Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 942 of 971 FirstFirst ... 442 842 892 932 940 941 942 943 944 952 ... LastLast
Results 23,526 to 23,550 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I guess nobody really expected it, and they went fast.
    Although, I guess it may makes sense. The book was officially released a little more than a year ago, so I guess the publisher thought it was time to clear up the extra copies they may have had in case of lost complaints... and they put them up?

Hoping you got one as it said

I got an updated email this morning wanting ok for postage - 48 pounds!!!! I am shocked. I guess I'm used to Book depository or the others that don't charge postage. Anyway even with postage cheaper than secondary market I guess.
    Got book today - where is it supposed to be signed? I don't think this one is. And the name on the box was wrong - address right, but name wrong. Not happy.
    I would imagine it would be signed on the title page, but check the flyleaf(s). I'm sure you did though.

I expect they'll refund your purchase price and let you keep the unsigned book. Though they might want it back.

That sucks. I have less problem with missing out on something than thinking I got it and finding out I got f'd.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks Brian. I just went and looked at my Joyland and it has a tipped in page at the front. I would think this one would have the same. It's also weird how on the packing slip there is a 46 at the top.
    But after looking at the packaging it appears UPS threw a bagged book into a box and shipped it. Nothing direct from Forbidden. I wonder if they screwed it up at customs or repacking and why the heck they have a wrong name - Lindsey T********* on the label. I wrote Forbidden an e-mail, but like you said Brian - I would have less problem with missing out on something than thinking I got it and finding out I got f'd.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And resolved:

"We have now refunded the total cost of the item and full postage onto the card used to pay for the order. The funds should show in your account in two working days.

We confirm you can also keep the book."

Happy? Well, I still wish I had gotten the book, but am quite appreciative of FP's handling of the matter.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you know if the book was not supposed to be signed in the end?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Just realized I also joined 15 years ago just two weeks ago
    Quite a few people joined at/before the launch in 2007, including myself. I was just a lowly member then, but aspired to help build and grow the site. Post DTVII, the site has evolved into what it is today.

I joined May 1, 2007, and was the 50th person to register.
    I have no idea what number I was, but I remember recommending we bring you on the staff.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quite a few people joined at/before the launch in 2007, including myself. I was just a lowly member then, but aspired to help build and grow the site. Post DTVII, the site has evolved into what it is today.

I have no idea what number I was, but I remember recommending we bring you on the staff.
    Ari, has a Staph infection? lol For 15 years? lol

Spoiler:
    Speaking for myself, I believe its 14 years for me this past, April!!! For the record, I think I had a staph infection for quite a few of those 14 years!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    In all seriousness Ari is a vital and integral part of this community!! He rocks!! He's also our designated "Contest Winner"!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gracias, amigo. Today is my 15 year and 1 month anniversary.

Also, check your text messages.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Both of the Big Kahuna's on the board together!!! If memory serves its been a minute since that has occurred!!! lol

HAIL TO THE CHIEF'S!!!! lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:
    Speaking for myself, I believe its 14 years for me this past, April!!! For the record, I think I had a staph infection for quite a few of those 14 years!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    In all seriousness Ari is a vital and integral part of this community!! He rocks!! He's also our designated "Contest Winner"!! lol lol
    Bill, you’re a newbie lol!

15 years here too. Pretty proud of my posts per year. Lot more than I thought I’d get considering lurk more than post.

15 years! Brilliant, and still my main website.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Both of the Big Kahuna's on the board together!!! If memory serves its been a minute since that has occurred!!! lol

HAIL TO THE CHIEF'S!!!! lol lol

Ha! You’re probably right about that!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

15 years here too. Pretty proud of my posts per year. Lot more than I thought I’d get considering lurk more than post.

LOL Yeah, I suppose I am!! However, I do vaguely recall the times before, El Jefe and the "Leprechaun" took over the site!! lol

Spoiler:
    Patrick, face it you're a "Leprechaun". I mean your birthday is fucking, St. Patty's Day!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

LOL Yeah, I suppose I am!! However, I do vaguely recall the times before, El Jefe and the "Leprechaun" took over the site!! lol

Spoiler:
    Patrick, face it you're a "Leprechaun". I mean your birthday is fucking, St. Patty's Day!!! lol lol
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Country
    Country Flag

No. It was. It was just one of those mistakes I guess. The box it was in (lousy picture I know) says signed numbered. Really was not FP's fault.
    If there is an argument for removing shrinkwrap this is it.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No. It was. It was just one of those mistakes I guess. The box it was in (lousy picture I know) says signed numbered. Really was not FP's fault.

I always say, "If you don't take it out of the shrinkwrap, you don't know what you own."

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exact same thing happened to Mark Vieira....shame.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBO has a documentary about George Carlin

I guess you watched it Jerome?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was a two part series. Excellent documentary.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was a two part series. Excellent documentary.
    I agree, it was excellent. I really liked Carlin for many years, there is no one like him.

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, call me foreigner and all you want, but I don't get everything that is happening with guns in the USA.
    Given all the kids that were killed within the past year, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, it should be plenty to at least put background check and forbid some weapons in the USA.

IMO, not doing so is just non-sense and stupidness.

You would try to change things if your kids were killed with guns. So why not doing anything when there are so many mass shootings?

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I live in NY and we have background checks for all gun purchases. I am fine with that as a gun owner. I have never “needed” a gun so immediately that I couldn’t live with a background check taking a few days if necessary.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The original report and the actual report are VERY different stories about what happened. Night and Day different.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

It is sounding like the cops may have really mishandled this situation, going against everything they train for in an active shooter situation.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

Regardless, as a citizen of the rest of the world, it's very difficult to understand the US obsession with the right to bear automatic weapons.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 942 of 971 FirstFirst ... 442 842 892 932 940 941 942 943 944 952 ... LastLast