Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Battlestar Galactica

OK, I cannot believe there is not a thread about this show!

Come on people!

Last night's episode was excellent.

Discuss.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=2708

I still haven't had a chance to watch the last 2 episodes, so I have a little catching up to do before I'll be able to discuss last night's episode.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the first about Battlestar Galactica, but I do know that Tricia Helfer is faahhhh-iiiiiineeee!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed she is.

You should check out the show...great story and great characters.

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I taped Friday's episode, but haven't taken the time to watch it just yet. I think I read online there won't be an episode next week? That kinda blows.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That is correct....two weeks until the next episode. Just like LOST.

Must be sweeps week or something.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i tried watching this. i didn't understand it.

Did you start from the beginning, or just jump in with a recent episode? Jumping in won't do you much good. You really gotta start with the mini series, and work your way to the present episodes.

Also, I almost don't mind that there's no Lost or BSG this week. I work the closing shift both Thursday and Friday this week, and don't want to miss the episodes. Of course, knowing my douchebag boss, I'll probably have lame shifts next week, too.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And it's going to be a long hiatus. From what I've read in the articles on the SciFi channel website, it won't be back until 2009.
    Seems like they're trying to milk the final season, but waiting until 2009 is also pushing their luck.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know right after the strike ended they starting filming at least some of the second half because there was some mention of Ron Moore actually directing his first episode of the show and I remember reading that is wasn't likely to air before 2009. I'm looking forward to that episode.

If the 2nd half of the season is as good as the 1st has been so far, it will be worth the wait, but you're right. It will tear a lot of us apart having to wait.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night's episode was so dissapointing!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I was thinking...I waited two weeks for this?!?!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well two weeks later, and tonight's episode was pretty damn good if you ask me!

The ending was VERY unexpected.

OK, so apparently they are now doing a mid-season break of some sort.

Anyone know when it will be back for the final episodes?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

I really can not stand long mid-season breaks. They're probably gonna make like season two when it comes to DVDs on this, and that sucks. I was a sucker and bought the two volumes of season two at retail, rather than a cheaper online price, because I didn't want to wait. With Razor, which I really consider to be a part of season two, the whole thing was like $100, twice what it should be.

But, either way, I'll pay it, because I love this show. Even though this season started really kind of weak, and pretty much stayed that way until the mid-season finale, which kicked a ton of ass.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been so tempted to go out and buy Razor, but I know it will be part of the Season Four DVD pack.

I could not agree with you more...the mid season finale did kick a ton of ass!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

has anyone been watching lately. would like your thoughts on the final cylon and what starbuck really is?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess that question has been answered.

Ellen Tigh.

I have to be honest, I found the last episode rather confusing.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The show has ended.

I found the final episode very bittersweet.

And while there were still a few unanswered questions, I truly feel it was one of the best shows on television.

For me, the remaining "must see" shows are Breaking Bad and Lost. Also like The Office and 30 Rock.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Daffy is on a distinguished road Daffy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best show on television is over and I feel a big hole where it was at. My wifey and I watched the original miniseries last Summer on a whim and since then had spent all our televsion time we could spare catching up with the series and caught up just in time to see the last shows as they aired.

I must say I watched the original show as a kid and the new Battlestar went far and beyond what the original show was, in fact at first I wasn't sure I even wanted to watch the new show because of a soft place in my heart for the original show. But I must say, this was the best show I have ever seen and any other television show will have to compare to this one from now on in my mind.

We are all Cylons! lol loved the ending!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bleh. I just got myself spoiled. Not spoiled like you spoil a kid, spoiled like no spoiler tag.

A few friends we had over for thanksgiving this year talked about the show and how much they missed it so I downloaded the whole thing. The miniseries, the 4 seasons, the movies, and even the webisodes that aired mid season. My wife and I do this a lot with shows that are good, and have been finished. I'll download it and we'll "powerwatch" the whole thing since there are no new shows for the winter or summer breaks.

Like some others have said, I was hesitant at first because of the memories I had of the original series. But I'm glad we gave it a shot. My wife had never seen the original, so when I said "Wait, Starbuck's a girl?" she didn't get it.

I have to say that I love this show. We're at the end of season 3 now. overall it's been great so far. There were a couple episodes that stood out as bad, but all the rest are really good. The flow is good and they keep you interested so you want to keep watching.

One that stands out as bad what is season 3. There was a disease flying around and several people that should had been given the vaccine still died. The show itself was good, but did not fit the flow of the series or really have anything to do with overall plot.

I can't wait to get to the end of it. Wish I didn't read the "we're all cylons" thing in the previous post
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I can't wait to get to the end of it. Wish I didn't read the "we're all cylons" thing in the previous post
    You might have seen it for yourself by now, but if you haven't, don't worry. It's not quite what it might seem.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wife and I finished the series yesterday.

Even though "We're all Cylcons" was a tiny bit of a spoiler, it was not all all what I expected until
    Spoiler:
    they actually got to our Earth and I saw Africa. I knew immediately that Hera was going to be "Eve",
    which I probably wouldn't have understood as quickly without the bit of a spoiler.

Overall, I have to say that it is one of, if not absolutely, the best ending to a TV Series I have ever seen.

The combination of religion, science, and human nature were mixed in a truley impressive way.

If there was anything at all that I was not completely satisfied with, it would have to be Kara.
    Spoiler:
    I understand that she was the divining rod that they needed to find earth, but the fact that she was just an apparition since her trip to their Earth kind of bugged me.

Is that really how she existed or did I miss something?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My girlfriend and I just finished the series on dvd. And we just got the Caprica movie from the library. I hope the show's gonna be good, because we're planning to stay pretty faithful to it this time.

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know, I had my worries about Caprica but it's turning out to be a really good show. I hope they keep it on.
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ArtherEld View Post
    You know, I had my worries about Caprica but it's turning out to be a really good show. I hope they keep it on.
    Actually I'm confused right now. First, I did watch the original series (before syndication) and I understand the war between humans and cylons. And I have watched most of the new Battlestar Galactica mainly the end seasons. so now I am confused with the "creation" of the cylons and how long they've actually been around.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtherEld View Post
    Actually I'm confused right now. First, I did watch the original series (before syndication) and I understand the war between humans and cylons. And I have watched most of the new Battlestar Galactica mainly the end seasons. so now I am confused with the "creation" of the cylons and how long they've actually been around.
    wasn't it said that the Cylons were around for thousands of years and in the series Caprica they were like only 40 years old or so....because the Adama family that they show has a Will Adama who happens to be Bill Adama as a child...it is kinda confusing.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast