though it was a big nothing to me) has now become the new saw, milking this 'once a year, pump out a new movie for halloween' cash cow until it's bled dry and any greatness the original had is all but destroyed. This is why I lost faith in new horror movies. The odd one gets released that's great but most are either alright or shitty. They show us everything the movie has to offer in the damned trailer, ruin any mystery or shock of the movie and essentially make the trailer watching experience far more gratifying than the movie experience because we get to see all the awesome CGI scares and miss the crappy plot and it's over in about two minutes. I've watched Paranormal Activity 3 tonight four times during wrestling tonight. I do not recommend.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Recently watched some classics; South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut which is always great. Also watched I Love You, Man which could very well be the greatest comedy ever made. Top five of all time without a doubt. Just not so many comedies that are genuinely funny in almost every fashion; snappy dialogue, great acting, physical humour, gross out humous, sight gags. It has good characters portrayed as real people which is rare in a comedy. Jason Siegel and Paul Rudd are the two best comedic actors working today and this movie proves it. On top of all the greatness that makes I Love You, Man is a parody at the same time. It parodies romantic comedies by having two men as best friends go through all the trials and tribulations of a romantic comedy; they meet, they fall for each other, they bring things out in each other, then they don't work with each others friends, they have a fight, grow separately then (often in a public setting) they profess their love for each other and everything is happily ever after. The fact they could pull this off tells a lot about the quality of the people involved in this movie.

South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut - 4/5

"Now this isn't the first troublesome thing to come out of Canada. Lest we forget Bryan Adams."
    "The Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions."

I Love You, Man - 5/5

"I just came to get my season two of Lost back off you. Me and Zooey kind of got into it and now she really wants to know what's been going on down in that hatch."

"Did you know that the best night I've had in the last 5 years is a night that Zooey and I split a bottle of wine, we made a summer salad and watched Chocolat together? "
    "You mean Chocolate?"
    "Chocolat."
    "Chocolate with Johnny Depp."
    "Chocolat."
    "You're not fucking French Pete, it's called Chocolate."
    "Chocolate's got an 'E' on at the end".
    "That was your favorite night?"
    "Yes."
    "Your best night in 5 years is watching "Chocolate" with Johnny Depp? You should be ashamed of yourself."
    "With the combination of wine and summer salad and "Chocolat", yeah!"
    "You should be embarrassed."

(later)

"Oh and I watched Chocolat. It was delightful."
    "Isn't it?"

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll check out I Love You, Man when I can Mattrick, but greatest comedy ever? I very much doubt anything could beat Withnail & I for that title. (Which reminds me: I really do need to watch the new blu ray I got of that film this week!)

"We want the finest wines available to humanity! We want them here, and we want them now!"

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    I'll check out I Love You, Man when I can Mattrick, but greatest comedy ever? I very much doubt anything could beat Withnail & I for that title. (Which reminds me: I really do need to watch the new blu ray I got of that film this week!)

"We want the finest wines available to humanity! We want them here, and we want them now!"
    Speaking of the greatest (non)comedy ever, I need to watch it again...I just my region free DVD player, so if I were to find a copy, I could watch it over, and over, and over again...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I Love You, Man was pretty funny, but not in my top five. I'm a sucker for the quotable dumb comedies: Anchorman, 40-Year-Old-Virgin, Step Brothers, Old School, Wedding Crashers.

"You're not a doctor, you're a curly-headed FUCK!"

lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 441 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast