Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Locke & Key on Netflix

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Locke & Key on Netflix

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...fringes_k.html

Graphic novels don't always translate when brought to life for TV or the movies, as the underwhelming box office for Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World made pretty clear. That said, the success of X-Men and Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight-powered Batman reboot has inspired Hollywood to keep trying. The latest example: Vulture hears Steven Spielberg, via DreamWorks TV, is teaming with mega-hyphenates Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Transformers, Hawaii Five-O, Fringe) and writer/exec producer Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) to turn Joe Hill's Locke & Key comic series into a major TV franchise. Oh, and did we mention that Hill is Stephen King's son?

First released in 2008, Locke & Key revolves around three kids who end up watching over a secret, spooky New England mansion filled with mystical doors that transport them to different worlds and give them special powers (like turning into a ghost). Dimension had purchased the TV and film rights to the IDW Publishing series back in 2008, not long after the first installment came out (several installments have followed, including one released earlier this month). While there had been talk in the blogosphere of Kurtzman and Orci turning Locke and Key into a feature, the project is now moving ahead as a TV series, with Friedman on board to write and produce. Kurtzman and Orci recently signed a big overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, so the studio will end up producing with Spielberg's DreamWorks TV (mirroring their current collaboration on Spielberg's fall 2011 Fox dinosaur drama Terra Nova). There's no broadcast or cable outlet attached yet, but based on the idea for the show and the fact that 20th is involved, the Fox network certainly seems like a logical home.

One thing's for sure: With the star wattage attached, it wouldn't be surprising if some network steps up big-time and makes a major commitment to Locke and Key.

UPDATE: As expected, Vulture has learned that the Fox network is in discussions to develop Locke and Key with 20th and DreamWorks TV.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am soooo excited about this!!! Hopefully they will be able to do it justice. Unlike Sai King's ventures into television.....

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll admit, I haven't seen Kick-Ass or Scott Pilgrim, but I suspect their low figures at the box office compared to X-Men and Batman was more due to the fact they're just not as well known rather than poor quality. I'm not convinced Scott Pilgrim will be my cup of tea but I've come across plenty of good reviews from both of them.

As for Locke and Key, I haven't read any of these comics yet, but the synopsis I've read is appealing. Something that could be very filmic I reckon. I'll keep my eye out for the books.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You'd be right. Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim are really fun films.

Also, check out Locke and Key. They are really good.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, no, nooooooooooooo!! Why do they keep doing this? Locke and Key is one of the best comic series in such a long time. There are so many cool elements that won't translate to film/tv. I just wish people didn't feel the need to make tv programmes and films out of every good book that comes along. It's like saying that books aren't valid as their own medium.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Locke & Key on Netflix

“It’s official: Four months after Hulu opted not to go forward with its Locke & Key pilot, the project — an adaptation of Joe Hill’s comic Locke & Key, from Carlton Cuse and IDW Entertainment — has closed a deal for a 10-episode series order at rival Netflix.”

https://deadline.com/2018/07/locke-k...ll-1202433692/

Some additional articles...

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/loc...es-1202886326/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...runner-1129909

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent news!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Nice job digging up this thread.

I'm looking forward to this one, not as much as I was back in the day when I had just read the graphic novels though. If done right, this should be great.

I know they shot a pilot years ago and it didn't get picked up. Hopefully, they fixed the issues.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill=I watch it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Joe Hill=I watch it.
    So you liked Horns?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Joe Hill=I watch it.
    So you liked Horns?
    And In the Tall Grass. Yeesh! I'm looking forward to the show though because A) I won't have to look at that awful artwork by Rodriguez B) the producers (in theory) don't have to unnecessarily pad the story because there's plenty of source material.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed both the book and the movie as seperate entities just like I do with any book vs movie
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm super excited for this.

In case anyone misses it, this is where the URL at the end takes you. Looks like it's the first scene.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious if anybody was able to check out the pilot episode Hulu didn't pick up? I know it's out there

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Just curious if anybody was able to check out the pilot episode Hulu didn't pick up? I know it's out there
    I haven't but I would love to. I always thought a cool website would be one that just has unaired pilots on it. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Had anyone seen this yet? I remember the comic series getting fairly dark at times, and while Rose has seen her share of adult horror movies, I was wondering if there was anything too bad in the TV show?

I'd hate to be watching the show with her and then all of a sudden the main character gets raped by a wolf for twenty minutes, for example. Lol

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Had anyone seen this yet? I remember the comic series getting fairly dark at times, and while Rose has seen her share of adult horror movies, I was wondering if there was anything too bad in the TV show?

I'd hate to be watching the show with her and then all of a sudden the main character gets raped by a wolf for twenty minutes, for example. Lol
    It debuted today. I'll start watching tonight.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched episode one last night. Decent. Did good job with cast. Bode could be a better actor but good enough for a kid actor.

Only read the books once but seems pretty accurate to them so far.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

ALOHA

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the first 2 episodes and loved. Yet to read the graphic novels.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast