9 45.00%
  • The Abominable Dr. Phibes

5 25.00%
  • Daughters of Darkness

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1970s: Round 2 - Group 23 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1970s: Round 2 - Group 23 of 32

During the second round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
    Directed by Sidney Lumet

Watch Trailer

King Kong (1976)
    Directed by John Guillermin

Watch Trailer

The Last Picture Show (1971)
    Directed by Peter Bogdanovich

Watch Trailer

Hair (1979)
    Directed by Miloš Forman

Watch Trailer

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)
    Directed by Robert Fuest

Watch Trailer

Daughters of Darkness (1971)
    Directed by Harry Kümel

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda surprised with the turnout for Phibes so far?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More love for Daughters! It’s streaming free on Tubi so check it out if you haven’t yet!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought people hated this version of King Kong.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I was in the crowd when they filmed the ending at the base of the towers. The actors, director and crew were all filming and it turned into an impromptu party. They finally unveiled, "Kong" dead in the plaza that night to the crowd. It was quite impressive. The film Co. had been advertising the date and time, downtown for a month prior and it drew its own crowd of fans and lookie-lou's.

As for the film itself, I prefer the original and the Peter Jackson versions, but it was a cool event I'll never forget!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I was in the crowd when they filmed the ending at the base of the towers. The actors, director and crew were all filming and it turned into an impromptu party. They finally unveiled, "Kong" dead in the plaza that night to the crowd. It was quite impressive. The film Co. had been advertising the date and time, downtown for a month prior and it drew its own crowd of fans and lookie-lou's.

As for the film itself, I prefer the original and the Peter Jackson versions, but it was a cool event I'll never forget!!!
    That's pretty awesome! Are you seen in the film?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Dog Day last night.. Meh... I won't vote for it next round.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty awesome! Are you seen in the film?
    I believe so, but it could be wishful thinking. lol Still, it was a great night I'll never forget.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Its my favorite version. Jackson's version was way too bloated. I see they are finally releasing it on Blu-Ray, but no 4K yet. I have it on DVD, but find it hard to go back to 480P resolutions now. LOL.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

It's also streaming in HD on HBO Max. I really like this version of King Kong, it was the first one that I saw, along with King Kong Lives.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Kinda surprised with the turnout for Phibes so far?
    I'm not.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Dog Day Afternoon (85.00%)
    2. King Kong (75.00%)
    3. Hair (45.00%)
    4. The Last Picture Show (40.00%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (25.00%)
    2. Daughters of Darkness (20.00%)

+ Reply to Thread