Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great season! Not sure how they put that genie back in the bottle in season 5 though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Great season! Not sure how they put that genie back in the bottle in season 5 though.
    Spoiler:
    Isn't, Vecna still technically alive at the end of S4? I mean I took it that he was always behind the offensives of the Upside down anyway. Seems to me that he just re-groups and comes back at them another way, no? I would think that S5 may very well be the series finale as well. They'll know it's, Vecna who's the "General" and have an idea how to fight him regardless of what tactics, Vecna employs. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Isn't, Vecna still technically alive at the end of S4? I mean I took it that he was always behind the offensives of the Upside down anyway. Seems to me that he just re-groups and comes back at them another way, no? I would think that S5 may very well be the series finale as well. They'll know it's, Vecna who's the "General" and have an idea how to fight him regardless of what tactics, Vecna employs. JMHO

Spoiler:
    It's not technically. They flat out say that he's still alive.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    When Eddie started shredding on the guitar and I heard the first few notes of this song I actually cheered out loud. This is my favorite song by my favorite band and he is definitely my favorite ST character on the entire show.

Spoiler:
    It's just too bad he was killed off. Although I kinda expected it. They had said that some characters would die in the finale and there's been enough one season wonders on the show (Barb, Bob, Billy) that it was pretty obvious he was on the chopping block. I figured all the "main" cast was safe. I thought maybe Yuri or the Russian guard had a chance to go to. They never really said what happened to either of them did they?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Nope, we don't know what happened to either of them.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    When Eddie started shredding on the guitar and I heard the first few notes of this song I actually cheered out loud. This is my favorite song by my favorite band and he is definitely my favorite ST character on the entire show.

Spoiler:
    It's just too bad he was killed off. Although I kinda expected it. They had said that some characters would die in the finale and there's been enough one season wonders on the show (Barb, Bob, Billy) that it was pretty obvious he was on the chopping block. I figured all the "main" cast was safe. I thought maybe Yuri or the Russian guard had a chance to go to. They never really said what happened to either of them did they?
    Seek & Destroy is my all time favorite but Master of Puppets is not far behind it. Chicken skin all over when that guitar roared to life. Eddie is the crowd I hung out with in my formative years; minus the D&D. Never was my bag.

Spoiler:
    Dustin has always been my favorite character and my heart broke for him when he loses Eddie. Billy was just a dick. Eddie was the kid the mainstream will never understand nor try to.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Eddie is the crowd I hung out with in my formative years; minus the D&D. Never was my bag.
    Same. I think I mentioned it before but I had a friend in HS that basically was Eddie minus the D&D.

This scene also cracked me up.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Iron Maiden, Jon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    It's not technically. They flat out say that he's still alive.
    Spoiler:
    Vecna is alive but that is not what I was referring to. I don't see how they come up with a plausible way for them to close that giant hole into the upside-down.
    Eleven is strong but it was a lot of effort for her to close the crack that was in the lab. This dwarfs that.
    Also, they confirmed that season five will be the last.

Spoiler:
    Vecna is alive but that is not what I was referring to. I don't see how they come up with a plausible way for them to close that giant hole into the upside-down.
    Eleven is strong but it was a lot of effort for her to close the crack that was in the lab. This dwarfs that.
    Also, they confirmed that season five will be the last.
    Spoiler:
    I'm wondering if they'll bring back the other girl from season 2. Kali? She's still alive right? Between the 2 of them, maybe they can get it closed?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Eddie is the crowd I hung out with in my formative years; minus the D&D. Never was my bag.
    Same. I think I mentioned it before but I had a friend in HS that basically was Eddie minus the D&D.

This scene also cracked me up.

Yes! I failed to mention that scene in my other post. Oh how my old man hated "that noise you listen to".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler LadyHazmat is a jewel in the rough LadyHazmat is a jewel in the rough LadyHazmat is a jewel in the rough LadyHazmat is a jewel in the rough

Did folks see this update?!

Through their new company Upside Down Pictures, the Duffers are also developing another sci-fi/fantasy/horror series which will be based on Stephen King and Peter Straub‘s 1984 novel ‘The Talisman’. The Talisman tells the story of a young man who moves between New Hampshire and an alternate world called ‘The Territories’ to obtain an artifact that will save his mother’s life.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show is ready to end... that was a long drawn out yawn....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Really?

Were you watching a different show?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really?

No... I loved this show. I think its lost its footing a bit.. NO a lot actually. The end was sooooo long and I am not alone in this thought. It was too drawn out. I agree with Just what Bev said above. Its really not the glory it once was
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHazmat View Post
    Did folks see this update?!

Through their new company Upside Down Pictures, the Duffers are also developing another sci-fi/fantasy/horror series which will be based on Stephen King and Peter Straub‘s 1984 novel ‘The Talisman’. The Talisman tells the story of a young man who moves between New Hampshire and an alternate world called ‘The Territories’ to obtain an artifact that will save his mother’s life.
    Yup, we've even got a dedicated thread on that over at the Oracle here: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...uffer-Brothers

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I liked this season enormously - a much stronger story than previous seasons, and the young actors are bringing their A-games. Not without its flaws, but a return to form, in my opinion.

I also liked the longer-format episodes. I will say I thought the final episode suffered from too many endings in the last 20 minutes, but Season 5 can't come soon enough.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Really?

No... I loved this show. I think its lost its footing a bit.. NO a lot actually. The end was sooooo long and I am not alone in this thought. It was too drawn out. I agree with Just what Bev said above. Its really not the glory it once was
    This was the by far the best season so far IMO. I saw an interview with the Duffers and they talked about how they can do a little more horror and gore now that the kids are a bit older. They can really lean into the 80's horror movie themes like Halloween and Nightmare on Elm St. which were obviously big influences on them.

I liked the 3-4 concurrent story-lines with all the characters being split up as well. It kept everything flowing a little bit at a time without getting bored focusing on one or the another too long.

I think it was only drawn out because they had to get all the story-lines to eventually converge at the end.

The music choices were awesome. I already talked about the Metallica scene but I don't think anyone has mentioned this scene yet:

I love the slowed down version and the fact that they are literally separating and will be "world's apart". They could not have picked a more fitting song title.

The ending also reminded me very much of the old 80's horror movies where you knew the monster wasn't quite dead yet and would be coming back in the sequel(s).

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really?

This was the by far the best season so far IMO. I saw an interview with the Duffers and they talked about how they can do a little more horror and gore now that the kids are a bit older. They can really lean into the 80's horror movie themes like Halloween and Nightmare on Elm St. which were obviously big influences on them.

I liked the 3-4 concurrent story-lines with all the characters being split up as well. It kept everything flowing a little bit at a time without getting bored focusing on one or the another too long.

I think it was only drawn out because they had to get all the story-lines to eventually converge at the end.

The music choices were awesome. I already talked about the Metallica scene but I don't think anyone has mentioned this scene yet:

I love the slowed down version and the fact that they are literally separating and will be "world's apart". They could not have picked a more fitting song title.

The ending also reminded me very much of the old 80's horror movies where you knew the monster wasn't quite dead yet and would be coming back in the sequel(s).
    I totally agree with Iwritecode - 100%. Sat down with the wife and my two daughters last night to watch the epic finale. Loved every minute of it. Loved the jumping around to the various story lines. Loved that each group thought that they were fighting alone, and yet it was their combined efforts that truly won out - sort of. Easily my favorite season, while my wife and daughters are torn between seasons 1 and 4.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Really?

I totally agree with Iwritecode - 100%. Sat down with the wife and my two daughters last night to watch the epic finale. Loved every minute of it. Loved the jumping around to the various story lines. Loved that each group thought that they were fighting alone, and yet it was their combined efforts that truly won out - sort of. Easily my favorite season, while my wife and daughters are torn between seasons 1 and 4.
    Season 1 for me 100%. I wish I had more love for this one.... It was just sooo long for me and thus felt drawn out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Really?

For sure!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23