Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 441 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt wtf are you watching Apocalypse Now. Stop watching all these other shitty movies and watch a GOAT.

John F. Kennedy KatetOfNineteen will become famous soon enough KatetOfNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just for the record guys and gals my screen name is Ka-tet Of Nineteen with no hyphen or spaces. My name is Nathan and I'm definitely a dude haha.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KatetOfNineteen View Post
    Just for the record guys and gals my screen name is Ka-tet Of Nineteen with no hyphen or spaces. My name is Nathan and I'm definitely a dude haha.
    Woops! Sorry, bro. I read it fast as "Kateofnineteen."

Not used to seeing it without the hyphen I guess. Welcome by the way.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw "the Lego movie" and "Captain Philips" both were excellent films!!!

My grandson thoroughly enjoyed the "Lego Movie"!! 5 of 5 in my book!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to try and watch Captain Phillips this week. I still have a lot of Oscar movie watching to do.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

James and Heather,

I watched Berberian Sound Studio. Nice little find by you guys. I had never heard of it and happy to see it for instant streaming on Netflix. I wouldn't call Berberian Sound Studio a horror film. I put it in the thriller category, which is fine because I love thrillers and you just don't see that many of them anymore. It's certainly an interesting film and one that would benefit from a second viewing.

Since it's an Independent foreign film, I kind of knew what I was getting. That being said, I would have appreciated a more concrete ending. Something that pulled the whole film together instead of leaving it up for interpretation. I know that's kind of the trend with most Independent films nowadays, but I kind of want them to write an ending, not make me make one up on my own. It's your movie, not mine. Finish it.

Anyway, interesting film. I really like Toby Jones. I preferred Jones' Hitchcock to Anthony Perkins' Hitchcock. He's really good in this. He really makes you feel just as uncomfortable and confused as he is. Definitely worth a watch for people looking for something different.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice review, Mike. Agreed on a lot of points. You're right, it's not exactly a horror, but I loved all the tributes to the genre, particularly Italian. Agreed on how great Toby Jones is - in fact, when I first heard about this film, what drew me to it most (aside from the use of sound) was knowing he'd be in it, and the role of a repressed and highly strained Englishman in a foreign country just sounded perfect for him. Also agreed that the ending (or lack of one) wasn't exactly my favourite part of the film. Still, glad to hear you enjoyed it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm going to try and watch Captain Phillips this week. I still have a lot of Oscar movie watching to do.
    All I have left is Wolf of Wall Street but since it's three hours me and my friend had to actually plan out a date where we could manage to watch it haha
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the runtime is really the main thing that's got me putting it off.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is entirely subjective, but Wolf didn't feel like a 3 hour long film. It seemed to move pretty quickly. Of course, if you are enjoying the film, it's going to feel like it's going by faster.

I know I've watched films half as long that seem like they are 3 hours long.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've no issues with runtimes, it's just friend has four kids and does shiftwork so a three hour film, especially with Olympic Hockey on during the Friday afternoons we'd have time to watch it, we literally had to figure out where he had three free hours to watch it haha. There is a difference between a tight three hours and a loose three hours. Some directors out there think length adds to the quality and in some cases, like Christopher Nolan, they could do with some tightening up to their work. Someone like Woody Allen has made movies pretty much the same length, between 90 and 105 mins for years and they are crammed full. Scorscese has made some long films but often his lengthy films call for it. But I also heard it was originally four hours long and the studios made him cut it to three so he literally cut it to pretty much exactly three hours. The Dark Knight is one of the longest feeling movies I've seen. I love it but everytime they build up the hospital sequence it feels like the film is wrapping up but there is still like an hour left in it and everytime I watch it I forget.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I've no issues with runtimes, it's just friend has four kids and does shiftwork so a three hour film, especially with Olympic Hockey on during the Friday afternoons we'd have time to watch it, we literally had to figure out where he had three free hours to watch it haha. There is a difference between a tight three hours and a loose three hours. Some directors out there think length adds to the quality and in some cases, like Christopher Nolan, they could do with some tightening up to their work. Someone like Woody Allen has made movies pretty much the same length, between 90 and 105 mins for years and they are crammed full. Scorscese has made some long films but often his lengthy films call for it. But I also heard it was originally four hours long and the studios made him cut it to three so he literally cut it to pretty much exactly three hours. The Dark Knight is one of the longest feeling movies I've seen. I love it but everytime they build up the hospital sequence it feels like the film is wrapping up but there is still like an hour left in it and everytime I watch it I forget.
    Yup, totally agree.

I'm not gonna' lie though, there are some scenes in Wolf that are repetitive. I enjoyed ever second of it though. I heard about the original 4 hour cut. I'd love to see that cut and would do socially unacceptable things given the opportunity to see it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

In one case where the extra time actually added to the experience was Alien 3, the theatre cut is almost awful but the extra 30 minutes in the directors cut makes it feel like a complete film. Then you have LOTR: Return of the King whose theatre cut already ended fifteen times and didn't need an extra hour plus and while it helped the first two (especially Two Towers) it made me hate Return of the King that much more.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Matt wtf are you watching Apocalypse Now. Stop watching all these other shitty movies and watch a GOAT.
    I've watched some GOATs. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight is probably the greatest trilogy ever. I'll get around to Apocalypse Now soon, when Oscar season is over. Just watching a bunch of random films because I have a free trial for Netflix because I'm too poor to have Netflix. How long did it take you to finally watch The Conversation, again? Four years? lol

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wolf is one of those films were you hardly feel the 3 hour run time. There were only two scenes in the entire film that felt padded/drawn out. Outside of those scenes, the film moves at a very quick pace.

A recent example of a film where I really felt the 3 hour run time was Django Unchained - I loved the film, but sometimes it just seemed to go on forever.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've watched some GOATs. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight is probably the greatest trilogy ever. I'll get around to Apocalypse Now soon, when Oscar season is over. Just watching a bunch of random films because I have a free trial for Netflix because I'm too poor to have Netflix. How long did it take you to finally watch The Conversation, again? Four years? lol
    Greatest trilogy ever? Not sure about that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They are fantastic. That is you don't mind seeing two people talking in practically real time for the entire length of the trilogy. What makes it possibly the greatest trilogy is there is no weak point, there is no 'meh' film out of the three and they finish the trilogy off with a film that is just simply better than the previous two which is something you can't say about most trilogies out there, even The Godfather. The only trilogies that are in the league of Linklatter's 'Before' trilogy would be The Godfather and probably Nolan's Batman films.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Ricky, fantastic review! That being said, your review pisses me off because it makes me want to see Blue Jasmine now.

I wasn't planning on seeing it (not any time soon at least), but now I almost have to. Kudos.
    my feelings exactly. I am beginning to hate anyone who comes up with a brilliant review of a film or a book. Unless they attach a time-suspender to their post, it's all useless.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I watched Blue Jasmine last night... and I didn't care for it at all. The entire film just bored me. I'm also not a huge fan of Woody Allen's films, so I'm sure that played a role. I will say however that Cate was wonderful in the film. Mike I'll be quite curious to know if you like it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather be crazy. "Oh no, that day doesn't work. That's my colonoscopy prep day and that's always very special to me."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Heather.
    I know. It's really making me less enthusiastic to watch more of the Oscar nominated films.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather be crazy. "Oh no, that day doesn't work. That's my colonoscopy prep day and that's always very special to me."
    I loved that one.

"God, who do I have to sleep around here to get a Stoli martini with a twist of lemon?"

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I know. It's really making me less enthusiastic to watch more of the Oscar nominated films.
    I know what you mean, though. Some of the Oscar-nominated movies I just don't understand. Like Beasts of the Southern Wild last year. I will never understand why or how that was nominated for BP.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved that one.

"God, who do I have to sleep around here to get a Stoli martini with a twist of lemon?"

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I know what you mean, though. Some of the Oscar-nominated movies I just don't understand. Like Beasts of the Southern Wild last year. I will never understand why or how that was nominated for BP.
    Don't get me started on Beasts, Ricky.

I watched Nebraska the other day and really enjoyed it. Way more than I was expecting.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael, how sad was the hat in Nebraska? Easily one of the shots that stuck with me the most. Will Forte delivered an incredibly subtle performance that I surely wasn't expecting from MacGruber. I can't say I enjoyed Nebraska any more or less than I was expecting since Alexander Payne is the man and everything he's made has been great. He's flawless at depicting regular people dealing with life changes. It's funny I watched both Nebraska and Philomena in the same day, as both are about a road trip with an elderly person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 441 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast