Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 441 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Limitless 7.5

Tells a story of a pill you can take that lets you use 100% of your brain.

I struggled with this, as I loved the premise and the start of the film. And all told the actual film itself wasn't to bad, the problem was the film didn't use itself to its full potential.

i have placed in spoilers as I am unsure what would be classed as a spoiler in my rambling

Spoiler:
    What started out as a very clever and innovative idea turns into the typical gangster/drug film. The main character and then the people he 'deals' to are portrayed as nothing more than drug addicts - and while I understood and welcomed this (as it showed that everything, even what seems to be a miracle, comes at a price) it never really developed the brain usage part of the story line. All that happens is they become very intelligent and able to see solutions to puzzles as opposed to the fact if you actually used 100% of your brain you could acheive a lot more than being able to read the stock market

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Conan the Barbarian 7.5/10

First off, this was not better than the original. Let me just get that straight. On the other hand it was 10 times better than that shitty sequel they put out. It took some cues from the books of course, and maybe a little bit from the first movie, but all in all it was a damn good movie. It had it's flaws of course but I personally could overlook those. Jason Momoa was a badass as Conan. And of course we had Ron Perlman as Conan's dad which was epic. All in all i would recommend seeing it if you are a fan of action packed bloody r rated sword and sandal movies.

One more thing though. Why the Hell
    Spoiler:
    was Morgan Freeman the narrator.
    If you love me then love me..

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Limitless 8/10
    Very good flick, loved the ending!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Conan the Barbarian 7.5/10

First off, this was not better than the original. Let me just get that straight. On the other hand it was 10 times better than that shitty sequel they put out. It took some cues from the books of course, and maybe a little bit from the first movie, but all in all it was a damn good movie. It had it's flaws of course but I personally could overlook those. Jason Momoa was a badass as Conan. And of course we had Ron Perlman as Conan's dad which was epic. All in all i would recommend seeing it if you are a fan of action packed bloody r rated sword and sandal movies.

One more thing though. Why the Hell
    Spoiler:
    was Morgan Freeman the narrator.
    I would agree. I just saw it a couple of hours ago and it was good and encouraging for the anticipated sequel. Overall, the movie seemed to pay enough homage to the first two movies/themes and go from there. A few things lacking were the originals treatment of Conan and how he got to be a grade "A" warrior. I thought the whole "wheel and Gladiator" scenes from the original were better than this sequels "Morgan Freeman" narrative. However, there were enough "nods" to the original and plenty of swords and blood to run with. Mamoa was great and believable. I guess I would reserve overall judgement until the next.

They got off to a start OK. Now can they sustain it?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spy Kids 4 - in 4D 8/10

Like King and Spielberg, Rodriguez remembers exactly what it was like being a kid. So his kid's films are packed with awesome gadgets, gross out gags and plenty of action. I've loved all the Spy Kids movies and this one wasn't a disappointment. I was a bit dubious about a new brother and sister team being the main focus, but they were great and besides, Carmen and Juni had considerable cameos. Jessica Alba redeemed herself for her less than believable role in Machete and Ricky Gervais got most of the laughs voicing a certain character.

The "4D" element was a scratch and sniff card you take into the movie with you, it had eight panels that you were prompted to scratch and sniff at certain points in the film, although most of the audience hesitated when one of the characters farted and a scratch prompt popped up on screen

I loved it, the kids loved it and my husband stayed awake for the whole film, which is a testament in itself!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember when I was little and went to see the first one. Seems like forever!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Spy Kids 4 - in 4D 8/10

Like King and Spielberg, Rodriguez remembers exactly what it was like being a kid. So his kid's films are packed with awesome gadgets, gross out gags and plenty of action. I've loved all the Spy Kids movies and this one wasn't a disappointment. I was a bit dubious about a new brother and sister team being the main focus, but they were great and besides, Carmen and Juni had considerable cameos. Jessica Alba redeemed herself for her less than believable role in Machete and Ricky Gervais got most of the laughs voicing a certain character.

The "4D" element was a scratch and sniff card you take into the movie with you, it had eight panels that you were prompted to scratch and sniff at certain points in the film, although most of the audience hesitated when one of the characters farted and a scratch prompt popped up on screen

I loved it, the kids loved it and my husband stayed awake for the whole film, which is a testament in itself!
    That reminds me of the old films that had "Smell-O-Vision" in the past along with the original 3D movies with red and blue glasses. will have to take my kids to that one.

As far as X-Men first class goes. I liked the movie as a stand alone film but, I found some time line issues with it. If it was supposed to be before the happenings in X-Men Wolverine then there are a lot of things that I have questions about but that is just my opinion.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Let the right one in 8/10

A stunning beautiful film, that only slightly disappointed after readin the book. However, I thought the casting of Eli was just perfect.

I had slight issues that Oskar had a permantly runny nose (I have a phobia of snot <-- true story) and I was a little unsure when they skipped huge (and to me integral) parts of the book itself, however in regards to the story of Oskar and Eli I loved it.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mystima, do it! My older kids (not massively old - 13 and 8 ) are really good with movie watching, but my youngest, who is 6, gets very fidgety - however, Rodriguez is attune to that and there aren't any moments where the kid's attention wanders, even the sentimental bits were action packed enough to divert them

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

True Grit 9/10

I don't get wordy with my reviews. However, I watched this movie Friday and Saturday nights.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, you must watch this movie Pontypool...halfway through, so far it is TOTALLY you're kind of horror.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just looked it up, sounds very much like you are right! Will try to find it tomorrow

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh Damn that was a good movie. Real old school horror; great atmosphere and they definitely followed less is more. Not really a bad thing I can say about this movie, the main character was the strong, the supporting actors were good, dialogue is basically what fueled the movie and it was all well done.

It's a local movie. The town of Pontypool is about an hour away from me, it's very small and very isolated. So this movie is so much cooler to me because they talk about places and towns and such that I've known most of my life. Very cool aspect to me.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dead Man's Shoes

Another great film by Shane Meadows. The revenge film is a tired genre, but Meadows here really puts some life into it. There's a real exploration of what it means to take revenge, as all the characters are made three dimensional, true to life. At times we side with the main character, at others we may find it difficult to sympathise with him, before we're back to siding with him again. The dialogue is great, and there's some fantastic build up to the violence. This isn't a bloody, no-hold-barred ultra-violence fest. This is something better: this is the kind of violence that is so grounded in reality, we feel the tension building up towards it, and it becomes almost unbearable at times. Lead actor Paddy Considine is what sells it all, I think, as his performance is absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed Michael Caine's Harry Brown a great deal, but this is a far superior British revenge movie in every way. Now feeling compelled to check out more from both Meadows and Considine. 9/10
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Paddy Considine is so brilliant! Have you seen In America? It's a fantastic film that he's also perfect in

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hobo With a Shotgun

I feel like giving this movie a numerical rating would be missing the point. It's crazed. It has some of the most quotable dialog and bombastic situations I've ever seen. Watch it with some like-minded (I.e., seriously disturbed) friends and it'll be a party.

"Mother Theresa was a goddamn saint!"
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Oh Damn that was a good movie. Real old school horror; great atmosphere and they definitely followed less is more. Not really a bad thing I can say about this movie, the main character was the strong, the supporting actors were good, dialogue is basically what fueled the movie and it was all well done.

It's a local movie. The town of Pontypool is about an hour away from me, it's very small and very isolated. So this movie is so much cooler to me because they talk about places and towns and such that I've known most of my life. Very cool aspect to me.
    have just finished watching - fucking brilliant. I am really impressed. I wish they would try to show nothing at all, though, not even

Spoiler:
    bloody mouths or zombies behind the door and glass wall

and developed the verbal part some more instead. But it's awesome enough as it is, anyway!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's another film added to the list that I need to check out, then!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hmmm, you guys have me intrigued. I'll have to check it out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, me three. Does netflix have it in their library ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nope I checked the other day, it's just in the saved section right now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I just saw that. Mierda.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

have just finished watching - fucking brilliant. I am really impressed. I wish they would try to show nothing at all, though, not even

Spoiler:
    bloody mouths or zombies behind the door and glass wall

and developed the verbal part some more instead. But it's awesome enough as it is, anyway!
    My brother's girlfriend was seriously creeped out by the movie. I wish more horrors would take an approach to this. I loved
    Spoiler:
    Frank in the sunshine chopper and how you're forced to imagine everything from his words. His description of the zombies seemings as if they want to get inside the other people, the one who saw him who had the baby noises coming from him. I'm still trying to figure out the importance of the French Riot Police and/or military and the whole angle with Nigel from BBC, who was asking about terrorism from separtists in the country. There were signs of honey (an infected word) the lost cat all over town and people were talking about it and french and other languages were not affected by it. It could be said it actually was a terrorist attack. Or it could merely be supernatural or a force actually trying to take us over through lanaguage.
    That's what I love about movies like this; there isn't really any direct answers for why and there really shouldn't be. To answer why would be to take away the mystery behind it which removes the horror of it. I'm going to watch Pontypool again in a few days when I get it back from my bad, movie freaking rules.

Just when I was really starting to give up on horror movies for the most part I've seen some good ones recently. I can only hope Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is worth my money to see it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's up on youtube if you guys want to watch it.

Awww, excellent! Thank you.
    And I went to see Don't Be Afraid of the Dark this past weekend. It was enjoyable, but not much more. I wouldn't rush to see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 441 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast