Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Are we sure this is a game? All clues seem to point to it, but they've making a point of not confirming it.
    It sure looks like an interactive game. Plus that whole teaser ends with "come and play".
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it will be like the 'Blade Runner' video game for 1997? Kind of a detective game.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why have i not seen this thread untill today....wtf i am giddy with excitement...heavens to betsy!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

haha in one of the slides, in the back ground is a forum with a member talking about how they hated the dark tower ending...hahah
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wonder if it will be like the 'Blade Runner' video game for 1997? Kind of a detective game.
    Slightly off topic RF, but as a Blade Runner fan, have you played this game, and if you have, just how good was it? Cause i know it's years old, but it does sound pretty cool, from what i've read. Certainly sounds like the kind of game that would appeal to me, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

and also one of the papers mentions michael jackson (mj's) death a homocide..hahah
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Country
    Country Flag

and also one of the papers mentions michael jackson (mj's) death a homocide..hahah
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

they misspelled visibly.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'd also like to thank Jean for the translation, as I just got around to seeing it. What had me curious is the yellow post-it.

I'm thinking a type of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" style game.
    Or, in this case, "Where in Mid-World is Arina Yokova?"
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

i'm not gonna lie, i was hoping that it would be a MMORPG or something of that sort. god that would be sick....but an ARG can't be that bad, and if it's got roland and friends tagging along, i'm sure it'll be just fine
    I'm kind of a big deal.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I will somehow resist Photoshopping this.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Palmer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I will somehow resist Photoshopping this.
    lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Slightly off topic RF, but as a Blade Runner fan, have you played this game, and if you have, just how good was it? Cause i know it's years old, but it does sound pretty cool, from what I've read. Certainly sounds like the kind of game that would appeal to me, anyway.
    Yes. From today's perspective it may not be as exciting, but I can remember loading the ENTIRE game (over a gig), rather than run it from the CD drive, on my Gateway laptop that had a 3.2 gig hard drive and 192 megs of ram, and a 16.5" screen- all state of the art in 1997. Over $5k.
    A copy and the strategy guide are on ebay right now for $.99.
    Link

Country
    Country Flag

it's amazing what can be acomplished in ten years. laptops back in the day were horrible.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Breezy

compy's back in the day were horrible, period.

Traveler hobo bob is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by The Gingerdead Man View Post
    Yea I already posted a pic showing that

I didn't notice the picture of the forum though lol

Country
    Country Flag

in the same paper as the mj's death, it says at the very top something about obama
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<---Guilty of being off topic
    <---Asks that we get back on topic.

Traveler hobo bob is on a distinguished road

in the same paper as the mj's death, it says at the very top something about obama
    I didn't spot that either.

Country
    Country Flag

didn't realize that that was being off topic? sorry RF!
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not you, I was referring to my and others posts about old laptop limitations.

Country
    Country Flag

ahhh! gotcha boss
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not you, I was referring to my and others posts about old laptop limitations.
    To be fair, Randall, that was kinda my fault by asking you about the Blade Runner game. (Thanks for the tip, btw.) I'd love to play an actual detective game, really. Those kind of games are few and far between, especially in this day and age. I'm not gonna have any actual expectations of Discordia, though. We've been given so little, best to just wait and see, really.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

Default New Feature Banner

Hey everyone,

We have posted a new feature banner on SK.com/DarkTower. While this is a tiny update, it does clarify some of the lingering questions about what this is all about.

http://www.stephenking.com/darktower/

Hmmm. What's that there.....

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

An ONLINE EXPERIENCE ?

So... like an online comic book?!?

Not really clarifying. Not really.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast