• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 321 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    No but I've watched some let's plays. It's definitely good. But Thief was revolutionary. That word gets tossed around but in this case it's actually true. The original game came out in 1998 and fan missions are still being made and played to this day, 22 years later! And just from an overall design aesthetic it's never been matched, in my opinion. The mood and sound design is otherworldly and again unmatched in games. If one never played it back when it originally came out, I understand looking back and playing it now is a different experience. But it's like movies. Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai are rightly often called the best films ever made because they are, despite the limitations of their age. So we have to appreciate them and not compare to new movies because filming technologies and acting styles were so different back then.
    Ironically enough, The Last of Us has been referred to as the Citizen Kane of gaming lol.

I was marginally interested in Thief back when the 2014 was first announced, but it looks like a less lively, less fun version of Dishonored.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    No but I've watched some let's plays. It's definitely good. But Thief was revolutionary. That word gets tossed around but in this case it's actually true. The original game came out in 1998 and fan missions are still being made and played to this day, 22 years later! And just from an overall design aesthetic it's never been matched, in my opinion. The mood and sound design is otherworldly and again unmatched in games. If one never played it back when it originally came out, I understand looking back and playing it now is a different experience. But it's like movies. Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai are rightly often called the best films ever made because they are, despite the limitations of their age. So we have to appreciate them and not compare to new movies because filming technologies and acting styles were so different back then.
    Ironically enough, The Last of Us has been referred to as the Citizen Kane of gaming lol.

I was marginally interested in Thief back when the 2014 was first announced, but it looks like a less lively, less fun version of Dishonored.
    It's funny you mention Dishonored, it turns out the same studio that made Theif made Dishonored.

Mae, thank you for sharing. That was fantastic and had great production values.

The only bone I will pick is they essentially give Thief, along with Metal Gear Solid, credit for innovating the stealth genre. I wish they would have mentioned Tenchu, a personal favorite of mine on the PS1 and a really under-appreciated game. Both Tenchu and Thief share a lot of gameplay similarities and I would say they both equally impacted the genre and both came out the same year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Mae, thank you for sharing. That was fantastic and had great production values.

The only bone I will pick is they essentially give Thief, along with Metal Gear Solid, credit for innovating the stealth genre. I wish they would have mentioned Tenchu, a personal favorite of mine on the PS1 and a really under-appreciated game. Both Tenchu and Thief share a lot of gameplay similarities and I would say they both equally impacted the genre and both came out the same year.
    You're very welcome. This was a (very brief) history of how Thief came to be, not an in-depth history of stealth games. I think I may have posted something to that effect in this very thread actually.

Also, if you're not itching to actually play the game, there is this amazing let's play of the original: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ER2kmDBtMCVXAk

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well GTA 5 may have made a shit ton of money but for me Spider man, god of war and Uncharted 4 are far far better games. there's a lot of things i don't like that have made a shit ton of money that i can't stand and GTA 5 the series just isn't my type of game that's all. i will prolly get FF7 though i had never played any of the games until i bought 15 last year and it's a decent game but i am really not that far anyways in it. and breath of the wild is also a far far better game as well though that' not my favorite Zelda game, for Zelda my favorite is the 1st one from the 80's as that's my favorite game of all time, next favorite Zelda game for me would i think would be either link to the past or link between worlds and after that would be twilight Princess. off topic did you guys and gals too see that Phil Spencer spoke about how the series x well he hinted at really that the series X may get delayed.

i forget how he actually put it to be honest. but i can totally see the series x and the PS5 not coming out this year if this shit continues and if things are back to normal come June or even July it's gonna take quite awhile for them to get back to where to working on the consoles again as they both don't want to rush them out either so that's why i say they won't release them this year but next year

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    well GTA 5 may have made a shit ton of money but for me Spider man, god of war and Uncharted 4 are far far better games. there's a lot of things i don't like that have made a shit ton of money that i can't stand and GTA 5 the series just isn't my type of game that's all. i will prolly get FF7 though i had never played any of the games until i bought 15 last year and it's a decent game but i am really not that far anyways in it. and breath of the wild is also a far far better game as well though that' not my favorite Zelda game, for Zelda my favorite is the 1st one from the 80's as that's my favorite game of all time, next favorite Zelda game for me would i think would be either link to the past or link between worlds and after that would be twilight Princess. off topic did you guys and gals too see that Phil Spencer spoke about how the series x well he hinted at really that the series X may get delayed.

i forget how he actually put it to be honest. but i can totally see the series x and the PS5 not coming out this year if this shit continues and if things are back to normal come June or even July it's gonna take quite awhile for them to get back to where to working on the consoles again as they both don't want to rush them out either so that's why i say they won't release them this year but next year
    Final Fantasy 7 changed my life. I have a long drawn out story about how it lead me here. It sparked my love of RPGs. That being said, I refuse to pay money for part 1 of a game. The end of the FF7 remake is essentially the end of the opening of the original game. You read that right.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for my Xbox One to arrive. Only 7 more days...though it could end up arriving in less. I've had a copy of Fallout 4 since I found a cheap used copy at EB two years ago so I'll definitely play that. I'm buying an older model, but it's brand new and still factory sealed and comes with a the ability to choose which game I want out of 4 choices. I was originally going to get Rise of the Tomb Raider because I really liked the reboot, but then I saw the Rare Replay was one of the options. While it's lacking the Donkey Kong games and Goldeneye due to licensing (I wish I could play Diddy Kong Racing!), it has so many classic games I have fond memories of included dating back nearly 40 years now....Jetpac, R.C Pro Am 1/2, Snake Rattle N' Roll, Battletoads, Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie...there are 30 games in total! Man, I can't wait to dig into this treasure trove of memories, and half the games I've never played.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

ACtually FUCK THAT! It apparently arrived today as the seller sent me an e-mail and asked if I'd gotten it because he got the alert it was delivered. Sure enough, that's what the shipping details says. Going to my mailbox to get the pick up ticket now

WHAT A LOVELY LOVELY DAY!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd dish out top dollar for a remastered version of Banjo-Kazooie. Fuck I love that game.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Playing the ever-loving shit out of the Resident Evil 2 remake. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. Well done.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My local post office pick up location was closed early today GODDAMNIT! I have to wait until Saturday now. Not that big of a deal since I expected to get it 7 days from now, but still sucks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Playing the ever-loving shit out of the Resident Evil 2 remake. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. Well done.

Hell yeah, that game is the shit. Unfortunately I read that RE3 can be beaten in a little under 6 hours.. there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for a game I can beat in 1 day so I'll wait for a holidays 2020 price drop.

Also, why do I never see your user name online anymore?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah, that game is the shit. Unfortunately I read that RE3 can be beaten in a little under 6 hours.. there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for a game I can beat in 1 day so I'll wait for a holidays 2020 price drop.

Try an hour and 17 minutes lol. That's my best time thus far.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's a gonna be a no for me dawg

I love the RE franchise but with everything going on, my pay was slashed by 15% so if I buy something it's gotta be worth it. Hell I bought Witcher 3 for $10 over Christmas and I could easily get about 300hrs of gameplay offa that if I so choose.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's a gonna be a no for me dawg

I love the RE franchise but with everything going on, my pay was slashed by 15% so if I buy something it's gotta be worth it. Hell I bought Witcher 3 for $10 over Christmas and I could easily get about 300hrs of gameplay offa that if I so choose.
    I hear ya. The value to me is because it's a sentimental favorite and I'll play it over and over. RE4 is my overall favorite and it still takes a bit to get through even after you're totally maxed out.

I still have to do my "no item box" run on RE3 so that'll take a minute. But agreed, much better value when it goes on sale.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

RE4 is an all time great that I'll make my grandchildren play some day. A perfect modern horror-shooter game. I think I own that game for like 4 different systems - Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4.

Do you game on PS or XB? If the former add on me on PSN, heisenfern.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

People on Xbox should add me MattrickBT. Might be a month or two before in online with a mic, but I've got a 30 day pass I'll be cashing in in a few weeks

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I make it so I appear offline. All the guys I used to play COD with want to do group chats. I love those guys, but if I'm playing something like Resident Evil, I can't have that noise in my ear.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

awwww yeah. My factory sealed Xbox One came in. Time to finally play Fallout 4 after hearing years about how much people hate it!

Country
    Country Flag

RE4 is an all time great that I'll make my grandchildren play some day. A perfect modern horror-shooter game. I think I own that game for like 4 different systems - Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4.

Do you game on PS or XB? If the former add on me on PSN, heisenfern.
    Will do! I'm on PS.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    People on Xbox should add me MattrickBT. Might be a month or two before in online with a mic, but I've got a 30 day pass I'll be cashing in in a few weeks

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just cleaned up on the final hours of the Xbox Spring sale... glad my console came early. I got

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition (all DLC)
    Tomb Raider Definitive
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (All DLC for both)
    Dead Island Collection
    Complete Telltale's The Walking Dead

All for about 100 CDN

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Also just signed up for game pass (only a buck for the first month) and only 6 bucks more than I'd pay for Xbox live anyways. Lots of games I intended to play available on there...Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition, Metro Exodus (and the redux of 2033 and Last Light), Rare Replay (since my code is expired), Halo 5, Gears of War 4, GTA 5 (I've played it, but want to replay it), Alien Isolation and some older games I missed like Resident Evil Revelation, MGS 3. I've got enough games available to last me a full year of hardcore gaming!

I forgot what this feeling is like!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot how good the first season of The Walking Dead was. The graphical upgrade looks fantastic too. I'm looking forward to doing my asshole run after my initial play through where I try to be the most pragmatic in terms of decisions. You can be SUCH an asshole in this game if you want to be, especially to Kenny. I remember
    Spoiler:
    letting Duck die in the first episode and then yelling at Kenny that it was his fault and then blaming him and then I made him cry and it was hilarious. Also left him all alone at the end of Season 2 hahaha. He's a great character but he's so pitiable if you treat him awfully...like you feel bad for him but he's just enough of a hothead that also easy to see his misery being his own fault.
    . I can't wait to actually get to Seasons 3 and 4. I heard mixed things about Season 3 and I know nothing about Season 4.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know a lot of people complained about playing as a different character in Season 3 of The Walking Dead, but it's been a pretty goddamn good story and I like the new characters quite a bit. I've got one episode left and I'm curious to see how it's going to wrap up and set up the final season.

Also, GTA 5 in first person is a totally different game. It's awesome.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I always enjoyed Telltale's game - walking dead, guardians of the galaxy, game of thrones, the wolf among us - but they were so god damn buggy that it would take me out of the game several times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 321 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast