Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Please Read

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Please Read

I'd like to pose a question for any of you that would mind helping me. I am thinking about starting a novel, and i would like to gather input on what kind of book you would like to see written, by me or just anybody, even your favorite author. what genre: murder, fantasy, murder-fantasy, anything. what kind of plots, what kind of characters. your idea of the perfect book. i am not asking this so i can copy, but i am asking because i have a thousand ideas in my head, and if a good bit of you said, say.....i would like to see a fantasy novel about pirates traveling the galaxy on an enchanted sperm cell, and i happened to have an idea related to said idea, it would help me pick a path. bc honestly i have no idea which idea i should use. confusing yes, but i'm in a pickle. much thanks

and if this isn't the right thread, help me lol. i didnt exactly know where to pose the question
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

pirates traveling the galaxy on an enchanted sperm cell? great idea!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I am into nothing but horror. Of course, I like the idea of pirates riding on sperm cells as well

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just want to say that if you want to write a book, you should write something that you want to write. Chances are that if you enjoy writing it, somebody is going to enjoy reading it.

Seriously, if you can't think of anything to write then you shouldn't be writing. That is my honest opinion. I don't write what other people want me to write, ever. I let people give me tips on how to write better, but not tell me what to write.

If you want to write a horror, write a horror. If you want to write a fantasy, write a fantasy. If you want to write, as Linda so graciously put it, a story about pirates traveling the galaxy on an enchanted sperm cell, why the hell not? Go for it. But don't write something if you don't want to write it.

So, now, I pose the question to you:
    What do you want to write?
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Country
    Country Flag

thats the problem, i've got so many things i want to write about, that i was hoping somebody would have a suggestion that would trigger one of my ideas to kind of raise above the rest. bc i have an idea for a new story everyday it seems, and i just cant write them all
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

horror
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Dave! is on a distinguished road Dave!'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, (and not meaning for it to sound as blunt as it looks in type) Pick one and go with it. Which idea grabs you and compells you to expand on it? Which one has the best chance of a developing storyline? Which one has the most substance, the best roots from which to grow the story? Take them and in a quiet place close tour eyes and imagine where you want the idea to go, and picture it on paper. When you do, does one idea in particular seem clearer or better than the others? And I agree with Candice^. Write what you want to write, and what grabs you the most. And it's not a one-or-nothing type thing. You can always write on one of the other ideas later. Sometimes it comes in handy as a diversion when writer's block hits. Write on another one for a while and come back to the prior. Given enough time you can write at least something on all of your ideas, and the ones that bloom into something you yourself like should be at the forefront.
    I've had some ideas that once I typed five or six chapters I scrapped the idea. It just didn't flow well into anything that would amount to a decent read. You will probably find the same to be true. Some ideas sound good, but once you try to actually grow a story from it it stinks. It serves to narrow the field, anyway. But good luck!
    Because of you I'm Alive. For you I'm awake-Godsmack

What shall a man have if he gain the entire world but lose his own soul?-Book of Mark

I will fear no evil. Cuz I'm the baddest muthafucker in the valley-Jarhead

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The hardest part is getting started, man. I can see your predicament, 'cause everyting seems to inspire you when you're tinking of writing - little incidents you see on a bus, trees, lamp-posts, footsteps, fucking everyting - and if tere's one ting worse tan aving no ideas, it's aving too many!
    I can't elp you out, 'cause the way I figure, te greatest ideas tend to come witout warning. I use my dreams a lot, when writing poetry and shit, maybe make a dream journal? You migt get some pretty bitchin' ideas from things that are already in your head.

Good luck!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Along the Path of the Beam Mai is on a distinguished road Mai's Avatar

I live in Midway. It is south of the river from Kingston Tennessee
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a hard decision. I like to read anything. I agree with Dave and Candice. You should write what you want to write. And like they said, If you enjoy writting it, someone will enjoy reading it. Good Luck!!
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I wanna play someting so funky you can smell it."- Buddy Guy

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the help guys. means alot. i will most definately try my hardest. thanks again

and alisha, i believe your h on you keyboard quit working for a little while there lol
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    The hardest part is getting started, man. I can see your predicament, 'cause everyting seems to inspire you when you're tinking of writing - little incidents you see on a bus, trees, lamp-posts, footsteps, fucking everyting - and if tere's one ting worse tan aving no ideas, it's aving too many!
    I can't elp you out, 'cause the way I figure, te greatest ideas tend to come witout warning. I use my dreams a lot, when writing poetry and shit, maybe make a dream journal? You migt get some pretty bitchin' ideas from things that are already in your head.

Good luck!
    Is your H key broke Alisha? I actually read your post out loud while picturing you in my head and it just made you 100 times more cute.

"I've had some ideas that once I typed five or six chapters I scrapped the idea. It just didn't flow well into anything that would amount to a decent read. You will probably find the same to be true. Some ideas sound good, but once you try to actually grow a story from it it stinks. It serves to narrow the field, anyway."

I agree with Dave 100%.

Traveler RolandStageDive is on a distinguished road RolandStageDive's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My only advice is to grab one and run with it. If it dies it dies and you can come back to the pool, draw some water and run again.
    My first thought was
    He Lied in every word
    That hoary cripple
    With malicious eye
    Askance to watch the workings of his lie