Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Haven Fund Raiser...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I am glad to have done my small part. I am looking forward to being of more help next year.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Nice! I am glad to have done my small part. I am looking forward to being of more help next year.
    In that vein, we will be looking for a new "Haven Fund Whore" next year. You know the face of the fund raiser, the guy who bangs the drum and coordinates the festivities online. As I have said before, I am going to lower my profile next year, but not my commitment or duties. Just from "behind the scenes" from now on. Look for a much more "Kinder, gentler, Merlin1958 next year. Think of me now as Grima Wormtongue!! LOL

That means that anyone willing to take the mantle may apply or inquire through PM to me and Jerome. All applications will be considered. The position requires dedication, enthusiasm and a willingness to take one for the team!! LOl No monetary or "work" element required, but (maybe a bonus) you will be "In the HF loop. Please, only serious inquiries.

Thanks from me to everyone who helped out, donated or contributed from the smallest to the biggest!! This is a truly remarkable community!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Minioins? I don't see no stinking minions!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Minioins? I don't see no stinking minions!
    LOL Love the new "Avatar"!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This topic sort of came up in another thread, but to clarify, and correct me if I am wrong, RF, the annual proceeds from the "Haven Fund" madness each year are sent to them from "TDT.Org". That means that EVERYONE here is included, whether they donated or not. In addition, who is to say what you contributed? It's like the "Butterfly Effect", maybe you donated a book, clicked the "widget", helped promote a HF theme, said something nice to an eventual contributor, or just posted a word of support. Regardless, this ENTIRE community makes the contribution each and every year and I find that to be both an inspiration and a sense of pride!!!

Everyone here deserves a round of applause!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

An amazing donation was raised by this little community...well done, everyone!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The thread was closed and the entries dispersed for all, but without revealing the "Actual Total", Dnemec would have won the contest. Regardless, everyone who entered got an entry.

Many thanks to all who participated in every small, medium or large way!!! It takes a village!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

6/5/2014
    The Haven Foundation
    P.O. Box 128
    Brewer, ME, 04412

Enclosed please find a check for $13,900.19
    This represents the net proceeds from our 2014 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation. This year’s Fundraiser was a smashing success.
    I am really proud of our members and their generosity. In seven years we have raised over $59,000!
    We are looking forward to the 2015 event.
    It would be greatly appreciated if you provided an acknowledgement letter for our receipts.

Sincerely,

Jerome Smith

Owner TheDarkTower.org

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like that signature.... Wouldn't want it in my collection.

Congratulations everyone!!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    6/5/2014
    The Haven Foundation
    P.O. Box 128
    Brewer, ME, 04412

This represents the net proceeds from our 2014 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation. This year’s Fundraiser was a smashing success.
    I am really proud of our members and their generosity. In seven years we have raised over $59,000!
    It would be greatly appreciated if you provided an acknowledgement letter for our receipts.

Sincerely,

Jerome Smith

Owner TheDarkTower.org

haha I guessed $13899 I think!! Good job guys!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I don't like that signature.... Wouldn't want it in my collection.

Congratations everyone!!!
    100% legit. A bit cramped, but I'm copying King's new style.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, everyone, especially Jerome, Simon and Bill. A truly worthy achievement.

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    6/5/2014
    The Haven Foundation
    P.O. Box 128
    Brewer, ME, 04412

Sincerely,

Jerome Smith

Owner TheDarkTower.org

Check it out!!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, just plain awesome!!! I am just so proud to be a part of this amazing community!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the 3, 9, and 19! Looks great on paper. Congrats everyone.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean, are we good or what???? Almost $14 grand!!! Not bad, folks not in the least!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great work team.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we had a rather successful year raising funds for the HF, but now it's time to start cranking up for next year. I've got some very interesting new twists in the works, but I always need book donations for the artists. I promise to keep better track this year. LOL Last year somehow I let myself get caught by surprise. That will not happen again. So some suggested books (All 1/1 thank you)...

The Green Mile
    Duma Key
    Desperation (GE preferred)
    IT
    Everythings Eventual
    Dr. Sleep
    FD/NS
    The Talisman
    The Wastelands
    The Dead Zone
    The Stand (Uncut)
    The Dark Tower (TDT VII)

Are just a few that come to mind. I am sure more will be added, but the present stable of artists include, Mark Geyer, Jill Bauman, Glen Chadbourne, Alex McVey, Don Maitz, Ned Dameron, Vincent Chong, Rachel Readman, Erin Wells and perhaps Mike Whelan. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome!! Plus, we need a new "Haven Fund Whore" as I am retiring as the "Face of the Fundraiser". Of course you never know just what Mr. King may sign!!!

Thanks to all of you for your charity and contributions over the past years and those still coming!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, we had a rather successful year raising funds for the HF, but now it's time to start cranking up for next year. I've got some very interesting new twists in the works, but I always need book donations for the artists. I promise to keep better track this year. LOL Last year somehow I let myself get caught by surprise. That will not happen again. So some suggested books (All 1/1 thank you)...

The Green Mile
    Duma Key
    IT
    Everythings Eventual
    Dr. Sleep
    FD/NS
    The Talisman
    The Wastelands
    The Dead Zone
    The Stand (Uncut)
    The Dark Tower (TDT VII)

Are just a few that come to mind. I am sure more will be added, but the present stable of artists include, Mark Geyer, Jill Bauman, Glen Chadbourne, Alex McVey, Don Maitz, Ned Dameron, Vincent Chong, Rachel Readman, Erin Wells and perhaps Mike Whelan. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome!! Plus, we need a new "Haven Fund Whore" as I am retiring as the "Face of the Fundraiser". Of course you never know just what Mr. King may sign!!!

Thanks to all of you for your charity and contributions over the past years and those still coming!!!!!
    Doesn't sound like you are giving this up!!!!

I can donate the Doctor Sleep, kind sir.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

The Green Mile
    Duma Key
    IT
    Everythings Eventual
    Dr. Sleep
    FD/NS
    The Talisman
    The Wastelands
    The Dead Zone
    The Stand (Uncut)
    The Dark Tower (TDT VII)

Well, it's kind of a fine line. I just do not wish to be the "Face" of the fundraiser any longer. Got a lotta flack over all the posts so I think it is time for someone else to pick up the mantle, but I will still do my normal contribution behind the scene's. Interested in becoming the "Face of the Fundraiser"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

The Green Mile
    Duma Key
    IT
    Everythings Eventual
    Dr. Sleep
    FD/NS
    The Talisman
    The Wastelands
    The Dead Zone
    The Stand (Uncut)
    The Dark Tower (TDT VII)

Well, it's kind of a fine line. I just do not wish to be the "Face" of the fundraiser any longer. Got a lotta flack over all the posts so I think it is time for someone else to pick up the mantle, but I will still do my normal contribution behind the scene's. Interested in becoming the "Face of the Fundraiser"?
    I'll gladly help out, but I don't know that I have enough LOLs in me to do that job!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast