Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 388 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Personally I don't think that happens most times.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Do prices for S/L frequently jump right after release and then drop off a little over the next 6 months or year? I.e. cover price is 450, sell for 600 on eBay at release and for a while after, then drop/level off around 500 or something over the next year? I would guess so but haven't paid enough attention to be sure.
    I am one of the only ones on here who has the patience to wait a year, and then I get mine for below issue price.
    I would agree but you do not seem the type to want a book that is not perfect. I know I am not and I also know you will not get a perfect S/L of the Shinning below issue price.... ya gotta agree with me on that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would agree but you do not seem the type to want a book that is not perfect. I know I am not and I also know you will not get a perfect S/L of the Shinning below issue price.... ya gotta agree with me on that.
    Ask me again in a year's time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL well said my good man... well said...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm honestly interested if you were able to attain IT in that fashion. If so, congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    I'm honestly interested if you were able to attain IT in that fashion. If so, congrats!
    I'm dishonestly interested.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What's a good price for the s/l he is legend with slipcase and the extra chapbook it looks like it came with. Not sure if it's a chapbook or just an art book or something.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    What's a good price for the s/l he is legend with slipcase and the extra chapbook it looks like it came with. Not sure if it's a chapbook or just an art book or something.
    Here's what they sold for at Betts:

#not stated - $125
    #55 - $150
    #734 - $150
    #26 - $175

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

#not stated - $125
    #55 - $150
    #734 - $150
    #26 - $175
    Depends......I recently sold two, 1 for $265 shipped, and 1 for $210 shipped.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

I'm only stating Betts sales. That's the only ones I keep track of.

Edit:
    Also remember that David has to get his commission from that price, so the seller actually does not even get that amount.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

#not stated - $125
    #55 - $150
    #734 - $150
    #26 - $175
    Depends......I recently sold two, 1 for $265 shipped, and 1 for $210 shipped.

Mulleins
    This is closer to my thinking. If I was in the market for one I would probably try to get it down close to $200 but not over $250.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm more interested in what the "chapbook" was.

edit: I see Dan answered that in the "Intriguing" thread.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Do prices for S/L frequently jump right after release and then drop off a little over the next 6 months or year? I.e. cover price is 450, sell for 600 on eBay at release and for a while after, then drop/level off around 500 or something over the next year? I would guess so but haven't paid enough attention to be sure.
    I am one of the only ones on here who has the patience to wait a year, and then I get mine for below issue price.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    How did that work out on Joyland?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found these two at an extremely reasonable price today ($50 and $25). Not sure what the seller was thinking, but I'm guessing they are worth more than that. Both are US First Printings. Clean blocks. No writing at all, with the exception of a ghost number (previous price?) on the first endpaper corner. Long Walk has a noticeable stain on the back cover that does penetrate to the inside of the back cover, but does not pass onto the last endpaper. Regarding the spines, both could pass for unread or gently read.

Pictures aren't great. Sorry about that. Worth????

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Awesome Score

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great ! I don't think the seller was thinking...at all...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I found these two at an extremely reasonable price today ($50 and $25). Not sure what the seller was thinking, but I'm guessing they are worth more than that. Both are US First Printings. Clean blocks. No writing at all, with the exception of a ghost number (previous price?) on the first endpaper corner. Long Walk has a noticeable stain on the back cover that does penetrate to the inside of the back cover, but does not pass onto the last endpaper. Regarding the spines, both could pass for unread or gently read.
    Pictures aren't great. Sorry about that. Worth????
    More than what you paid for them.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing! TLW has been selling around $70 for better condition, but Rage has been going for way higher recently ($250 - $400) usually in similar or worse condition.

Great score!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I need The Long Walk if selling.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Fantastic find! Was it from eBay?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What would a US Carrie, 1st edition, 2d printing be worth?
    Assuming it's in good condition.

sk

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I need The Long Walk if selling.

Mulleins
    This is my first copy of TLW, so I likely won't be selling it. Cry pardon.

I've got a lesser-condition copy of Rage that I may put on the market one day. It's so hard to part ways with these little rarities!

I bought them at a community book fair event. It was from a dealer who's hardcovers (King, Laymon, Koontz, etc.) were seemingly market-priced or higher and who obviously took the time to bag these two and affix prices that are well above a normal paperback. So, I assume he had some idea as to the value, but still greatly under-priced them. Knowing I can sell just one and still double or triple my investment is satisfying.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Very little.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

sk
    Very little.
    How do you identify a second printing?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sk
    How do you know it's a 2nd printing? Does it have a number line?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 388 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast