Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Gunslinger Metal cases

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I have one of the 3 first black proto types. Got a signed 1st/1st in it
    Is this one of the new cases from this year with the Dameron art?
    Cook, were there 3 black prototypes of the cases with Dameron art?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I have one of the 3 first black proto types. Got a signed 1st/1st in it
    Is this one of the new cases from this year with the Dameron art?
    Cook, were there 3 black prototypes of the cases with Dameron art?
    My apologies Jerome, but the question was for scg1999.
    I was curious because the word "prototype" was used.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have some inquiry's about the gunslinger cases, so this is where I'm at....
    This year I finished the long process of finishing a project from a few years ago that was shelved for various reasons, mostly lack of art.
    Jerome was able to acquire donated art from Dameron with the understanding that one of the finished cases would be donated to the Haven fund.
    Jerome is the sole owner of the black cases he's referenced "righty".
    The red & grey "righty" cases belong to me.
    In addition there were a few "lefty" cases, one of which is the sole "green case" (this previously mentioned case is the one I donated to the haven fund)
    The other "lefty" cases are mine as well.
    For the record.... In all, there will never be more than 11 cases with the Dameron art produced.
    (a few of the eleven are in limbo)

P.S. The previously posted Red Dameron case is no longer available.

P.S.S To Jerome, thank you for your help.

Thanks to all that inquired.
    The lucky few that own one of these cases (1st generation or 2nd) know how great they are.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have some inquiry's about the gunslinger cases, so this is where I'm at....
    This year I finished the long process of finishing a project from a few years ago that was shelved for various reasons, mostly lack of art.
    Jerome was able to acquire donated art from Dameron with the understanding that one of the finished cases would be donated to the Haven fund.
    Jerome is the sole owner of the black cases he's referenced "righty".
    The red & grey "righty" cases belong to me.
    In addition there were a few "lefty" cases, one of which is the sole "green case" (this previously mentioned case is the one I donated to the haven fund)
    The other "lefty" cases are mine as well.
    For the record.... In all, there will never be more than 11 cases with the Dameron art produced.
    (a few of the eleven are in limbo)

P.S. The previously posted Red Dameron case is no longer available.

P.S.S To Jerome, thank you for your help.

Thanks to all that inquired.
    The lucky few that own one of these cases (1st generation or 2nd) know how great they are.
    I agree. I am a larger fan of the original personally and hope we do not see anymore on the market as I find this to be a very valuable and wodnerful item to house my 1st Slinger. It just screams coolness... When the one went for $550 I was not surprised. I would say they are worth no less than $500 and I would value the original 6 even a tad more. Great project guys... just great!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but Gd that black case is beautiful.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is currently a Gunslinger Case for sale on eBay.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Price is too damn high on this second generation of cases.

I'd be willing to shell out for one for the original price ($270-$300) but there is no way im paying twice that.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Price is too damn high on this second generation of cases.

I'd be willing to shell out for one for the original price ($270-$300) but there is no way im paying twice that.
    ?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm selling my original case for $500. if anyone is interested.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would be interesting to see what the 3rd Variant/Generation of this metal case would sell for....

But, we will never know. The 3rd Generation is like The Fight Club. Cant' talk about The Fight Club, unless you've seen The Fight Club.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not seeing the auction. Did it sell?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231977419352...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

no.

Listed at $649 with a buy it now of $849
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It just seems like there is a lot of demand for this product. Everyone likes them, and I want one but I am not rich enough (or foolish enough) to pay double what they were originally solicited for.

Even though I think the cases are cool, I do not think they are $600 cool. I would be in for one at the original price ($249+ shipping) but of course that was four years ago.

I feel for the craftsman who produces these. At a $300 price point he could probably sell 50 of them over time.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It just seems like there is a lot of demand for this product. Everyone likes them, and I want one but I am not rich enough (or foolish enough) to pay double what they were originally solicited for.

Even though I think the cases are cool, I do not think they are $600 cool. I would be in for one at the original price ($249+ shipping) but of course that was four years ago.

I feel for the craftsman who produces these. At a $300 price point he could probably sell 50 of them over time.
    Thing do go up in value though.. Almost every King collectable has if you look at it. I have one and gotta say... it is cool as a cucumber. I paid $375 or $385 for mine... have to check my records though. I have one of the original 6... which are the ones I think that have the best "look" and are most collectable.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

no.

You didn't mention that the listed price includes a 2nd edition gunslinger in pretty much perfect condition. That alone has got to be worth $250-300 of the asking price, which brings the case down closer to your $300 price point.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That auction is for the case and a 2nd printing of the book.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

no.

You didn't mention that the listed price includes a 2nd edition gunslinger in pretty much perfect condition. That alone has got to be worth $250-300 of the asking price, which brings the case down closer to your $300 price point.
    True, I forgot to notice that. But i already have a 1st print i want to put in one of those cases.

For this price I'd rather give Dolso my money
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thing do go up in value though.. Almost every King collectable has if you look at it. I have one and gotta say... it is cool as a cucumber. I paid $375 or $385 for mine... have to check my records though. I have one of the original 6... which are the ones I think that have the best "look" and are most collectable.
    That is understandable but it seems like the increase in value is due to more the purposeful keeping of the limitation low, instead of the actual craftsmanship of the work (which upon many recommendations is pretty good)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean who knows? Was the price of the 2nd generation even disclosed? I know one sold for bookoo bucks in the Haven Fund auction and now one is listed on ebay for even more than that (it hasn't sold yet though and also contains a 2nd printing book)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Would be interesting to see what the 3rd Variant/Generation of this metal case would sell for....

But, we will never know. The 3rd Generation is like The Fight Club. Cant' talk about The Fight Club, unless you've seen The Fight Club.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... inquiring minds want to know more
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

no.

True, I forgot to notice that. But i already have a 1st print i want to put in one of those cases.

You seem grumpy or a little irritated?
    If you want to buy just the case, maybe you should ask the guy who made them if he'll sell you just the case.. just say'n
    or like you said give Dolso your money, he does very nice work.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

no.

If you want to buy just the case, maybe you should ask the guy who made them if he'll sell you just the case.. just say'n
    or like you said give Dolso your money, he does very nice work.
    Cook I am not trying to throw sour grapes at you of RF or anyone who has been involved with the production/distribution of these. (I haven't read the full thread seeing how the first go round was 4 years ago.)

I am appreciative of the fact that folks generate special projects on these boards and I myself have been able to buy in on a few of them.

I'm not irritated except for the fact that I really want one of the metal cases and i'm unlikely to get one because i doubt I will be willing (or able) to pay the premium price that these seem to be commanding (or are they really? I'm unsure the price is definitively set for the second generation because i haven't seen it advertised)

I guess if anything I am a little peeved that it seems to be a behind closed doors sale or that you may have to be part of the "good ole boys" network to get one. (and of course i could be completely wrong in my characterization of that)

The fact that the item seems to be hot and sought after yet it is still (perhaps purposefully) kept to a small limitation kind of perplexes me as well.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

PS: there was also a giant mass murder half a mile away from my house a day and a half ago so the mood has been pretty somber and not flowery
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cook I am not trying to throw sour grapes at you of RF or anyone who has been involved with the production/distribution of these. (I haven't read the full thread seeing how the first go round was 4 years ago.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    Perhaps you should there are only ~5 pages. It shouldn't be tough.
    I am appreciative of the fact that folks generate special projects on these boards and I myself have been able to buy in on a few of them.

i'm unlikely to get one because i doubt I will be willing (or able) to pay the premium price that these seem to be commanding

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a new case (one sold for the Haven Foundation for $500+) on ebay that INCLUDES a 2nd Gunslinger.
    The market will dictate. Hang around. If there are no bids, you could snag the case and book for $649.
    There is no inside deal, just buy it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast