Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 254 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Did anybody see or hear about the new show on AMC called "Hell on Wheels" The lead actor Anson Mount looks like a dead ringer for Roland the Gunslinger!

check out the IMDB page. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1204007424/tt1699748

Seriously, this actor has the looks and the attitude! Plus he is already playing a character that kills in cold blood and is an "anti-hero" What do you guys think?
    Been watching the this on demand and I think he would be a good Roland!! Good choice!

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

They could totally pull it off. If AMC is able to film such a nice adaption of the Walking Dead, I believe they could also hook up some Dark Tower without fucking up too many of the details, yeh?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I still see Viggo Mortensen or Hugh Jackman as Roland. Olyphant seems too young. But I hope they still want Norman Reedus as Eddie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just as long as HBO does the entire thing like Game of Thrones it will be good.

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the little kid Carl from the Walking Dead would make a perfect Jake. He has the freckles and everything. As for Roland? How about the main character from Cowboys and Aliens? His looks seemed to match Roland's description pretty well including the piercing blue-steel eyes.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Warner Brothers is negotiating to bring DT the screen! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87963

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Another article http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/step...javier-bardem/
    Howard remains attached to direct, likely in first-quarter 2013.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EvaH View Post
    Another article http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/step...javier-bardem/
    Howard remains attached to direct, likely in first-quarter 2013.
    Thanks for that bit of news!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Javier Bardem though? Heh heh. Maybe Jessica Biel will be cast as..... Rhea.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured Meryl Streep would play all the female parts.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, she recently played the queen of evil in the Iron Lady, but from everything I've heard, she played her as a human being. Huge mistake there!

NOTE: this post is written by someone who almost knows f**kall about Maggie.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who the hell is Maggie?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Javier as Roland, he'd be perfect for it. He can play a deep, brooding character extremely well. He's talented and I always magined Roland as being a little darker skinned anyways. I imagine Bardem accent, similar to his role as Anton Chigur would be perfect for Roland's Gilead accent.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been saying Warner Brothers would be perfect now that Harry Potter is done. I am sure they are biting to get another successful series in their helm.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Xile View Post
    Who the hell is Maggie?
    Margaret Thatcher.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I like Javier as Roland, he'd be perfect for it. He can play a deep, brooding character extremely well. He's talented and I always magined Roland as being a little darker skinned anyways. I imagine Bardem accent, similar to his role as Anton Chigur would be perfect for Roland's Gilead accent.
    ITA
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/03/1...g-warner-bros/
    Attention fans of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower: Warner Bros. hasn’t signed up for the quest just yet, but they’re looking at the brochure.

When last we checked in with Ron Howard’s ambitious plan to make three movies and two seasons of TV out of the epic horror/fantasy books, it had been rejected by Universal as too risky a gamble. But Howard and his team at Imagine Entertainment vowed to continue attempts to bring the story to screens — both large and small.

Warner Bros., which turned the Harry Potter series into a string of eight blockbusters and is no stranger to massive cinematic undertakings, confirms they have been considering the proposal, though representatives at the studio characterized it as “discussions” not negotiations.

“Negotiations” would suggest the studio is sold on the idea and is working out terms. That’s not the case — at least not yet.

The screenplay for the series was being developed by Akiva Goldsman (Oscar winner for A Beautiful Mind); Howard and producer Brian Grazer had expressed interest in Javier Bardem playing the lead role of Roland the Gunslinger, a cowboy-knight wandering an apocalyptic landscape in search of the mythical tower that binds all space and time. None of that is certain, of course, until a deal is in place to actually make the movie — or movies.

Whether the proposal is still to craft a movie trilogy with a TV series sandwiched in between is still unclear. (Imagine Entertainment did not respond to requests for comment) and Warner Bros. would not characterize the production company’s proposal.

Any interested studio may prefer to make a smaller initial gamble on one movie with the option of expanding if it proves to be a hit. Adapting all of King’s seven novels (with another on the way), would certainly require multiple films, but one thing that killed the Universal deal was the massive upfront commitment to future projects. Unlike Harry Potter, The Dark Tower is a violent, horrific tale — if told with fidelity to the source material, it’s not a movie that can count on fans of all ages and tastes. That makes it a trickier sell, and the sheer scale of it demands a very high budget. If it clicks with audiences, however, it could be another Lord of the Rings-style mega-hit — with twice as many books to turn into films.

It may ultimately never happen, but for now Howard and Imagine are still hoping there’s a chance.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish that they would either accept or reject it already. I would rather know that it is never going to happen than for it to just be stuck in limbo.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO Bardem is a horrible choice for Roland.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I wish that they would either accept or reject it already. I would rather know that it is never going to happen than for it to just be stuck in limbo.
    Totally agree!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

This is great news. We have a shot at this being made by the same studio that made The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Dark Night franchises and the network it should have been with in the first place. Network television never would have worked. With HBO, it has a chance to be properly done.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cixelsyd View Post
    This is great news. We have a shot at this being made by the same studio that made The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Dark Night franchises and the network it should have been with in the first place. Network television never would have worked. With HBO, it has a chance to be properly done.
    I agree for the most part, but HBO can be fickle. Remember "Carnivale" and "John from Cinncinatti"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I wish HBO would just commit to a 19-episode epic series, with a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale. I think 21 hours should be plenty to tell the entire saga without cutting too much or too much padding.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I wish HBO would just commit to a 19-episode epic series, with a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale. I think 21 hours should be plenty to tell the entire saga without cutting too much or too much padding.
    That sounds "Right on the nose" to me!!!!! HBO is way too fickle with ratings for a cable channel if you ask me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BigSchu22 is on a distinguished road BigSchu22's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm worried...

Whatever studio finally green-lights this project is still taking a big risk. There is obviously a huge fanbase for the Dark Tower Series, but the fanbase is much less broad than Harry Potter or even Hunger Games. Plus, those series have the added bonus of children dragging their parents along (or vice versa). I don't think DT appeals to the younger audience.

I'm very very worried that DT will fall victim to the usuall Hollywood attempts to market the series to a wider audience, dumb it down, and throw in rediculous Hollywood archetypes to increase their revenue. Just look at what Orson Scott Card has gone through trying to get the Ender's Game movie made. He's faced constant attempts to re-organize and change his work to fit the big screen. Luckily, he has refused for the past 20 something years, but I'm not sure what's going on now especially since the director of the new Ender's Game movie's last work was the Wolverine Origins movie, which was horrible.

I really hope this project gets the treatment it deserves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 254 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast