Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted other opinions on the fading issue.
    "I was the one" who asked "you" to post the pictures (all of them) on the site for discussion.
    You immediately did not,
    instead you very quickly sent the book back to me before any discussion. (see below)

02-11-2022 03:06 PM
    (Cook posted)
    Bryan,
    I have no clue what you're talking about.. Browning??
    Richard

(Bryan posted)
    When white becomes brown. Pics attached.
    Tracking number is:

You're trying to claim I intentionally knew there was a natural fading issue and tried to hide it.

I asked you a very pointed question at the beginning of all this (see post w/asterisks)

02-03-2022 10:33 AM
    **(Cook posted)**
    Bryan,
    I sorta assumed you were "mostly" looking for a gold intact Jacket. yes? No?
    The books themselves are really a dime a dozen. Nice gold intact jackets are whats hard to find
    Anyways.. the book itself has no bumped corners, no stamps, stickers or writing of any kind, appears unread.. although I can guarantee that. (not the 1st owner)
    Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional.
    In today's market I would grade as an overall NF.
    Richard

You didn't respond in any way to my question.

I have a question, maybe you can answer this one..
    If the single most important thing to you was that the jacket be "absolutely white", why didn't you state that at the beginning when I asked:

I sorta assumed you were "mostly" looking for a gold intact Jacket. yes? No?

I never in any of the conversation said:
    "Hey Bryan,
    Why don't I send you this book for your absolute final approval in case we missed anything"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If a buyer is not satisfied, and returned book, then refund their money.

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.
    As I stated before, I will send you your book back when you send me a Postal M.O. for $5.08

Moving forward..
    Jerome, if you feel I'm the wrong party here, then ban me for life.

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)
    I will never ever for any reason, purchase this book back from you.
    I will never ever send this book back to you until you send me shipping cost I mentioned above"

I will also put out another blanket offer to anyone who has purchased a book from me thru the DT.org website.
    If any of you (other than kingfan2323) are unhappy with any purchase from me ever made thru the DT.org, send it back to me, I will refund what you paid me (excluding shipping)

I'm all done talking about this, please feel free to continue trash talking me.
    Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

As I stated before, I will send you your book back when you send me a Postal M.O. for $5.08

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)
    I will never ever send this book back to you until you send me shipping cost I mentioned above"

I will also put out another blanket offer to anyone who has purchased a book from me thru the DT.org website.
    If any of you (other than kingfan2323) are unhappy with any purchase from me ever made thru the DT.org, send it back to me, I will refund what you paid me (excluding shipping)

Please feel free to send negative reps my way as well, cause frankly, I don't give a rats ass.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I had a similar situation wherein the pictures looked fine but when I got the book there was a stain on the top edge. I told the seller and he apologized and refunded my money. He did not deny there was a problem even though he did not notice the issue prior to the sale (and I do believe him, it wasn’t a very noticeable stain). I did tell the seller and asked for the refund before sending the book back.

Either way, Cook, you have to refund the money. Whether or not you knew about the staining is irrelevant. Kingfan isn’t happy and wants a refund. He sent the book back on his dime. Just give him the $50 and move on.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)

Honestly, saying something like this makes you look 1000x worse.

He wasn't satisfied with it and sent it back to you. Now you're refusing to refund him. Maybe you should give a "rats ass" if you plan on doing business with other people here or anywhere else for that matter. To me, all this looks like is you feeling insulted and won't refund him now out of pure stubbornness.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving forward..

Kingfan2323 (Bryan)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I had a similar situation wherein the pictures looked fine but when I got the book there was a stain on the top edge. I told the seller and he apologized and refunded my money. He did not deny there was a problem even though he did not notice the issue prior to the sale (and I do believe him, it wasn’t a very noticeable stain). I did tell the seller and asked for the refund before sending the book back.

Either way, Cook, you have to refund the money. Whether or not you knew about the staining is irrelevant. Kingfan isn’t happy and wants a refund. He sent the book back on his dime. Just give him the $50 and move on.
    The DJ's "age" in some cases (as in this case) it is not "browning" in any way, IMHO but, I reiterate, PM me an address and I'll refund the $60 myself just so you'll STFU. BTW what you were seeking is a pristine copy IMHO. Of course, there are really no hard and fast definitions for the categories. Everyone interprets them differently when it comes down to it. You should have asked for Pics in advance.

I remain in, Richs' corner on this one but would be happy to send the cash just to put an end to the caterwauling!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Full disclosure: It will be a Bank of America issued check made out to you and must be cashed within 90 days from issuance. No refunds!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

ANOTHER message from the person that said "I sure do go on" about the topic. Either an individual is being intentionally disingenuous or a complete idiot if they think this is about money.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

ANOTHER message from the person that said "I sure do go on" about the topic. Either an individual is being intentionally disingenuous or a complete idiot if they think this is about money.
    WOW!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears this issue has become personal between the members. Richard, to offer a refund to any member who has ever bought a book from you, but deny a refund to kingfan2323 shows me you are very unhappy with kingfan2323 and this is now a personality clash, not a professional transaction.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It appears this issue has become personal between the members. Richard, to offer a refund to any member who has ever bought a book from you, but deny a refund to kingfan2323 shows me you are very unhappy with kingfan2323 and this is now a personality clash, not a professional transaction.

I'm guessing I've sold probably 100ish books on this site, none have ever ask for a refund, and certainly no one has thrown unpleasant accusations or labeled me.
    I'm still waiting for an answer to my one & only question I asked, but all I get back is misdirection and insults.
    Sorry but it's a little more than a "clash"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Any objective person would agree. Thanks.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a non-King book set sell on eBay yesterday through a fixed price listing.
    Buyer had to pay immediately, so no issue there.

Looking more closely, the buyer has zero feedback and just created their eBay account yesterday, before immediately making a $900 purchase.
    I admit this makes me very skeptical since eBay makes it so easy for buyers to scam sellers.
    Debating if I should cancel the sale.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Not that my opinion matters, but as an outsider looking in, I agree
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Not that my opinion matters, but as an outsider looking in, I agree
    Little late to the show Andy... that ship has sailed.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I had a non-King book set sell on eBay yesterday through a fixed price listing.
    Buyer had to pay immediately, so no issue there.

Looking more closely, the buyer has zero feedback and just created their eBay account yesterday, before immediately making a $900 purchase.
    I admit this makes me very skeptical since eBay makes it so easy for buyers to scam sellers.
    Debating if I should cancel the sale.
    Anyone else have thoughts on this situation? Worth the risk to ship them?
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the buyer has paid, and you are shipping it with delivery confirmation, I say go for it.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the buyer has paid, and you are shipping it with delivery confirmation, I say go for it.
    Agreed, if the payment has been made to eBay the risk is minimal at this point... IMO
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You can use USPS Signature Confirmation and Hold for Pickup. That will make the customer go to the Post Office and show ID to pick up the package.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Agreed, if the payment has been made to eBay the risk is minimal at this point... IMO
    I agree. I sold a $400 purse for my mother-in-law, and when the buyer complained it did not show, all I had to do was have ebay look at the delivery confirmation, and the sale was upheld. No issues whatsoever. One of the few times I was pretty happy with ebay.

Traveler yatrajee11 is on a distinguished road

I have a locked parcel locker that the USPS can leave things in, or they can leave me a "package waiting at the post office" note...or they can leave it outside my gate....unfortunately, sometimes they drop it over the gate. mobdro apk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unusual first post.
    Welcome I guess
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by yatrajee11 View Post
    I have a locked parcel locker that the USPS can leave things in, or they can leave me a "package waiting at the post office" note...or they can leave it outside my gate....unfortunately, sometimes they drop it over the gate.
    Welcome! The postal service drops packages over your gate? Yikes. Is the gate locked?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I’m not sure where to put this, but figured it will end here.

Basically I bought 3 books from a prolific collector, after selling to them successfully over an 18 month period of decent comms.

2 of the books (Johnny Got his Gun, Blackwater numbered) have been delivered to the seller, and on 27th April, I received the message that they would be posted the next day and a copy of receipt would be sent. Replay to follow when complete.

Long story short, delivery of 2 books promised on 27th April, then nothing.

4 weeks, 4 messenger messages and 2 emails later, I get a very apologetic email saying none of my messages received and will contact me the next day as it was late…but not posted yet.

3 days later and nothing again.

I’m so desperate to put my faith in that person but after 2 more sent emails, my trust and faith is low.

But damn, I want those books, including a Replay that matches my old number.

This is an open letter requesting they provide proof of delivery or make arrangements to send my £1,000 (I’ll work out the exact £ later) back.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 LastLast