Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 441 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You seem on the fence Kris
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    You seem on the fence Kris
    Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spider Man NWH was indeed a fantastic MCU film. Might be top 5 MCU when all the dust settles. It delivered on everything, from spectacle to heartfelt moments to just Wow factor. Can't wait to see it again!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Spider Man NWH last night. Very enjoyable and fun. A little long but a definite must see.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spider Man NWH was indeed a fantastic MCU film. Might be top 5 MCU when all the dust settles. It delivered on everything, from spectacle to heartfelt moments to just Wow factor. Can't wait to see it again!
    Top 5? Come on.. .surely you must feel its top 3 at least? I mean... I cannot think of one that is better than this. Its so gooooooooooood.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Being the Ricardos on Amazon Prime. Loved it, such an emotional journey! One of my top favorite movies this year. What a great achievement from everyone involved.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Saw Spiderman. It was outstanding. A great story. One of the MCU films for me. At one point people were clapping in the theater. I really loved it.
    I can't wait to see where they go from here. TBH, I don't know how they could have made it better.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Matrix Resurrections was fantastic! I knew it was going to be meta, going by the trailers, but I had NO IDEA just how meta they were gonna go, and I absolutely loved every second of it. The meta-commentary on reboots and franchises was spot on and cynical, just like dystopian cyberpunk should be. Did I mention I loved this?

Country
    Country Flag

The Matrix. It’s my all time favourite movie. I remember that night in the theatre with my friends so well and it was 22 years ago. I loved Reloaded and was ok with Revolutions. Now the new one…. Soooo many missed opportunities. Action is missing. The sexy fluent ness of the action is gone. It was chippy and messy. It moved without the Character development from the first ones. It was missing so much. The sexiness of the first ones… it was gone.

YET… had some much. I don’t know how to explain my experience so I will see it again. One thing I do know is that they could really make a A LA’ T2 with the next one If they wanted to. Some cool stuff… the concept was brillant and I’m ready for more. Sadly releasing this the way they did? It will flop in the theatres. There is no way this makes enough to get another unless HBO somehow throws money at it that we are unaware of. 7/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Matrix. It’s my all time favourite movie. I remember that night in the theatre with my friends so well and it was 22 years ago. I loved Reloaded and was ok with Revolutions. Now the new one…. Soooo many missed opportunities. Action is missing. The sexy fluent ness of the action is gone. It was chippy and messy. It moved without the Character development from the first ones. It was missing so much. The sexiness of the first ones… it was gone.

YET… had some much. I don’t know how to explain my experience so I will see it again. One thing I do know is that they could really make a A LA’ T2 with the next one If they wanted to. Some cool stuff… the concept was brillant and I’m ready for more. Sadly releasing this the way they did? It will flop in the theatres. There is no way this makes enough to get another unless HBO somehow throws money at it that we are unaware of. 7/10

I enjoyed it more then movies 2 and 3, but that doesn't say much. I basically agree on your assessment of the movie. Not enough Matrix type action. After 20 years they couldn't think of some amazing action scenes? I enjoyed the story but it took way too long to get there. This movie should have came out years ago. Not sure why it took so long to decided to make this. There is a feeling for a continuation, but does there really need to be? 7/10 seems fair.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah honestly Matrix Resurrections was a disappointment to me as well. I'm all for homages and callbacks, but this film was so self-referential I kept wanting to watch the original film instead. There were definitely some neat ideas and I liked the expansion of the lore, but there just wasn't enough there for me to ever want to watch it again.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m really surprised it’s not more well received. Need to watch it again before I can try and speak more intelligently on what it’s saying but I thought this review did a good job:

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2284...ections-review

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I’m really surprised it’s not more well received. Need to watch it again before I can try and speak more intelligently on what it’s saying but I thought this review did a good job:

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2284...ections-review
    I’m not surprised.
    They let the fans down. Period.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

How so? I thought the movie was incredibly clever in its commentary on sequels, reboots, and franchises. It didn't up the ante in Matrix-style action, if that's what you expected, because it was doing it purposefully. They even say right at the start, something like "why use old code to do something new"? I honestly thought the whole thing was brilliant.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I enjoyed it more then movies 2 and 3, but that doesn't say much. I basically agree on your assessment of the movie. Not enough Matrix type action. After 20 years they couldn't think of some amazing action scenes? I enjoyed the story but it took way too long to get there. This movie should have came out years ago. Not sure why it took so long to decided to make this. There is a feeling for a continuation, but does there really need to be? 7/10 seems fair.
    Gotta agree for the most part. Somehow it just didn't quite feel like another Matrix film. "Reloaded" is still the fucking best "Matriz Movie" ever IMHO. Then comes I, then III and now IV. They spent way too much film explaining the new premise. I believe we all got it so, get with the classic Matrix movie madness. "Fury Road" had more classic action IMHO. lol

Side Note" The guy playing the new "Morpheus" was very good. Not so much for the, JPS character I'm afraid. Still, it was enjoyable over some recent offerings like "Suicide Squad" and "Dune". IDK, I just have mixed feelings. Wasn't the slam duck I was looking for I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    How so? I thought the movie was incredibly clever in its commentary on sequels, reboots, and franchises. It didn't up the ante in Matrix-style action, if that's what you expected, because it was doing it purposefully. They even say right at the start, something like "why use old code to do something new"? I honestly thought the whole thing was brilliant.
    I'm with you. I was pleasantly surprised. It was well-written and leaned into the meta from the get-go. I think it even presaged its critics by making fun of things like 'bullet time'. It wasn't trying to warm over history, it was trying to move past it in an interesting way.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Mae that the new Matrix was fantastic. I'm glad we didn't get another action fest as I think that was part of 2 and 3's problem. They became about the action set pieces but the movies around those set pieces were mediocre at best.

I will also say I don't know if the new Spider-man is top 3 MCU but I'd buy any argument that puts it top 5. Out of the Spider-man movies themselves, it is tied for second best with Spider-man as nothing tops the greatest story ever told....Spider-man 2.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I agree with Mae that the new Matrix was fantastic. I'm glad we didn't get another action fest as I think that was part of 2 and 3's problem. They became about the action set pieces but the movies around those set pieces were mediocre at best.

I will also say I don't know if the new Spider-man is top 3 MCU but I'd buy any argument that puts it top 5. Out of the Spider-man movies themselves, it is tied for second best with Spider-man as nothing tops the greatest story ever told....Spider-man 2.
    Hollands Spider-Man’s to me are better than any before it. It was funny in our theatre… everyone cheers when Garfield shows and then boos were thrown when Tony showed. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

I agree on the new Spider-Man. When I was watching Eternals I kept thinking could they just get to the big concluding fight and wrap it up already?!? I'd have been happy if it'd been an hour shorter. When I was watching Spider-Man I was wrapped up in the fun and didn't want it to end. I'd have been happy if it'd been an hour longer. God I hope Sony isn't a jerk with the IP going forward.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

On my watch list for this weekend

The Power of the Dog
    Don't Look Up

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed Don't Look Up. Curious to hear your thoughts afterwards.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to seeing the new Spiderman movie. Very entertaining with some real emotional moments, and some wonderful nostalgia. Probably in my top seven MCU films right now. This film, along with the Loki series, has me really intrigued to see the new Doctor Strange film - the multi-verse possibilities are endless. When I heard they went back for massive re-shoots I suspect a lot of fun cameos. 10/10.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, a lot was made of a recent study of scary movies that measured frights based on heart rate. Based on their recommendations, I checked out number one, Host. Loved it. So scary for a simple film that was done during the confines of the pandemic. My daughters and their friend certainly thought is was the scariest film they had ever seen (the first three Paranormals were tops before for them) - me, not so much, but it was still a fun scare ride. The film clocks in at around an hour long - it's amazing how many jumps and characters can be developed in such a short time. Well worth you time. 8.5/10.

Here is a link to an article about the study: https://www.nme.com/news/film/host-c...m-ever-3056260

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    So, a lot was made of a recent study of scary movies that measured frights based on heart rate. Based on their recommendations, I checked out number one, Host. Loved it. So scary for a simple film that was done during the confines of the pandemic. My daughters and their friend certainly thought is was the scariest film they had ever seen (the first three Paranormals were tops before for them) - me, not so much, but it was still a fun scare ride. The film clocks in at around an hour long - it's amazing how many jumps and characters can be developed in such a short time. Well worth you time. 8.5/10.

Here is a link to an article about the study: https://www.nme.com/news/film/host-c...m-ever-3056260
    Never even heard of it before, but you have me intrigued. Will watch it this week sometime.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 441 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 ... LastLast