Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 574 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 624 674 1074 ... LastLast
Results 14,326 to 14,350 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I get that some people sell parts of their collections over time, and I am glad that Jill is getting some visibility, but I don't get the point of asking an artist to remarque your book and then just flipping it? I certainly have flipped some items over the years but I would never do it so blatantly after asking for the remarque to be done. Considering the book is $150, the print is $50 and the frame is probably $30 - you could do this yourself with Jill. What are your thoughts?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    $750 BIN for TWO S/L (not PC's), should be considered. Starting bid is $500, but easier to just buy if you want them:
    The Secretary of Dreams, Stephen King S/L vol 1 and 2 #488 signed
    $750 sounded right. Someone bid on it now though so it's an auction.
    I agree but if you can get that for $500??? That is a steal...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    I get that some people sell parts of their collections over time, and I am glad that Jill is getting some visibility, but I don't get the point of asking an artist to remarque your book and then just flipping it? I certainly have flipped some items over the years but I would never do it so blatantly after asking for the remarque to be done. Considering the book is $150, the print is $50 and the frame is probably $30 - you could do this yourself with Jill. What are your thoughts?
    You could certainly get Jill to do a remarque for you. The benefit of that would be that you would have some input. You would first need to buy the book. You would also need to buy the limited print.

This is a ready made package. Depending on the reserve it could be a good deal.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Why do you do this to me!!!! I sat there and looked at it!!! i dont "need" any of these!!! but just the possibility of upgrading my Firestarter copy made me pull the trigger!

Thank You for posting!

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I did not think I would have to explain my book auction but apparently I do. Where do you get information where I got the book or why I am selling it?
    I have bought this partiular book already remarqued from the book dealer, not the artist.
    Later I have received another book remarqued directly from Jill and that book I am keeping. Therefore I am selling the first copy, because I don't need two copies. In order for me to "flip" it I would have to sell it for about $450, which I don't, not even close. And, yes, it would cost much more to put this book/framed poster together and worry about dents in various shippings than buying the ready book/frame package if it sells around the reserve price. I am also selling some of the other King books on ebay so feel free to PM me if they don't sell there. Thanks

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I don't think that it would matter to Jill at all if the book was flipped or not. She is getting paid for her work and after that she probably doesn't have much concern. As the seller stated, he purchased this book from a seller of remarqued books who does the same thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't feel ap275 needed to explain their-self. It's their book/art, they can do with it as they please.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't feel ap275 needed to explain their-self. It's their book/art, they can do with it as they please.
    Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This artist does some good work and has some It and Pet Semetary inspired works for very reasonable prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pennywise-St...item1e90c068ed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item20eb0695b9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item1e8e48d055

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    This artist does some good work and has some It and Pet Semetary inspired works for very reasonable prices.

I just cannot justify putting art on my wall by some random artist that has had nothing to do with Kings work... to me... worthless....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I just cannot justify putting art on my wall by some random artist that has had nothing to do with Kings work... to me... worthless....
    Haha.. well to each their own I guess. I personally don't feel that just because an artist is not associated with King's work that it makes any of their art worthless. I am sure there a lot of Constant Reader owners who would agree. I don't find Rachael's work worthless.. I actually quite enjoy it

Country
    Country Flag

Haha.. well to each their own I guess. I personally don't feel that just because an artist is not associated with King's work that it makes any of their art worthless. I am sure there a lot of Constant Reader owners who would agree. I don't find Rachael's work worthless.. I actually quite enjoy it
    I mean no disrespect an I own Rachels work... her sculptures though. I think there is so much value to have art done by an artist who worked on Kings stuff. Like I would not be interested in a remarque by Glen C in a GE of IT.... he had nothing to do with it. Just my 2 cents.. and I am sure there are others that would agree. But thanks for trying to make it seem like I blasted Rachael though bud.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean no disrespect an I own Rachels work... her sculptures though. I think there is so much value to have art done by an artist who worked on Kings stuff. Like I would not be interested in a remarque by Glen C in a GE of IT.... he had nothing to do with it. Just my 2 cents.. and I am sure there are others that would agree. But thanks for trying to make it seem like I blasted Rachael though bud.
    Haha.. well blanket statements lead to that but no worries.

I 100% agree with you on remarques. A book remarqued by an artist not associated with the book doesn't hold any value to me, no matter how good the art is. Ultimately we all have our own collection styles. I was just trying to post a few art options for others that may have been interested.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If some people are interested :
    "Fantasy Review (January, 1984), includes : A Letter from Stephen King"
    $18 on amazon
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/FANTASY-REVIEW.../dp/B001DQD214
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that Aronstg was trying to make it look like you were blasting Rachel's work, he was drawing a comparison, not linking two unrelated situations. I took his comment to mean that anyone can produce artwork related to something they enjoy but not everyone is going to find value in it. Rachel may not have other involvement in his books but people enjoy what she's produced.

My question would be this: do the pieces up for auctions violate any copyright laws? This is a sincere question as I'm not well versed in such things and a lot of these things are very similar to the movie adaptations. I would rather something that doesn't look like an artist's lightly veiled, personal take on a movie character.

Country
    Country Flag

I 100% agree with you on remarques. A book remarqued by an artist not associated with the book doesn't hold any value to me, no matter how good the art is. Ultimately we all have our own collection styles. I was just trying to post a few art options for others that may have been interested.
    And I was giving my opinion which is one of the great things of this thread but man it gets tiring with people always ready to jump on someone else for that... an opinion. You could have looked back in my collection thread and seen the glowing remarks I have for Rachel and her work. Did I once say the work wasn't good? No, I said it had NO value to me and thus worthless... to me. It could be the best looking art in the world but I cannot justify getting it. Maybe you can... maybe others can. But.. that is up to them as they may have different opinions on the topic.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And I was giving my opinion which is one of the great things of this thread but man it gets tiring with people always ready to jump on someone else for that... an opinion. You could have looked back in my collection thread and seen the glowing remarks I have for Rachel and her work. Did I once say the work wasn't good? No, I said it had NO value to me and thus worthless... to me. It could be the best looking art in the world but I cannot justify getting it. Maybe you can... maybe others can. But.. that is up to them as they may have different opinions on the topic.
    Why are you still bent out of shape about this? I recognized your comment and agreed with some of your assessments. Let's move on and see what other fun things are for sale

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Default Fluffy

Not sure if this has already been shared (I tried searching, but didn't see it)...

I got one of these little guys when they were first produced. The quality is incredible and it looks awesome on my shelf. This is the last one available, the mold has been destroyed. In case anyone is interested, the auction ends today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluffy-Creep...item20eb099f41

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    I don't think that Aronstg was trying to make it look like you were blasting Rachel's work, he was drawing a comparison, not linking two unrelated situations. I took his comment to mean that anyone can produce artwork related to something they enjoy but not everyone is going to find value in it. Rachel may not have other involvement in his books but people enjoy what she's produced.

My question would be this: do the pieces up for auctions violate any copyright laws? This is a sincere question as I'm not well versed in such things and a lot of these things are very similar to the movie adaptations. I would rather something that doesn't look like an artist's lightly veiled, personal take on a movie character.

That is a good question and something I haven't thought about. I think there is something out there that allows people to create fan art and it is legal. I think it's all on how you sell it. I think you mass produce something for sale then there are copy right problems but smaller projects based are more okay?

I do agree that her stuff isn't that original, it sticks pretty close to the movie characters.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post

It is more than likely infringement since they are being sold. Assuming of course that the artist did not receive permission from the copyright holder.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe Andy Warhol was successfully sued by the owners of Campbell's soup.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did they even try?

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have this limited edition cd pack from one of my favourite bands (well 2 bands formed by the same guy). The cd, mug and t-shirt are housed in an oversized soup can. Wonder if they needed permission for this?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Geeze webstar... Twice in one week??? What is with you and threadcrapping in the sales thread?

Didn't your mom ever teach you if you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 574 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 624 674 1074 ... LastLast