Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, great Talisman/Black House collection! I really like the CD slipcase for the Scribner set. Back when they were issued I opted for the plain black VJ Books slipcased combo (signed by Straub) but this looks a lot better. I really like the cover art of these reprints and the small print run is a nice bonus.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I realised I own TOO many The Talisman and Black House books ranging from Promo packs, Posters (not shown), Proofs, 1sts, Reissues, a S/L and a Lettered. The only ones I intend to attempt to add to my collection are the The Talisman UK proof, The Talisman US 1st/1st and Black House UK Sampler and US partial and full manuscripts. The only easy one of those is The Talisman US 1st.

It looks like you already have the UK Black House sampler (bottom left in above photo). But what is just behind it?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow, great Talisman/Black House collection! I really like the CD slipcase for the Scribner set. Back when they were issued I opted for the plain black VJ Books slipcased combo (signed by Straub) but this looks a lot better. I really like the cover art of these reprints and the small print run is a nice bonus.
    Thanks Michael. I haven't seen the VJ Books slipcase. Nice to get the set with a Straub signature. I have one of my UK and one of my US firsts signed by Straub. I assume he did a UK signing!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I realised I own TOO many The Talisman and Black House books ranging from Promo packs, Posters (not shown), Proofs, 1sts, Reissues, a S/L and a Lettered. The only ones I intend to attempt to add to my collection are the The Talisman UK proof, The Talisman US 1st/1st and Black House UK Sampler and US partial and full manuscripts. The only easy one of those is The Talisman US 1st.

It looks like you already have the UK Black House sampler (bottom left in above photo). But what is just behind it?
    Yes, the UK partial proof bottom left. The one I meant was the Waterstones Chapter Sampler along the lines of 11/22/63 and TWTTKH samplers, but they seem to be much rarer.
    It looks like this.

The folder behind the UK Partial proof is the US Booksellers pack.

There is a closer look at it on page 46 post 1142 in my collection thread.
    Link here. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post927869

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also received today is a Black House Promo Pack. It is housed in a white double folder. It contains a Publishers Weekly article and interview with Peter Straub, Random House pamphlets titled Jack's Back: Stephen King's Thoughts on the Sequel, A Chat with Peter Straub, A Biography of Stephen King, A Biography of Peter Straub, A Letter from the Editor Lee Boudreaux and General Information about Black House. In addition, there is A4 glossy sheet of Author's Photographs.

Stephen King / Peter Straub - Black House - US Bookseller's Promotional Pack

I'll make it easier and repost here.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! I don't have either of those but wish that I did.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection of Talisman and Black house Jon! I enjoy assembling pieces like this to make up a nice miniature collection of a title.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT Talisman and Black house mountain Jon !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Nice! I don't have either of those but wish that I did.
    Thanks Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great collection of Talisman and Black house Jon! I enjoy assembling pieces like this to make up a nice miniature collection of a title.
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    GREAT Talisman and Black house mountain Jon !!!
    Thanks Frank.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive Talisman/Black House collection. I love the promos pieces, too! Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Impressive Talisman/Black House collection. I love the promos pieces, too! Congratulations!
    Thanks Jeff.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't really collected movie King promotional items but I thought I would buy a copy of the screenplay for Sleepwalkers being as it's King's only movie original screenplay not based on a novel or short story. The script is the only printing of the screenplay but my copy is only a reproduction but it's readable. I have also accumulated a few promotional items for the movie and I've also bought the blu-ray (in transit from Hong Kong or wherever through amazon!). I watched the movie shortly after release around 1992/1993 but not since and I have completely forgotten what the storyline is. Shape shifting vampires preying on virgin women!

Stephen King - Sleepwalkers - US Screenplay Reproduction

Stephen King - Sleepwalkers - US Movie Press Pack (including Information sheet, 4 production photographs and a 22 page production page pamphlet)

Stephen King - Sleepwalkers - US Lobby Cards 11" x 14" - Complete Set of 8 Original Theatrical Cards printed by the National Screen Service

Stephen King - Sleepwalkers - US Lobby Cards 8" x 10" - Complete Set of 8 Original Theatrical Cards printed by the National Screen Service

Stephen King - Stephen's King Sleepwalkers - UK Blu-ray

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Sleepwalker collection! I rewatched the movie last year, and I came poking around on here to see if Sleepwalkers was in some book or collection. I'm a little surprised it's not printed somewhere! That script is very cool, though. You should go rewatch the movie - not great cinema, but entertaining!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I've never watched the movie. Congrats.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Very nice Sleepwalker collection! I rewatched the movie last year, and I came poking around on here to see if Sleepwalkers was in some book or collection. I'm a little surprised it's not printed somewhere! That script is very cool, though. You should go rewatch the movie - not great cinema, but entertaining!
    Thanks Dez. Just got the movie today so I will watch it in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Interesting. I've never watched the movie. Congrats.
    Thanks Paul.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Justin Cronin - The Passage - US Advance Uncorrected Proof - Rare 1st State Proof

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful proof, Jon, and a great book! Congratulations!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Beautiful proof, Jon, and a great book! Congratulations!
    Thanks John. I can't believe it was August 2010 when it was released. Does time fly!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really like your Talisman/Black House collection. I think the black/white variant hardcover bit they did was neat.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Philip. The UK Black Houses are really nice. The start of the endless UK variants!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have started to collect the Harry Potter illustrated editions and I'm going to continue buying them as the series is released. I am a fan of the movies but I haven't read the books which I intend to do one day.

J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone - UK 1st/1st Illustrated Edition HB

4 Privet Drive

Model of Hogwarts used for filming the aerial shots in front of a green screen. The detail on this model is incredible.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

we did the HP tour last year, amazing place!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    we did the HP tour last year, amazing place!
    Just looked at the time stamp for the photos - October 2012! I would love to do the tour again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast