Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'll have to wait for it Hate being British...
    I'm British, but I still pick up the Dark Tower comics shortly after they come out. There are plenty to be picked up on ebay (although obviously there are postage costs that you wouldn't get just grabbing it from the shop.) I'd imagine it would be the same for this.

I'm not sure I'll bother grabbing the Stand comics though having the novel. I'm mainly interested in The Dark Tower comics for the new material (which we got plenty of, even in Gunslinger Born.)

That being said I imagine it would be some interesting artwork. It'd be interesting to see that first image of the dark man walking down the dusty road in his cowboy boots...
    My Mum wont get an eBay account

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'll have to wait for it Hate being British...

Be a non-english native language person...
    Officially you'll have to wait a lot to read it... or buying the english version as well...
    Dude that's a bummer...
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Sooooo when do we expect the stand to come out?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand comic series - Possible update at Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/nycomiccon2...l/cupOjoe.html

Quesada ended the panel with a black and white image of a man with a long hair with wolves and human skulls at his feet. "I can't say what that it is yet, but it's going to be huge," Quesada said.

Speculation among fans leaving the panel immediately flew in the direction of (given representation of mass death and wolves as companions) the image being of Randal Flagg, the antagonist of Stephen King's The Stand. King announced on NPR that Marvel will be adapting the novel into a graphic novel in March.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, awesome. Thanks for the udpate.
    I'd wanted to attend the NYC CC, but couldn't make the 2+ hour drive.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could have been there too.

And I REALLY wish I could see that picture
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No one took pics?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And I REALLY wish I could see that picture
    You and me, both!

You'd think someone at the panel would have taken a pic of that picture, or one of the reporters covering the event would have gotten the image from Marvel to pass on to fans, but noooooo.
    ~scowl~

It's maddening!
    Show us the image for crying out loud!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'd love to see it too.

Here's an article on the announcement referenced in Cyber's post above from the same website.

Also, I edited the thread title to reference the comic series being discussed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Seems that Marvel is keeping any progress on The Stand close to the vest.
    From today's 'Cup O Joe':
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=389229861

Deadly Shaolin asks:
    Hola Joe,
    1) Can you give us more hints or details on the image you showed at the end of a panel at New York Comic Con where a long-haired man was surrounded by wolves and had skulls at his feet?
    2) Can we expect to see Kang or Count Nefaria going against the Avengers at some point?
    3) Red Hulk vs. Mighty Avengers. Coming up?
    4) If a fan takes it upon himself to commission an artist to revamp a character's design in a drawing, then e-mails the design to you, could it be implemented in the books if the design is really good?

JQ: Shaolin, just how deadly are you? I'd just like to know before I answer your questions
    1) Nope, you'll just have to stew on it for a bit.
    pfffftttt!

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Default Brand New "The Stand" Comic Book Interviews and Promo Art!

Mike Perkins is a great choice for the art chores on The Stand. I love his Flagg. Dark, sinister, and with a hint of Jamey Sheridan. Just a hint.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=158855

I'm glad they'll be adapting the Unabridged Edition as well and I look forward to see how they fit it all in in 30 issues.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Looks like it will be great. Thanks for posting Jimmy.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's a huge update on the project, including artwork.

Awesome news!
    Thanks for the update, fellas.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great artwork. Different from Jae Lee's (which is good too, in a different way.) Very... raw.

I like the Flagg depictions although he's perhaps a bit uglier than what he is described in the book. I think that's mainly down to the facial expressions in those pictures though. Apart from that fairly spot on I'd say.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting this though since it's essentially a retelling of a story I've already read. Curious that it will be the same length as the Dark Tower issues (in total.) Its a big book sure, but then so was Wizard and Glass. I get the impression maybe it will be a complete adaption in graphic form rather than the main plot points like Gunslinger Born was.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that rocks!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

should i read the book first?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Uhhh....YES!!! If you haven't read it you should definitely read it dude.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. The Stand, especially the uncut version, is probably King's best work. READ IT!!!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be ordering it today... just gotta find the one I want...

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive never read any Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa books, which makes me a little nervous. Jimmy, can you, or any of you other comic nuts, give me a little insight on the author?

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to merge this and another The Stand Comic thread into the original thread.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    Ive never read any Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa books, which makes me a little nervous. Jimmy, can you, or any of you other comic nuts, give me a little insight on the author?
    He's a Capricorn who believes in fidelity. He enjoys long walks on the beach and reading by bonfires.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    He's written several plays, which have been reviewed well. He's a writer on the cable show "Big Love" and I've read his SI: Fantastic Four and his Dead of Night book, both were very good. His current mini-series about the X-Men's Angel is also being reviewed as being good. He's won a GLAAD award for his work.

Also, he's a Capricorn who believes in fidelity. He enjoys long walks on the beach and reading by bonfires.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited about this a lot, although I'd rather see new material from King than adaptations of his previous work, like Joe Hill is doing right now.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa did a fantastic job on Sensational Spider-Man. He had a great respect for the continuity of the title and knew how to spin a great yarn. He's pretty underrated too from what I could grasp, so I'm glad he's getting a high-profile project like this. He deserves it.

Anyone wanna bet that Stephen King's going to revise the ending of The Stand and have Flagg get eaten by Kojak or die sitting on the toilet?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast