Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1184

Thread: Bookcases

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Are we all just going to ignore the severed leg casually leaning against the bookcase in the second-to-last picture?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I try not to be impolite about other's dietary habits.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

We can ignore it as long as he doesn't tell us where the rest of the body is.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    They are very easy to assemble. That guy that left that review must have been challenged.
    Agree, I am completely useless handy wise, and I can do one by myself in less then an hour. However, I seem to recall there were several holes for screws that were too small, and was tough as shit to get screwed in (step 16 if IRC), probably not a big deal if you have a power screw driver.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Ikea cases are holding up fine, and they look quite acceptable. They were a bit of a PITA to build. Because they are narrow and tall, it's crucial that they be anchored at the top to a wall stud using an earthquake strap cinched tight.

They are against the back wall in this picture:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Looks nice Jerome.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, that's a very nice set-up indeed!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Are we all just going to ignore the severed leg casually leaning against the bookcase in the second-to-last picture?

Shush!!!! the freezer was completely full.... but been having trouble getting meat at the grocery store. We're are in a pandemic you know... Kicking things up here to survival mode.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    They are very easy to assemble. That guy that left that review must have been challenged.
    Agree, I am completely useless handy wise, and I can do one by myself in less then an hour. However, I seem to recall there were several holes for screws that were too small, and was tough as shit to get screwed in (step 16 if IRC), probably not a big deal if you have a power screw driver.

Thanks for the input... I ordered two of the 31.5" cherry colored ones... but eta on delivery is May 15th... we'll see if that happens.
    Pretty sure I can figure out how to put them together... I built all the other bookcases... and a gremlin.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep... I went with the Billy too... love them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    My Ikea cases are holding up fine, and they look quite acceptable. They were a bit of a PITA to build. Because they are narrow and tall, it's crucial that they be anchored at the top to a wall stud using an earthquake strap cinched tight.

They are against the back wall in this picture:

Looks like a fancy place, it's very nice!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely loving the larger collection pics here

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Also use Billys with Oxbergs - I bought two 6' 8" ones about 20 years ago, and I've seen some very minor warping of shelves, but given they've had heavy books on them for 20 years, I'd call it a success.

I don't remember them being that hard to assemble, although I will admit that the doors aren't *perfectly* aligned. But they close, and they keep the dust out. They look fine.

One thing I will say is that the back of the bookcase is just two thin plywood panels that you attach to the frame using small tacks. I have a tendency to push books right to the back of the shelf, and sure enough, over time, one of the backs detached and fell down. So I had to reattach it using something stronger than the tacks provided. The particle board that the frame is made of doesn't hold the tacks that well, either, to be fair.

(In other news, I ended up making two extra shelves for my SF paperback bookcase by buying a 6' x 11" piece of pre-primed MDF, cutting it to size, and painting the two shelves to match the fake mahogany wood veneer of the case. It cost about $30 total, and you can barely tell the difference, even close up. Thanks to all - especially Brian - for the advice.)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I replaced the top two shelves in my case with glass shelves, then added LED lighting from above. Makes for a nice "trophy" display for unique books, and allows light down through the second shelf.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I added lights too. I have two other cases for the very rare stuff. I’m almost out of room again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you have an IT fixation

Another great display.

Country
    Country Flag

Lol little

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Also use Billys with Oxbergs - I bought two 6' 8" ones about 20 years ago, and I've seen some very minor warping of shelves, but given they've had heavy books on them for 20 years, I'd call it a success.

I don't remember them being that hard to assemble, although I will admit that the doors aren't *perfectly* aligned. But they close, and they keep the dust out. They look fine.

One thing I will say is that the back of the bookcase is just two thin plywood panels that you attach to the frame using small tacks. I have a tendency to push books right to the back of the shelf, and sure enough, over time, one of the backs detached and fell down. So I had to reattach it using something stronger than the tacks provided. The particle board that the frame is made of doesn't hold the tacks that well, either, to be fair.

(In other news, I ended up making two extra shelves for my SF paperback bookcase by buying a 6' x 11" piece of pre-primed MDF, cutting it to size, and painting the two shelves to match the fake mahogany wood veneer of the case. It cost about $30 total, and you can barely tell the difference, even close up. Thanks to all - especially Brian - for the advice.)

HBJ
    The door hinges are adjustable. If the cabinet is level, you should be able to line up the doors.

Don't rely exclusively on the pins, cams and nails. There is nothing like some quality wood glue when assembling cabinets. Also be sure to square up the case before securing the back.

Thanks, Peter, Glad I could help.

If you notice minor bowing of the shelves, you can simply flip them over.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Lol little

Great clean presentation, Kris. Your EOTD is displayed nice. A particularly special one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Lol little

Great clean presentation, Kris. Your EOTD is displayed nice. A particularly special one?

Yeah there is that and a WTTKH. They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    I won two that night as most didn’t seem to be interested in them. It was for charity and many were won by members here

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol little

Yeah there is that and a WTTKH. They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    I won two that night as most didn’t seem to be interested in them. It was for charity and many were won by members here

I figured there was a cool story behind those. Thanks for sharing.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    $25 each or five for $100 maybe.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    $25 each or five for $100 maybe.
    Maybe. I honestly cannot remember other than I thought it was a lot for a ticket. Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol little

I figured there was a cool story behind those. Thanks for sharing.

That Florida trip has a lot of cool stories.

Stephen King Signing & Event-Manatee Florida 1/29/2015

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast