Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: King books appearing in Movies

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Viking hardcover of 'It' is on the bedhead bookshelf at the start of the 'The Hitchhiker' segment of 'Creepshow 2'.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 4 Episode 11 of Orange is the New Black. One of the guards is reading 'IT'

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In the movie Hush(a good one by the way!)there are a couple on the main characters shelf. Can't remember which ones though. Helpful huh

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This Is Us 10/18/16

DAMN. I still can't get the spoil to work where I would have put in which book she's reading...
    Any ideas on why spoiler won't work?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    This Is Us 10/18/16

DAMN. I still can't get the spoil to work where I would have put in which book she's reading...
    Any ideas on why spoiler won't work?
    There are actually 2 spoiler tags. The icon marked with 'spoiler' text needs you to enter a title. Either highlight the text you want in the spoiler and press the icon, which will prompt you to add a title, or press the icon then enter the title and finally enter your text to hide. Like this:

PHP Code:
    [SPOIL="Some meaningful title"]the book is Misery[/SPOIL

The other spoiler tag is the one that looks like a radiation symbol. It works the same way but without the additional title:

PHP Code:
    [SPOILER]The book is Misery[/SPOILER
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mentioned earlier in this post. Here is a screenshot from Stuck In Love showing one of the main actors with a bookshelf loaded with King - including a somewhat pricey CD edition of IT.

Spoiler:

Traveler Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had something to contribute to this thread right now, but I dont. This is a great topic Id love to see more pics. I always look at bookshelves in movies to see what is on there, and of course looking for King.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Mentioned earlier in this post. Here is a screenshot from Stuck In Love showing one of the main actors with a bookshelf loaded with King - including a somewhat pricey CD edition of IT.

Spoiler:
    And I believe that while he is on the phone just now, it's no less than Steve himself doing an audio cameo
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Spoiler:
    And I believe that while he is on the phone just now, it's no less than Steve himself doing an audio cameo
    According to IMDB it is.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Misery

Ah ha! Well, the box that says spoiler won't work, but the radiation symbol one does. Thank you!

I don't have a screenshot yet, but actually the first 3 or 4 minutes of a show called The Goldbergs was great. (I haven't watched the whole show - may be more in it). A friend gave me a heads up (I don't watch it) and well, that library shelf...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It works!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It sure does. This spoiler option is much preferred, in my view.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This week's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has a prisoner reading a Spanish version of an unknown King book.

Country
    Country Flag

Finally a shot from that Goldberg's show.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but I seem to recall a mass market paperback of Night Shift featured in the beginning of Children of the Corn.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    This week's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has a prisoner reading a Spanish version of an unknown King book.

It's Pet Sematary.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

HUSH 2016

There's another shot of what could be Doctor Sleep but it's not in focus, can't be sure.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The King book in the foreground is Mr Mercedes & the one behind the wine glass looks like Revival .

And you can also make out Under the Dome as well, beside Revival.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Director Mike Flanagan is a huge King fan -- he directed Gerald's Game. I'll have an interview with him in the next issue of Cemetery Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Director Mike Flanagan is a huge King fan -- he directed Gerald's Game. I'll have an interview with him in the next issue of Cemetery Dance.
    After seeing Oculus, Ouija: Origin of Evil and now Hush, I am extremely excited to see Gerald's Game. I look forward to your interview.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Finally a shot from that Goldberg's show.

If time travel was possible, I'd go back to all King's releases and buy some crisp first editions.

Also, the hardcover of Dreamcatcher made an appearance on Brick's library cart on The Middle last night.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Might be an Under The Dome in that pic...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In the movie TRUTH (2015), Topher Grace's character is reading the Doubleday hardcover of THE STAND in an airplane just before Robert Redford sits down next to him.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In AGENTS OF SHIELD season 4, episode 5, LOCKUP, what King book is the prisoner reading in his cell? The title looks something like CEMETERY ANIMALS, but that doesn't make any sense, and I don't recognize the paperback. Did they just make up a mock-up book?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast