Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1921

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith40 View Post
    Just got my first tattoo today, not Tower related but that is next on my list. Something big, either back or sleeve.
    There's a general tattoo thread, dude. you should go there and post your tat!

And welcome to TDT.com.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith40 View Post
    Just got my first tattoo today, not Tower related but that is next on my list. Something big, either back or sleeve.
    There's a general tattoo thread, dude. you should go there and post your tat!

And welcome to TDT.com.

Traveler KonstantinosM is on a distinguished road

Mate, can you please remind me the meaning of the sign please?
    Thanx a lot,
    Konstantinos

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What sign are you referring to?

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the Eye of the Crimson King.

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Traveler rachel_lentner is on a distinguished road rachel_lentner's Avatar

Help please!

It is about time i get my other side done but im having a lot of issues deciding what to get.

In case you don't remember, this is what I already have

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7881/tatf.png

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it's kind of hard to say. What part of the books means the most to you? I love your tattoo, and if *I* were the one with this tattoo and getting one on the other side, I would get the keyhole logo, with the revolver and rose inside, but that's just me.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Traveler Sephiroxas is on a distinguished road Sephiroxas's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default You should put...

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I've already posted this in the general tattoo thread in The Dixie Pig, but here we go again.

My DT tattoo, obviously it's not finished yet, but it will be soon. The guns still need to be covered in and there will be a banner alolng the top saying "The Dark Tower" so people don't just think I really love Guns N' Roses.

You should put a Wheel of Ka in the center, or a Crimson Eye...

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_lentner View Post
    Help please!

It is about time i get my other side done but im having a lot of issues deciding what to get.

Maybe Roland again, but older, with some missing fingers.... To make a before/after or something like that: the consecuences of his jorney

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Help please!

I have to echo what JB said, it depends on what books or parts thereof mean the most to you.

Myself? I put Roland/Jake/Oy on one arm and the Crimson King & eye on the other, sort of facing each other.

But really, a tattoo is too personal - and permanent - to put anything there other than what you love.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

But really, a tattoo is too personal - and permanent - to put anything there other than what you love.
    Truer words were never spoken.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i will be 30 in july next year think im going to take the plunge then and get myself a ka symbol on my forearm or wrist

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Help please!

I'd get the picture of Susan burning from the comic on the other side.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by dr shottie View Post
    i will be 30 in july next year think im going to take the plunge then and get myself a ka symbol on my forearm or wrist
    Make sure and post pics afterwards.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know for certain that I want to get a DT tattoo, but I don't know exactly which symbol I want to get yet. I'm leaning towards either the symbol of The White, or Roland's revolvers criss-crossed as depicted in the paperback version of The Gunslinger.

Traveler rachel_lentner is on a distinguished road rachel_lentner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Help please!

That is really dark but not a bad idea.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Help please!

That is really dark but not a bad idea.
    I think that it would match really well with the sad look/stance he has in your current tattoo. You'd probably have to explain the Susan one a lot, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroxas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I've already posted this in the general tattoo thread in The Dixie Pig, but here we go again.

My DT tattoo, obviously it's not finished yet, but it will be soon. The guns still need to be covered in and there will be a banner alolng the top saying "The Dark Tower" so people don't just think I really love Guns N' Roses.

You should put a Wheel of Ka in the center, or a Crimson Eye...
    That would be pretty groovy! I hate to say it, but it still looks exactly like this. I've just been lazy with getting it finished. I totally forget I even have it on my back sometimes.

However, I just got back from a cruise in the Caribbean and man was my tattoo popular on the various islands. People were stopping me left and right asking about it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Guns N Roses fans?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Suprisingly, no.

One person on the ship said the Guns N Roses thing, but almost everyone else said "What's that?"

My Mood
    Breezy

So you had the chance to edumacate em. Good deal.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep! No one had any clue what I was talking about, but I told them, dammit!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that you have someone to take care of your back 24/7 you can actually finish it.

I say go for it babe.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thirded!
    I lurk, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast