Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Best Friend's Wedding

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose: My Best Friend's Wedding

I've had the idea of this riddle for ages, and only today finally got around to composing it - to celebrate Bonnie's glorious return!

My dear friends, in all likelihood it will take you only half a minute to guess - then, please, post your answer in spoiler tags, I so hope people might enjoy it! And sorry for the clumsy verse - you know, bears are foreigners...

She bore a Shakespearian name, so did he whom I will describe:
    He had a military outfit and a friend from an Arfican tribe

Her father was born in a mountain chain, his weight was not measured in pounds
    He practiced a popular English sport, and always won all the rounds!

‘twas on Thanksgiving eve that they wed, in Canada or Peru,
    At the party, a lot of liquor was drunk, which their friends from New England brewed.

Karl and Michel were there too, they cheered, applauded and cried
    Then two classic ball dances shook the floor of the inn, and the wind sang the name of the bride!

They watched a Stallone film after this, and went on their honey moon
    To a far-off country where the next day starts when in Greenland it is still noon.

Those of the guests who had eaten too much went to have their abdomens scanned,
    And all that remained from the party was some Greek letters drawn on the sand!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not good with riddles but I will think on this one.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon = stumped, lol

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing as how it's in honor of the prodigal turtle's return, I am ashamed to admit I haven't a cluel!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the thing is to separate the clues from the filling. I can highlight the clues if you want, or say what entity (a word, a concept etc) is expected as an answer

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried picking apart the riddle in many ways ... to no avail.

Country
    Country Flag

I have highlighted the parts that are clues

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"To a far-off country where the next day starts when in Greenland it is still noon."

I just want one hint, am I in the right time zone here with these countries?

Indonesia, Western New Guinea, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Russia

Country
    Country Flag

yes, the time zone is almost correct! a little closer than Japan and Corea, though

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I may be way way off here, but does this have anything to do with The Lemba People?

Country
    Country Flag

No. I don't even know who they are...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

http://haruth.com/jw/JewishLemba.html

Almost all of your clues led me to this article on the Lemba People. Just making sure, lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. No, bears didn't mean that!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

'Twas Wed. (Wednesday) they wed

Is that basically what we're to do? Replace the bold with another word?

If so...
    At the party, a lot of drink was drink which their friends Mass. (Massachusetts) brewed.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it I got it I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS I figured it out. Me so smart, I love being me!

I've been working at this thing since I first saw it.

Library Girl, you're right about replacing all the words, but all the replaced words have a connection!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    At the party, a lot of drink was drink which their friends Mass. (Massachusetts) brewed.
    no, alas, neither of those is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I got it I got it I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS I figured it out. Me so smart, I love being me!

I've been working at this thing since I first saw it.

Library Girl, you're right about replacing all the words, but all the replaced words have a connection!
    Shannon - will you PM the answer to me? I am sure you got it right, though - because once you see the connection, there's no way you can get it wrong

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

While I thoroughly enjoy my superhero name... I lack the superhero powers to get this! Tomorrow, I am going to tackle it hardcore at "work". *determined face*

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

PM sent. And I upped your rep due to your awesomeness.

Country
    Country Flag

a big fat
    Spoiler:
    alpha-male

goose for Shannon!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a good one guys, keep working it. If I may give one TINY clue:

Spoiler:
    It has absolutely nothing to do with a wedding.

That was what drove me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off track in the beginning.

My Mood
    Inspired

I am avoiding the spoilers, just in case... but this will keep me busy!!

So, you DO have to replace the bold with other words... but those words have a common theme, which is the actual answer to the riddle. Hmmm.

Country
    Country Flag

I think Shannon's spoiler is not really a spoiler, it's a valid hint, and since you're relatively new to our riddles, it will be helpful without really spoiling anything

My Mood
    Inspired

I see. Still stumped. lol

My Mood
    Inspired

Should I post my guesses here, or PM or spoiler them in case someone else wants to break the code without help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast