Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So after two years of delays for reshoots that never happened, New Mutants is being delayed again because of the Coronavirus. I am beginning to think this movie is cursed.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The movie is definitely cursed. I hope it's good, but I have very serious doubts.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know its selfish but I was really hoping to see it. It will probably be better then Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix if only because it is not going to try to be so grand and will focus on just a few characters in one location. Plus, it is the last X Men related movie we will be getting for a few years.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Maybe to all of those things. I feel like if it was good it wouldn't have gotten held up for so long. I know Marvel isn't talking about X-Men just yet, but I would not be surprised if we get X-Men or something X-Men related sooner than later with them.

Country
    Country Flag

The first is suppose to be Rogue as Captain Marvel's villain in her next movie. Maybe there will be some mentions in the WandaVision show or the Dr. Strange movie.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    The first is suppose to be Rogue as Captain Marvel's villain in her next movie. Maybe there will be some mentions in the WandaVision show or the Dr. Strange movie.
    Now that might be interesting. I really do hope they can bring X-Men back. I really like them as a group.

And I know Deadpool 3 is in the works. Though I kinda doubt it'll actually be in the real MCU. Probably just MCU adjacent.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    And I know Deadpool 3 is in the works. Though I kinda doubt it'll actually be in the real MCU. Probably just MCU adjacent.
    I am fine with that. I really liked the first two.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet you will see something in Black Widow that relates somehow to some X man or X woman.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I bet you will see something in Black Widow that relates somehow to some X man or X woman.
    Kris, you think something small in the movie itself, or in the post credit scene.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Kris, you think something small in the movie itself, or in the post credit scene.
    I would bet Post Credits... I think this whole phase is a slow set up.. and even the next with the one after being a bigger rush to a huge Endgame style Movie extravaganza..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk... the temptation to incorporate him into the bigger MCU might be too big for House of Mouse. Every hero that gets incorporated into their larger universe sees a significant boost in ticket sales during their solo ventures.

Besides, they can make his inclusion in the PG-13 world something of a punchline - anytime he tries to cuss or flip the bird he'll comment that "something" is keeping him from saying it or just outright bleep him. It could work.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idk... the temptation to incorporate him into the bigger MCU might be too big for House of Mouse. Every hero that gets incorporated into their larger universe sees a significant boost in ticket sales during their solo ventures.

Besides, they can make his inclusion in the PG-13 world something of a punchline - anytime he tries to cuss or flip the bird he'll comment that "something" is keeping him from saying it or just outright bleep him. It could work.
    It could REALLY work and perhaps be quite comical as well.. but he is def part of the MCU now I would bet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

It's possible, more likely I think it'll be a one way inclusion. Like he'll really obviously be around in his movie, and characters from the MCU may pop up in his movies, but he won't pop up in other movies, and that'll be the joke.

I would bet Post Credits... I think this whole phase is a slow set up.. and even the next with the one after being a bigger rush to a huge Endgame style Movie extravaganza..
    I think it's a little too early yet for a full on X-Men tease. My money on the first Fox property tease being Fantastic 4 related. X-Men will come 2nd. That said I don't think either of them will be in Black Widow. I think that movie is more likely to either tease Eternals, Doctor Strange, or the Shang-Chi movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Eternals this fall would be the earliest I can see even a hint of X-Men being dropped.

My Mood
    Cool

A friend of mine who seems to have some kind of connection through his friends said, I think, it would be a while before we get any more X-Men movies.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A proper X-Men movie? Yes, a while. Not till next phase, I'm sure. But X-Men characters could be hinted at or even cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    A proper X-Men movie? Yes, a while. Not till next phase, I'm sure. But X-Men characters could be hinted at or even cameo.
    Definitely this. Deadpool for one. Plus there's the rumor of Rouge being Captain Marvel's next villain. Also not X-Men, but there's 2 pretty solid rumors that the next "Big Bad" is either going to be Doctor Doom or Galactus. Personally I'd find Doom more interesting, since he'd be less of a "I'm going to destroy the world" threat and more of a "I'm going to rule the world" threat. More grounded less "End Times" than Galactus which I think would be an appropriate follow up to Thanos. Galactus would just kinda be more of the same.

Country
    Country Flag

I think Marvel won't waste time teasing thier new property line up... I hope not. Make it a real slow build up.. like the Thanos arc... makes for a big movie event as we know.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I like the idea of a slow build up. I mean, the first time we saw Thanos he only smiled in the post credit scene. Then, I think it was the end of the first Avengers movie he actually spoke and said "fine, I will do it myself". But a slow build up
    is a great way to build the tension.

If it is Dr. Doom next as the big bad guy, that would have to mean that Fantastic 4 is coming sooner rather than later? And what about that villain that was hinted at when Wakanda was having earthquakes. Any thoughts on that? Or will
    that simply be a major villain for Black Panther.

Country
    Country Flag

That has been rumored to be Namor (Marvel's Aquaman) and he'll be the villain of BP2. He's an X-Man too.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    That has been rumored to be Namor (Marvel's Aquaman) and he'll be the villain of BP2. He's an X-Man too.
    So just for BP2. Not the next big time bad guy. Got it. And that's a cool way to introduce the X-Men into this universe as well. I am still
    excited to where they go next with their story arcs.

I like the idea of a slow build up. I mean, the first time we saw Thanos he only smiled in the post credit scene. Then, I think it was the end of the first Avengers movie he actually spoke and said "fine, I will do it myself". But a slow build up

If it is Dr. Doom next as the big bad guy, that would have to mean that Fantastic 4 is coming sooner rather than later? And what about that villain that was hinted at when Wakanda was having earthquakes. Any thoughts on that? Or will
    I think we'll be getting Fantastic Four before we get X-Men for sure. The Fantastic 4 is "Marvel's First Family" so to speak, and comic book wise Fantastic Four and Spider-man were the face of marvel for years. Having those rights back is a big win for Marvel, because it opens up a whole slew of space related villains and characters that were tied up in Fox rights. On top of that they've never really been done "right" in the movies. So it's Marvel's chance to really give them the treatment they deserve. They also don't have the saturation that the X-Men have in the movies. There's what 3 real F4 movies but there's been 12 X-Men related movies in the same amount of time.

Country
    Country Flag

I think we'll be getting Fantastic Four before we get X-Men for sure. The Fantastic 4 is "Marvel's First Family" so to speak, and comic book wise Fantastic Four and Spider-man were the face of marvel for years. Having those rights back is a big win for Marvel, because it opens up a whole slew of space related villains and characters that were tied up in Fox rights. On top of that they've never really been done "right" in the movies. So it's Marvel's chance to really give them the treatment they deserve. They also don't have the saturation that the X-Men have in the movies. There's what 3 real F4 movies but there's been 12 X-Men related movies in the same amount of time.
    I tend to kind of agree with you but I feel an X-man or X-woman would be an easier fit. It would be GREAT to finally get a WELL DONE Fantastic Four movie though.. the last one was atrocious.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast