Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 441 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, if we're talking about one and the same RoboCop - it was about 20 years ago

I don't really hate SciFi or action, provided it is done well. The problem is, it usually isn't. The same as with fantasy - the authors seem to think that it being fantasy/SciFi/Action is already enough.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe you just haven't been reading the right stuff. There is a lot of great sci fi out there.

Do agree with you on the fantasy genre though.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Maybe you just haven't been reading the right stuff. There is a lot of great sci fi out there.
    I adored SciFi when I was a kid, and I still tend to like it, but we're talking films now, not books. I seem to have created some confusion when I said "authors".

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, if we're talking about one and the same RoboCop - it was about 20 years ago

I don't really hate SciFi or action, provided it is done well. The problem is, it usually isn't. The same as with fantasy - the authors seem to think that it being fantasy/SciFi/Action is already enough.
    This is why RoboCop and Total Recall are 2 of my favourite scifi action films: because amidst all the bloody violence, there's also plenty of themes and allegory within.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    There's only a few Arnie films that I always have fun watching
    One that I really enjoyed was Eraser. Generally I'm not the type of person to enjoy watching those actiony, explosive, shoot-'em-up movies all the time, but just like with Chuck Palahniuk novels, when I'm in the mood for that type of film, I know where to look.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread is making me want to go back and watch both Total Recall and Robocop. It's been years since I've seen them both.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I heartily recommend doing so, my friend. Especially RoboCop, which is for the moment, the closest thing to a great, authentic Judge Dredd movie out there.

- Melike

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "The Campaign" today. Very funny, and sadly too close to reality in American politics. An outright slam on Super Pac's, skewed political ads, the media-old school and new social media, the movie hits left and right where it deservedly should hurt.
    Short and sweet, and funny-not all the bits were given away in previews. A predictable and maudlin ending kept it from being superior. 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

P.S. if anyone here ever gets a child of mine to call them "daddy"-
    Spoiler:
    I will fuck their wife

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I generally hate sci-fi with rare exceptions. Those exceptions are just great all around movies or books, imo. Total Recall is definitely fantastic almost as great as the Philip K. Dick story it's based on We Can Remember It for you Wholesale. For those of you who haven't read it already, fucking get on with it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I generally hate sci-fi with rare exceptions. Those exceptions are just great all around movies or books, imo. Total Recall is definitely fantastic almost as great as the Philip K. Dick story it's based on We Can Remember It for you Wholesale. For those of you who haven't read it already, fucking get on with it.
    P. Dick wrote tons of stories that were great. Many were adapted to film.

Films

Blade Runner (1982)
    Based on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Screamers (1995)
    Based on "Second Variety"

Total Recall (1990)
    Based on "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale"

Confessions d'un Barjo (French, 1992)
    Based on "Confessions of a Crap Artist"

Impostor (2001)
    Based on "Impostor."

Minority Report (2002)
    Based on "The Minority Report."

Paycheck (December 25, 2003)
    Based on "Paycheck."

A Scanner Darkly (July 7, 2006)
    Based on "A Scanner Darkly"

Next (April 27, 2007)
    Based on "The Golden Man"

Films in Production

The Adjustment Bureau (coming 2010)
    Based on "The Adjustment Team"

King of the Elves (coming 2012)
    Based on "King of the Elves"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I happened on a DYI show that is called "Hollywood Builders" which gave a "behind the scenes" look at the new "Total Recall"from the perspective of the set-builders, decorators, etc. Initially, I had zero interest in seeing this new flick, but after watching this episode well, my interest is piqued!!! Look it up, you will not regret it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Until yesterdy I didn't know there was a new Total Recall.

Jerome, Philip K. Dick is one of those rare sci fi authors I love and I've read quite a bit of his stuff. I did not realize there were quite that many adaptations of his stories though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know he wrote The Adjustment Bureau...that's probaby why the movie was decent till it all got all Hollywood. Minority Report rules.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Fourth Kind: It was fairly well acted and written and interestingly compiled with all the 'archive' footage etc. I allowed for the suspension of disbelief in that this was really a true story. I wasn't expecting what I got and I suppose that is why I enjoyed it. It had some creepiness (the scene with the rotating camera and the owl's whose eyes follow still ruled) but told a much more dramatic story than I assumed it would. On the surface it was about alien abductions, in a sense, or at least some fashion of extraterrestrial being or perhaps interdimensional being; but beneath it was about a family in denial, broken due to these encounters of the fourth kind. I was expecting more of a horror movie than I got, and in that respect I'm disappointed, then again I got a better calibre drama than I was expecting, so how to rate this movie is difficult to say. I think I'll settle with a 3/5

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved that movie. It seriously creeped me out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping the new Robocop is better than the new Total Recall. It was so bad I don't even know where to begin. It was so different from the original, they should have just named it something else. Oh well. I really like Colin Farrell. It's unfortunate he keeps failing at the box office.

I actually enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau. I thought Damn and Blunt had great chemistry and that the love story was pretty good. There might have been too much love story for the people looking for a true Sci-fi romp. I love Minority Report. One of the better Sci-fi films of the past 20 years.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

have just watched Jurassic Park

had to fast-forward most of it, especially towards the end

when I watched it many years ago, it was passably mediocre; now after the book it's totally unendurable

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Expendables II" yesterday. Exactly what one would expect-predictable, incoherent plot fraught with mistakes, a body count in the 4 figures, much like popcorn-you eat it and it gets stuck in your teeth.
    3/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm hoping the new Robocop is better than the new Total Recall. It was so bad I don't even know where to begin. It was so different from the original, they should have just named it something else. Oh well. I really like Colin Farrell. It's unfortunate he keeps failing at the box office.
    Honestly, while I'm hoping I'm wrong, I think that the new Dredd film will be a lot closer in spirit to RoboCop than the remake will, just as the original was a lot closer to the spirit of the Judge Dredd comics than the Stallone film was. If I hear that, like the TR remake, the new RoboCop will be rated PG-13, then I'll know it's bad.

- Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau. I thought Damn and Blunt had great chemistry and that the love story was pretty good. There might have been too much love story for the people looking for a true Sci-fi romp. I love Minority Report. One of the better Sci-fi films of the past 20 years.

The performances by Damon, Blunt and Slattery saved the film from being a complete flop. Generic, hollywood crap by the end, the themes never developed or explored, and the chance for a real great ending, making it a great movie, was totally missed.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Honestly, while I'm hoping I'm wrong, I think that the new Dredd film will be a lot closer in spirit to RoboCop than the remake will, just as the original was a lot closer to the spirit of the Judge Dredd comics than the Stallone film was. If I hear that, like the TR remake, the new RoboCop will be rated PG-13, then I'll know it's bad.
    Yeah, if the new Robocop gets a PG-13 rating slapped on, it's fucked.

Also, one more month for Dredd !

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Better than that for UK folk: just 18 days left. Not long at all!

Spoiler:
    Kidding! 18 days is, of course, way too fucking long!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

when I watched it many years ago, it was passably mediocre; now after the book it's totally unendurable
    Well that's a shame. I love that movie. And I thought you might like it more after reading the book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default re: Jurassic Park

I read the book when it was first published. Liked it a lot. I watched the movie when it first came out, and I thought it was very enjoyable. Great SFX and I am a fan of Sam Neill. Plus, any movie where a lawyer gets eaten by a dinosaur is top notch entertainment!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 441 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast