Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 784 of 890 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast
Results 19,576 to 19,600 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just use an ink eraser and make up my own numbers and letters.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I can’t not care. It’s like magic that all my Suntup numbers match. It heightens their potency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it's a disease ... the numbers have to match, no two ways about it.

Along those lines, looking for Sleeping Beauties Art Portfolio #186 to match my book!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Shipping update for anyone who is interested. We're done shipping Revival now, I think the last of those were picked up yesterday. We'll basically be done shipping PS Publishing's version of The Stand tomorrow, though a handfull of orders will be on hold while PS sends us some replacements for damaged copies. We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Per City of Mirrors though, if you ordered a remarqued book, that'll be a little longer of a wait. The books are headed out to Jill to do the remarques in today, as soon as she sends them back we'll get them shipped out

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don’t bother with matching numbers. Is that sacrilege?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

NOT TO ME. Some people swear by matching numbers and others don't. I have a Gunslinger collection that makes me very happy and did not break the bank.

Lot Guy found me #3 - 7 for $2000!! A steal in my opinion. I am starting to save for my 1 missing signed Gunslinger.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I am the same. If I’m buying a series direct from the publisher, then I’ll try to get matching numbers. But if I’m buying on the secondary market, matching numbers is nice, but I won’t pay a premium for it.

For a long time, I even bought books in the series from the publisher without matching numbers, not thinking about it. I don’t have much desire to replace them with a matching series. I have done that once or twice when the price was right, but generally I don’t think about it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Matching numbers?!?! Who has time for that...I'm trying to catch up on simple things like the Doubleday years GEs from CD without breaking the bank on the secondary market. Managed to get a Carrie a couple of days ago for what seems to be a steal compared to all the other listings I've seen.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, let's see:

- Getting matching numbers essentially makes a set out of nothing ("nothing" meaning items that otherwise would be unrelated), and sets are cool
    - Having "your" number instantly identifies you with your copy as soon as something is announced (you immediately think "don't worry, #218, papa's got the credit card ready!"), and may deepen your relationship with your book (this may be a minus if you take things too far - be careful)

OR
    - You could accept whatever number you are given, and admire the book for what it is without the baggage of "must have 218!" in the event your number isn't available

OR
    - You could accept whatever number you are given, and be a total sociopath by enjoying the fact that, for every different number you own, there is a collector out there in the world thinking "damn it! some other random guy has my number!" (this option suits those given to cackling at others' expense)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matching sets are more rare. Rare is better.

Unless you would rather have a set without matching numbers (less rare, worth less) then matching #'s is better. Right?

At what price is the question.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Unless you would rather have a set without matching numbers (less rare, worth less) then matching #'s is better. Right?

In my experience matching numbers only boost value when the sets are "small". For example a portfolio and the book or a trilogy. The larger the set the less value it adds, as often big sets are actually worth more sold individually than as a whole. It seems counter intuitive, but big sets limit the people who can afford said set. Where as more people can afford to blow some extra bucks on a individual item.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...kind of like when you chop a car for parts (not that I do that) .
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...kind of like when you chop a car for parts (not that I do that) .
    That's a fairly good analogy. The real problem is that these collectibles get really expensive, really quickly when you up the quantity. Look at signed SK limited editions. Most people might be able to afford 1 or 2 bundled together, but 4 or 5 and you're drastically limiting the number of potential buyers you can reach.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

In my experience matching numbers only boost value when the sets are "small". For example a portfolio and the book or a trilogy. The larger the set the less value it adds, as often big sets are actually worth more sold individually than as a whole. It seems counter intuitive, but big sets limit the people who can afford said set. Where as more people can afford to blow some extra bucks on a individual item.
    Actually a really good point, Dan. Matching Dark Tower Set is a perfect example of that. You see those broken up a lot because of that.

BUT if you could snap your finger and own a DT set matching or not which would you choose?

Matching set you can still break up or keep it complete.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Actually a really good point, Dan. Matching Dark Tower Set is a perfect example of that. You see those broken up a lot because of that.

BUT if you could snap your finger and own a DT set matching or not which would you choose?

Matching set you can still break up or keep it complete.
    Working for a company that produces these things makes me a bit jaded. I wouldn't care one way or the other about matching numbers just from being on the "inside" so to speak.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I don't care myself, so I wouldn't pay more for a matched set. That said, if a publisher is allowing me to match my numbers as a set goes along, I'll do it just because if I decide to sell it down the road maybe someone else will pay more for it.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure mine doesn't set a record for wait time, but I got a shipping notice for the lettered Tyler's Third Act. Originally ordered September 2015. I'm thankful it's finally on its way!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Mid-January is just a week away and I gotta admit I'm getting pretty excited.
    So... whats the latest story on this one? did I miss a posting?
    I'm not hearing any noise (just the crickets in the background)
    Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

Brian
    Brian,
    Thank you for the update !!
    I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
    Please, no offense intended in my question.
    Richard
    The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian
    Brian & or Dan,
    Well its been another month since my last post and still no book or a shipping notice (email)
    What is it with you guys, would it be impolite of me to ask whats the latest story.
    How is it that you guys (CD) are soooo bad at this, what am I missing here?

I'm so frustrated I can't stand it, I hate sending these texts but this has gone so far beyond seriously asinine.
    You've been at this now for I'm guessing better than 20 years & your company is unable to ship 250 orders a day?
    Why are all the other publishers so much better at this than you (CD) guys.

The whole staff could get together for one day a week and dedicate all your energy to just shipping, call it something like "ship day Monday" pre-order pizza or sandwiches the day before to keep the momentum going.

Please, please, please just send me my last CD purchase, I promise to never order from you again. (I can't, I'm too old & have a bad heart)
    I know, I know what you're thinking "JUST DIE OLD MAN" quit bothering us..

Please, no offense intended in my questions or statements.
    Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I got a shipping notice for the lettered SCREAM PLAYS. 8 years. I am very happy.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

Brian
    Brian,
    I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
    Richard
    The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian
    Brian & or Dan,
    Well its been another month since my last post and still no book or a shipping notice (email)
    What is it with you guys, would it be impolite of me to ask whats the latest story.

I'm so frustrated I can't stand it, I hate sending these texts but this has gone so far beyond seriously asinine.
    You've been at this now for I'm guessing better than 20 years & your company is unable to ship 250 orders a day?

The whole staff could get together for one day a week and dedicate all your energy to just shipping, call it something like "ship day Monday" pre-order pizza or sandwiches the day before to keep the momentum going.

Please, please, please just send me my last CD purchase, I promise to never order from you again. (I can't, I'm too old & have a bad heart)

Richard
    Dan posted this 4 days ago upthread:

We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Per City of Mirrors though, if you ordered a remarqued book, that'll be a little longer of a wait. The books are headed out to Jill to do the remarques in today, as soon as she sends them back we'll get them shipped out

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Brian
    Brian,
    Richard

Brian
    Brian & or Dan,

Richard

We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Really? Holy crap! That’s great news
    I might live to see this after all.
    Probably shouldn’t count my chickens yet (till I see it in my hands)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well....well.....I'll spare you the details, but I've had personal experience with a certain publisher that takes over four weeks to ship 26 copies of their latest King lettered.
    Happened to me two years in a row now.
    Many sincere (I'm certain) apologies, but it's beyond me why 26 books can't all be shipped the same day.

Their latest is about to be shipped - not holding my breath for a speedy delivery.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Brian
    Brian,
    Richard

Brian
    Brian & or Dan,

Richard

Yep these will be shipping this week. The books have been here for a bit, but we were working on shipping Revival so City of Mirrors had to wait. I suspect we'll finish City of Mirrors this week, things should be moving a lot faster in the shipping department now that our one part time employee just switched to full time.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the CD newsletter :

Hi Folks!

We're pleased to report we have a few more copies of our special signed & slipcased Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar to offer, but due to the low print run, we don't expect these copies to last very long!

REMINDER: This special edition features an exclusive bonus from Stephen King that won't appear in any other edition!

Does anybody knows what is that exclusive bonus from Stephen King? :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From the CD newsletter :

Hi Folks!

We're pleased to report we have a few more copies of our special signed & slipcased Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar to offer, but due to the low print run, we don't expect these copies to last very long!

REMINDER: This special edition features an exclusive bonus from Stephen King that won't appear in any other edition!

Does anybody knows what is that exclusive bonus from Stephen King? :-(
    Maybe a teaser from the third installment?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 784 of 890 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast