Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 972 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 899 949 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Of course I don't know the man on a personal level but I guess you can still admire a person from afar. If I'm misinformed about Mr. Washington's character as a person, please educate me...
    Nothing there was left or right, conservative or liberal, not taking the bait on any individual or issue - just logical. Seems like a very intelligent person.
    Denzel and Morgan freeman are both big proponents of logical thinking. Freeman’s opinions on racism, for me, are exactly right. Racism isn’t going away unless we stop making a massive deal about it and the media sure as hell isnt going to do that. Just look at the bubba Wallace noose bullshit. Or jussie smollet. A garage door pull is now a noose? Come on.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Of course I don't know the man on a personal level but I guess you can still admire a person from afar. If I'm misinformed about Mr. Washington's character as a person, please educate me...
    Nothing there was left or right, conservative or liberal, not taking the bait on any individual or issue - just logical. Seems like a very intelligent person.
    Denzel and Morgan freeman are both big proponents of logical thinking. Freeman’s opinions on racism, for me, are exactly right. Racism isn’t going away unless we stop making a massive deal about it...
    Does Playing Malcolm X (Washington) or Narrating a 4 hour documentary about how slavery built America Slavery and the Making of America like Morgan did in 2005 constitute making a "massive big deal out of it"? Freeman has also dedicated his social platforms to let people share their experiences with racism.

Morgan Freeman to share people’s experiences of racism on his social platforms

"I'll dedicate my platforms to amplify your voice"

Is that making a "massive big deal out of it"? Just curious.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thank God someone especially woke and brave was here to call out Kingfan24 for praising logical thinking...
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thank God someone especially woke and brave was here to call out Kingfan24 for praising logical thinking...
    You're welcome, Rob.

I was actually trying to get a grasp on what Nick meant by not making a "massive big deal out of it". He connected this with some other issues. Also what exactly is "it"?

I wasn't actually going to bring this up because I don't know how many folks here agree with Denzel on this one but he does not support gay marriage, which, is rather illogical to me. But since Rob loves me so much I thought I'd share that too. You're welcome again, Rob.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You're welcome, Rob.

I was actually trying to get a grasp on what Nick meant by not making a "massive big deal out of it". He connected this with some other issues. Also what exactly is "it"?
    I would consider “it” to be calling just about anything racist right now. In the case of NASCAR, the media immediately jumped to the conclusion that a racist act occurred before anyone bothered to even look into it and discover the fact that there was absolutely no wrongdoing by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    You're welcome, Rob.

I would consider “it” to be calling just about anything racist right now. In the case of NASCAR, the media immediately jumped to the conclusion that a racist act occurred before anyone bothered to even look into it and discover the fact that there was absolutely no wrongdoing by anyone.
    Well NASCAR was the one that initially called Wallace about it. The FBI investigated and it is a bit confusing because they still refer to the rope as being fashioned into a noose but that it was not intended for Bubba. I can understand how some black folks are a bit jumpy when it comes to nooses (the song "Strange Fruit" comes to mind). If this was the way a typical pull rope looks, one would think NASCAR would have recognized it immediately. So really, if no wrong doing was done here, I kind of blame NASCAR for this more than anybody.

What this has to do with Denzel and Morgan I'm still trying to figure out.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wasn't actually going to bring this up because I don't know how many folks here agree with Denzel on this one but he does not support gay marriage, which, is rather illogical to me.
    To me as well.

But since Rob loves me so much I thought I'd share that too. You're welcome again, Rob.
    It's probably too early for us to order the flowers, but I'll accept this.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

I wasn't actually going to bring this up because I don't know how many folks here agree with Denzel on this one but he does not support gay marriage, which, is rather illogical to me.
    To me as well.

But since Rob loves me so much I thought I'd share that too. You're welcome again, Rob.
    It's probably too early for us to order the flowers, but I'll accept this.
    My colors are blush and bashful....

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Denzel and Morgan freeman are both big proponents of logical thinking. Freeman’s opinions on racism, for me, are exactly right. Racism isn’t going away unless we stop making a massive deal about it and the media sure as hell isnt going to do that. Just look at the bubba Wallace noose bullshit. Or jussie smollet. A garage door pull is now a noose? Come on.
    Racism is a problem because the issues that it stems from are not being discussed. Am I to assume that your thought is to just not acknowledge that there is a racial disparity in the United States?

Your thought that the systematic murder of black men (without consequence) is something the media is "making a big deal about"?

Anyone remember this statue? It was a bit problematic as they say and had to be covered. There was still a noticeable "bulge" even when covered.

And this scary statue of Lucille Ball had to be replaced because it was giving people nightmares....

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Racism is a problem because the issues that it stems from are not being discussed. Am I to assume that your thought is to just not acknowledge that there is a racial disparity in the United States?

Your thought that the systematic murder of black men (without consequence) is something the media is "making a big deal about"?
    See this is a part of what I was trying to suss out. It's almost as if Nick was saying if we simply don't talk about racism, it will go away on it's own.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Holy shit is this a giant false statement:

Racism is a problem because the issues that it stems from are not being discussed.
    Racism (along with its "root causes") has been discussed my entire life, it was discussed when MLK Jr. had the country's ear, and everything during, and leading up to, the civil rights movement. Aside from civil rights-specific contexts, every demographically oriented political analysis ultimately had to mention high Democrat voting rates among blacks, and every analysis of that fact boiled down to their unique needs, perspectives, and past - 99% of which boiled down to racism, and therefore the issues behind it. It has quite literally always been discussed prominently.

If you want to take issue with Kingfan24's contention about "making a big deal of it," you should start with something not so transparently bogus.

With racism in America, the most basic fact is that as its impact has shrunk, the furor surrounding it has actually grown (which tells us something, and not something good, about media, technology, the victimhood industry, and the American left).

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And this scary statue of Lucille Ball had to be replaced because it was giving people nightmares....

" I guess you'll take your medicine now. Goddamn puppy. Whelp. Come on and take your medicine"
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

With racism in America, the most basic fact is that as its impact has shrunk
    Arguably one of the most uneducated things I've ever read in my life.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Again, not speaking for Kingfan24, but for me, the idea isn't "don't talk about racism," it's "for fuck's sake, given that racism is actually an important topic, try to be intelligent about it if you do discuss it," by which I mean:

- address specifics (actual police incidents, policies, etc.)

- don't draw global conclusions from specific incidents (the numbers show there is no police war on blacks)

- don't create/support slogans that disparage groups based on lazy "us/them" generalities ("All Cops Are Bastards," "pigs in a blanket; fry 'em like bacon," and who can forget Jokin' Joe/Sleepy Joe Biden's classic: "they want to put you back in chains")

- don't have an immediate backlash against a person or company when the facts of a case aren't clear

- don't try to get people fired for disagreeing with you about the fine points of something (yes, vote your Senator out if he's Robert Byrd, but he was an extreme case - as well as a Democrat)

- don't assume that every time a black encounters opposition or negativity, or is skipped over for something, that it is racially oriented (if a black doesn't get a head coaching job, an academy award, or receives criticism for telling a joke widely perceived to be offensive (hello, Trevor Noah!))

Pretending that every incident is the end of the world only weakens the case for those that actually hold significance, of which there are already too many.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome, Rob.

Well NASCAR was the one that initially called Wallace about it. The FBI investigated and it is a bit confusing because they still refer to the rope as being fashioned into a noose but that it was not intended for Bubba. I can understand how some black folks are a bit jumpy when it comes to nooses (the song "Strange Fruit" comes to mind). If this was the way a typical pull rope looks, one would think NASCAR would have recognized it immediately. So really, if no wrong doing was done here, I kind of blame NASCAR for this more than anybody.

I've been a NASCAR fan since I was a child and I'm very proud of how far the sport as come in the recent weeks. Especially rallying around and supporting Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr., their only full time black driver in the Cup Series. I agree that NASCAR jumped the gun on the incident over the weekend that turned out not to be an incident at all. My hope is that is doesn't take away from or distract what they've been trying to do of late. Of course it has on some level.

Racism isn't just going to go away if the media stops reporting on it I agree. But also think we can agree that the media loves dropping napalm on forest fires. Ratings, ratings, ratings......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe that's because what you quoted isn't even a statement.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...the media loves dropping napalm on forest fires. Ratings, ratings, ratings......
    Absolutely.

Again, not speaking for Kingfan24, but for me, the idea isn't "don't talk about racism," it's "for fuck's sake, given that racism is actually an important topic, try to be intelligent about it if you do discuss it," by which I mean:

- address specifics (actual police incidents, policies, etc.)

- don't draw global conclusions from specific incidents (the numbers show there is no police war on blacks)

- don't create/support slogans that disparage groups based on lazy "us/them" generalities ("All Cops Are Bastards," "pigs in a blanket; fry 'em like bacon," and who can forget Jokin' Joe/Sleepy Joe Biden's classic: "they want to put you back in chains")

- don't have an immediate backlash against a person or company when the facts of a case aren't clear

- don't try to get people fired for disagreeing with you about the fine points of something (yes, vote your Senator out if he's Robert Byrd, but he was an extreme case - as well as a Democrat)

- don't assume that every time a black encounters opposition or negativity, or is skipped over for something, that it is racially oriented (if a black doesn't get a head coaching job, an academy award, or receives criticism for telling a joke widely perceived to be offensive (hello, Trevor Noah!))

Pretending that every incident is the end of the world only weakens the case for those that actually hold significance, of which there are already too many.
    One specific incident that has gone by the wayside a bit is that the three men that murdered Breonna Taylor in her home while she was sleeping are still walking around free. Over 8 million have signed a petition to have these officers arrested.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think one beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy
    The numbers show there is no police war on blacks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, who doesn't remember learning that the Civil Rights Act was passed randomly in 1964 after black people finally just Stopped Making A Massive Deal About It

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I think one beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy
    The numbers show there is no police war on blacks.
    Good one. That didn't take long to top.

You're welcome, Rob.

I've been a NASCAR fan since I was a child and I'm very proud of how far the sport as come in the recent weeks. Especially rallying around and supporting Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr., their only full time black driver in the Cup Series. I agree that NASCAR jumped the gun on the incident over the weekend that turned out not to be an incident at all. My hope is that is doesn't take away from or distract what they've been trying to do of late. Of course it has on some level.

Racism isn't just going to go away if the media stops reporting on it I agree. But also think we can agree that the media loves dropping napalm on forest fires. Ratings, ratings, ratings......
    The more I read about this, the more it really does seem that Bubba is a victim here. He never even got to see the noose (FBI still calls it that). But assholes on Social Media are comparing him to Jussie Smollett. NASCAR should come out and defend him against what the uninformed are saying about him right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 972 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 899 949 ... LastLast