Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 182 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?
    You passed on Carrie S/L, but bought Thinner as a S/L? If i was going to PASS on anything it would of been Skeleton Crew. Carrie and Thinner did not have a previous S/L, the expense for these two books is way out of my league, but i bought them anyway.

If it is a choice between S/L Skeleton Crew PS or the previous version, I would choose the previous one. 1/3 the price and already a classic.

Just my opinion.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?
    You passed on Carrie S/L, but bought Thinner as a S/L? If i was going to PASS on anything it would of been Skeleton Crew. Carrie and Thinner did not have a previous S/L, the expense for these two books is way out of my league, but i bought them anyway.

If it is a choice between S/L Skeleton Crew PS or the previous version, I would choose the previous one. 1/3 the price and already a classic.

Just my opinion.
    I already have the Carrie from CD didn't care about two Artist editions. As for Thinner I have not bought it yet but seriously contemplating it. Also not sure what edition you are talking about for SC since the previous one is going for $700 on the low end. More curious how many people are doubling up on these artist editions without Kings signature on it.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It appears now that I'm joining the ranks of getting both CD & PS editions....just hopped onto PS and backordered all but Faithful. I'll have both Artist versions of CD's Carrie now, the gift one with that nice remarque, and the Portfolio with extras & the Salem's Lot with both remarques. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have any SK Signed versions, because I'm pretty well tapped after all of that.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am getting both PS and CD's anniversary editions. I would recommend getting Thinner but what i've seen so far of Skeleton Crew I would get the Scream press version.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Scream Press Skeleton Crew was one of my first King limiteds; I think it was my 2nd.
    It's still one of my favorites.
    Still, I'm looking forwards to the PS edition. I'm in the minority here, but I like what I've seen so far.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It appears now that I'm joining the ranks of getting both CD & PS editions....just hopped onto PS and backordered all but Faithful. I'll have both Artist versions of CD's Carrie now, the gift one with that nice remarque, and the Portfolio with extras & the Salem's Lot with both remarques. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have any SK Signed versions, because I'm pretty well tapped after all of that.
    Faithful isn't PS (at least I don't know of a ps edition) It's Books for Benefit, which is run by Brian from CD and distributed through them.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Faithful isn't PS (at least I don't know of a ps edition) It's Books for Benefit, which is run by Brian from CD and distributed through them.
    You are right. But the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if PS didn't rush to get out their own edition of Faithful.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once again my apologies on my inaccuracies, particularly to Brian, CD and Books To Benefit. I didn't realize I was looking at their edition through the PS site (especially since it too, just coincidentally was an "Anniversary Edition").
    WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again my apologies on my inaccuracies, particularly to Brian, CD and Books To Benefit. I didn't realize I was looking at their edition through the PS site (especially since it too, just coincidentally was an "Anniversary Edition").
    No apology necessary, just passing on the info!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

CD just sent me an email regarding my numbered copy of PS limited of Skeleton Crew. I'm matching the numbers. If anyone was curious, CD listed it for 99.99. I know most don't like the current possible artwork cover. To me, less is more. Maybe mist surrounding a monkey holding a skull? I have purchased it regardless.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Pete from PS checked into this thread a bit ago and it appears that they're going to have another go at the actual cover.

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Folks

Yes, it's me . . . back to face the music. Sorry for the prolonged absence: busybusybusy with LOTS of work but also we're going through a bit of a family 'situation' that's burning up all spare (hah!) time and energy.

Okay, humour me, anyone who asked a question to which they didn't get an answer, and post the question here or send it to me at editor@pspublishing.co.uk and I'll do my best to sort it out.

I guess the first order of the day is the cover to SKELETON CREW. The reaction has been pretty damning--not 100% negative but very close to it--so I think we all of us here at PS need to re-think. I'll speak with Mike, who heads up our design team, and consider using the piece as one of the endpapers (or dropping it entirely) . . . which would mean our using one of the other pieces as a replacement cover.

I'm sure Pete (Von Sholly) will be disappointed at the reaction but, like me, he's a big boy and perfectly able to deal with the situation in a professional manner. That's the beauty of this forum: it enables all of us here at PS to get right down to brass tacks with the customer. Believe me, nothing will happen until I'm reasonably happy that most folks are cool about whatever we decide.

Until then, keep me posted with comments and questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes

Pete
    WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller

You are right. But the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if PS didn't rush to get out their own edition of Faithful.
    Almost done.
    Chadbourne is finishing the pieces. He did one sketch for every game (162) and then two for each postseason game.
    Maybe another day or two...

Country
    Country Flag

Visions of Tom Hanks yelling "There's no BLOOD in baseball!"
    WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, don't forget about remarqued copies, please
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Visions of Tom Hanks yelling "There's no BLOOD in baseball!"

"Crying" my friend, crying!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller

Almost done.
    Chadbourne is finishing the pieces. He did one sketch for every game (162) and then two for each postseason game.
    Maybe another day or two...
    I don't often actually LOL at forum posts. I might chuckle quietly. But this one got a real deal lol. Cheers for the laugh, RF.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi guys

Once again I have to apologise. We're swamped with stuff and Mike's away for a few days . . . plus I'm away on Wednesday until the following weekend. I'm treating myself now with a little foray into the message board--hopefully this'll ease some concerns.

I don't agree with the numerous thumbs-down messages about Pete Von Sholly's 'busy' and 'cluttered' cover but, you know, when it comes right down to it, it don't matter diddly what I think. The customer is king and my job is to make sure they feel that way.

Interestingly, we got several emails saying they loved the cover as it was and didn't want it changed--I just got another one in today. So there you go. We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece. The short-run one will go only to folks who request it.

More soon

Pete

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great two variants! I liked that with Thinner. By the way how's it going with the Deluxe Thinner.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Both camps should be happy.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

The signing sections are heading Maine-wards next week. Meanwhile, all the other elements are well underway.

As soon as I get confirmation on the Introducer and Artist on our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT I'll post it here.

Best

Pete

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pete. Looking forward to it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can we order both variants through CD like I did with Thinner? If so, can I assume they will number whichever one I want to follow my series?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Can we order both variants through CD like I did with Thinner? If so, can I assume they will number whichever one I want to follow my series?
    Yes. I initially had the same interest and problem. I talked to Pete and Mindy. I initially bought the first 2 books of the series from CD. CD in turn gets the numbered ones purchased through them from PS. I was in a tailspin wanted, needing, to match the numbers as I was looking here. CD had them in their possession and I never got an email about buying them....I think. I contacted CD about it and they had them. So the first 4 books are matching numbered and they just sent me info for matching Skeleton Crew the other day for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece.
    Terriffic news! I love the original cover - I'm glad you're making it available.
    So how do I make sure that's the actual cover I'll be receiving? Send Nicky a message?

And this time I think I want the uncluttered variant as well!

sk

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Another comment on the cover, and this is just my opinion of course, but when it comes to fonts, I find it's better to not add any major embellishments to the font. For example, adding a drop shadow, glow, bevel or embossing, etc. And of course, the choice of font. I've always been of the opinion that the font style used on a cover has such as important part to play in the overall design. A poorly chosen font, with various 'effects' applied can really hurt the look.
    Hi guys

Once again I have to apologise. We're swamped with stuff and Mike's away for a few days . . . plus I'm away on Wednesday until the following weekend. I'm treating myself now with a little foray into the message board--hopefully this'll ease some concerns.

I don't agree with the numerous thumbs-down messages about Pete Von Sholly's 'busy' and 'cluttered' cover but, you know, when it comes right down to it, it don't matter diddly what I think. The customer is king and my job is to make sure they feel that way.

Interestingly, we got several emails saying they loved the cover as it was and didn't want it changed--I just got another one in today. So there you go. We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece. The short-run one will go only to folks who request it.

More soon

Pete
    Will the original art be available through distributors or just the PS website itself?

Can't wait for more info on 'Salem's Lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 182 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast