Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2022 Oscar Discussion/Contest Thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They’re happening, just not as a ceremony of anything.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slowly the world realizes they don’t care about movie / TV stars getting awards and their heads blown up even more so. Literally no one is taking about the Globes and it seems no one cares much. Sad… but i see the Oscars following this path since viewership has declined over and over year to year.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why anyone cares about Oscars ratings and viewership. Not like they will stop awarding Oscars after 100 years. It will never happen.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Slowly the world realizes they don’t care about movie / TV stars getting awards and their heads blown up even more so. Literally no one is taking about the Globes and it seems no one cares much. Sad… but i see the Oscars following this path since viewership has declined over and over year to year.
    The Oscars will never go that route and the only reason why the Globes went that route is because of controversy. The uptick in COVID cases made it an even easier call to cancel.

It's not that people don't care about TV/Movie stars getting awards, it's the kind of films that are being honored. Most audiences only care about a certain kind of film and those films aren't honored, for the most part, come Oscar season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those guys really are passionate.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it's funny. Also, Bardem and Kidman getting nominated here makes me think it's possible Being the Ricardos gets in for Best Picture.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yeah it's funny. Also, Bardem and Kidman getting nominated here makes me think it's possible Being the Ricardos gets in for Best Picture.
    A definite possibility, especially since 10 films are guaranteed to be nominated this year.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vigreen View Post
    I saw passing at Sundance and wasn't blown away. I do need to watch it again, especially since I have since read the book, which is fantastic and features a different ending.
    A MUCH better ending. I have no clue why they would change that.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing Being the Ricardos getting more recognition is making me more excited for a Best Picture nomination!

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so out of the loop on Oscars stuff this year. Hopefully I'll be more updated once the noms come out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The nominations are in:

You can submit your online ballot here. Instructions can be found in the first post: https://tinyurl.com/OscarContest2022

Best Picture

Belfast

CODA

Don’t Look Up

Drive My Car

Dune

King Richard

Licorice Pizza

Nightmare Alley

The Power of the Dog

West Side Story

Best Director

Kenneth Branagh, Belfast

Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Drive My Car

Paul Thomas Anderson, Licorice Pizza

Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog

Steven Spielberg, West Side Story

Best Actor

Javier Bardem, Being the Ricardos

Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog

Andrew Garfield, Tick, Tick … Boom!

Will Smith, King Richard

Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Best Actress

Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter

Penélope Cruz, Parallel Mothers

Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos

Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Best Supporting Actor

Ciaran Hinds, Belfast

Troy Kotsur, CODA

Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog

J.K. Simmons, Being the Ricardos

Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog

Best Supporting Actress

Jessie Buckley, The Lost Daughter

Ariana DeBose, West Side Story

Judi Dench, Belfast

Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog

Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard

Original Screenplay

Belfast

Don’t Look Up

King Richard

Licorice Pizza

The Worst Person in the World

Adapted Screenplay

CODA

Drive My Car

Dune

The Lost Daughter

The Power of the Dog

Animated Feature

Encanto

Flee

Luca

The Mitchells vs. the Machines

Raya and the Last Dragon

Production Design

Dune

Nightmare Alley

The Power of the Dog

The Tragedy of Macbeth

West Side Story

Costume Design

Cruella

Cyrano

Dune

Nightmare Alley

West Side Story

Cinematography

Dune

Nightmare Alley

The Power of the Dog

The Tragedy of Macbeth

West Side Story

Editing

Don’t Look Up

Dune

King Richard

The Power of the Dog

Tick, Tick … Boom!

Makeup and Hairstyling

Coming 2 America

Cruella

Dune

The Eyes of Tammy Faye

House of Gucci

Sound

Belfast

Dune

No Time to Die

The Power of the Dog

West Side Story

Visual Effects

Dune

Free Guy

No Time to Die

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Score

Don’t Look Up

Dune

Encanto

Parallel Mothers

The Power of the Dog

Song

Be Alive (“King Richard”)

Dos Oruguitas (“Encanto”)

Down to Joy (“Belfast”)

No Time To Die (“No Time to Die”)

Somehow You Do (“Four Good Days”)

Documentary Feature

Ascension

Attica

Flee

Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)

Writing With Fire

International Feature

Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom, Bhutan

Flee, Denmark

The Hand of God, Italy

Drive My Car, Japan

The Worst Person in the World, Norway

Animated Short

Affairs of the Art

Bestia

Boxballet

Robin Robin

The Windshield Wiper

Documentary Short

Audible

Lead Me Home

The Queen of Basketball

Three Songs for Benazir

When We Were Bullies

Live-Action Short

The Dress

The Long Goodbye

On My Mind

Please Hold

Ala Kachuu — Take and Run

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, with all the acting noms I am truly SHOCKED that Being the Ricardos was not nominated for Best Picture. A huge snub for me, I was so excited for it to be recognized. I loved that movie so much!

Country
    Country Flag

Also, how is Denis not nominated?

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Also, how is Denis not nominated?
    I don’t get it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Nightmare Alley (watched the original this weekend) yesterday - but have a long way to go on most of the rest. Only seen one documentary...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

My pick to win is CODA. The best movie of 2021.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you loved Being the Ricardos, Mae, but if it were up to me, it wouldn't have gotten any nominations.

I was shocked Denis didn't get a directing nomination. His hands are all over that film. Dune is not even close to a success without him.

I've been touting Nightmare Alley for a while, so I was so happy to see it get nominated for Best Picture.

I was bummed to see Caitriona Balfe left out of the Best Supporting Actress category. It's time for new blood. The Academy has to let the whole Judi Dench thing go. She's barely in the film and hardly gives the best performance. While we are talking about Belfast, it's Jamie Dornan who should have been nominated and not Hinds.

As for the rest, I'm impressed with The Power of the Dog. 12 total nominations and 4 for acting nominations is pretty amazing. I loved the film, so I'm happy with that.

I was also very pleased to see Mitchells vs the Machines get an Animated Film nomination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast