Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 820 of 971 FirstFirst ... 320 720 770 810 818 819 820 821 822 830 870 920 ... LastLast
Results 20,476 to 20,500 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Hey - would folks like to hear about how sometimes other humans are just awesome? I sure would! And, lucky me, I was the recipient this past weekend of some genuine human thoughtfulness!

I posted last week that we were experiencing, like many others, issues with hoarding in our small town. We have a Walmart, a small Piggly Wiggly, and a very small pharmacy that supply us and the neighboring areas. And all of them have been completely out of stock of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and every Lysol product for a while now. Being a moderately-sized household, we had decent supplies of those things. But having a critical medical provider in our household (my wife), we have been experiencing larger challenges for a longer period than most of our fellow citizens. We have adopted strict protocols governing how my wife leaves our house and returns after work, and how I conduct my weekly trip to the grocery store. Most items that come into our house are sanitized, and there is one entrance that we use exclusively for when one of us travels out into the world, and another that we use for low-risk stuff like taking the kids outside to play.

All of this has resulted in us running low on both hand sanitizer and Lysol, and with a dwindling supply of TP, with no local options for refilling these items. The two nearest population centers (30 mins east or 60 minutes west) have also been out of items, and have the added disadvantage of being, well, population centers, with lots more activity than our town (though much of that has ceased as of Saturday).

Anyway, after my post last week, I received a message from a fellow forum member. And shortly after the receipt of that message, I received this box in the mail, overnighted to us at no small expense from literally a thousand miles away:

Inside:

Toilet paper, nitrile gloves, Lysol disinfecting wipes, and several containers of hand sanitizer!

Simply amazing.

My wife, who is running absolutely ragged right now, wept. I teared up myself. Our small children were disappointed that there was nothing for them, for certainly a package so good as to make mama weep and papa's voice crack should contain something more exciting for toddlers than toilet paper and sanitizer! Maybe in later years, when we are swapping tales of the worst epidemic in our lives (for there will surely be a lot of tales told about this for the remainder of all of our lives), they will understand how this box brought their parents to tears.

This kind and generous spirited person refused to take any compensation for either the items or the shipping costs, and also asked to stay anonymous.

But I could not keep this story all to myself, especially when I think we all need to be reminded of the high capacity for goodness that some humans possess - that some people are caring and selfless in great measure, and expect nothing in return.

This human knows how big of a difference they made, and how their gift has had immediate and positive real-world consequences for a family in the trenches, but I thought you all should too!

We should all be so lucky to have half of that reservoir of goodness inside of us
    Your message (and the kind act you showed) is heartwarming. Hope this tough moment will be a bad memory soon.

All the best.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Being laid off is no joke. Been there.
    I second that emotion...been there twice in last 10 years...NOT fun
    Agreed. I lost my part time job last week $1500 month and getting ready to be furloughed at current job, 1 more week and they will let us know! Missouri unemployment is one of the lowest in the country! Going to have to donate blood 🩸 for my King fix for awhile!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Being laid off is no joke. Been there.
    I second that emotion...been there twice in last 10 years...NOT fun
    Agreed. I lost my part time job last week $1500 month and getting ready to be furloughed at current job, 1 more week and they will let us know! Missouri unemployment is one of the lowest in the country! Going to have to donate blood 🩸 for my King fix for awhile!
    Lots of family in service industry they have no work at all.

Just googled it. Florida. North Carolina then Missouri for # of weeks. 12,12 then 13. Most states do 26. Missouri in bottom 10 for payout. About $320 week!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I'm very worried too, and find myself in a constant state of anxiety. Like holding your breath for weeks. Mostly worrying about April 1st, when rent, mortgages, bill will be due. My family will be ok for now, but I'm so stressed about my staffs. One of my 19 year old staff I found out is the only breadwinner left in her family. Her father and mother just lost their job last week and her boyfriend too. She is still working but at 1/2 of the hours she usually gets and I am thankful we can provide her that for now.

It's so strange that my phone calls to friends frequently now entails discussions of freezer space and/or recipes. What else can we cook? For now the restaurants can offer take-out. Might not take that for granted soon. What else will be new tomorrow? Apologies for the rant. Letting off some steam.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are some great people here, Lotuz. I'm glad that was of great assistance to you and yours.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another example of the TDT.org Mafia lookin' out.

seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And my city/county put out their lockdown rules:

"Citizens are permitted to take care of essential activities, such as going to the grocery store, taking care of family members, feeding livestock, visiting the pharmacy, etc., but should maintain social distancing of at least six feet."

Must not forget to feed the cows...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I got my first negative reputation feedback :
    "This kinda shit coming from a French Fried Asshole such as yourself? France has no business commneting on American Politics. You guys are WAY more fucked up in the goverment department. Shit head!!!"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    "This kinda shit coming from a French Fried Asshole such as yourself? France has no business commneting on American Politics. You guys are WAY more fucked up in the goverment department. Shit head!!!"
    Welcome to my world.

That statement is the epitome of American "conservative" thought.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I'm very worried too, and find myself in a constant state of anxiety. Like holding your breath for weeks. Mostly worrying about April 1st, when rent, mortgages, bill will be due. My family will be ok for now, but I'm so stressed about my staffs. One of my 19 year old staff I found out is the only breadwinner left in her family. Her father and mother just lost their job last week and her boyfriend too. She is still working but at 1/2 of the hours she usually gets and I am thankful we can provide her that for now.

It's so strange that my phone calls to friends frequently now entails discussions of freezer space and/or recipes. What else can we cook? For now the restaurants can offer take-out. Might not take that for granted soon. What else will be new tomorrow? Apologies for the rant. Letting off some steam.
    Juliana-

I wish I had words to ease the anxiety you are feeling....Not that it makes it any easier, lots of people in stressed situations and lots more will lose jobs unfortunately.

My family belongs to a food co-op with maybe 12+ other local families and we get deliveries of dry goods, frozens and organic produce once a month (next Monday....but how much will come?). As a result, we have a freezer full of stuff now and lots of shelf-stable things on our shelves....Might not be what we would CHOOSE to eat, but we could last a couple months on just what we have already....my wife is a "stickler" for never running out of something so she has always "refilled" our larder if our supply got low. Now, it seems, we are lucky....sure there are things that we don't have much of but want, but "wants" take a back seat to "needs" in these times.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

If any of you are on Twitter, search the #MuseumBouquet hashtag. An amazing array of beauty that's like a breath of fresh air on the interwebs right now.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

No crowds bigger than 2 or 3 allowed in my state now except for business situations and family outings.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome to my world.

If I am being insulted by 1 person for having any human decency and common sense, I'll take it.
    F**k him
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Asleep

Welcome to my world.

If I am being insulted by 1 person for having any human decency and common sense, I'll take it.
    F**k him
    I absolutely hate fake people. They hide behind a blind feature to demean and criticize people. I have had a few and it stinks. Why do people like being mean and not own up to it?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Welcome to my world.

F**k him
    I absolutely hate fake people. They hide behind a blind feature to demean and criticize people. I have had a few and it stinks. Why do people like being mean and not own up to it?
    A question that most of the internet should examine....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found out this afternoon that one of my co-workers may be getting tested for the virus. He has several of the symptoms I guess.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm worried that I can not get on this website much as my VPN is blocking it.
    I am in all seriousness worried that my workers, who complain about being sick, aren't and want to go home. Many businesses have been closed and people are losing their jobs momentarily, but where I am at, they are detrimental for society and are staying open. People that work for me have a job and are currently working. Even though some of the babies have to panic and watch the media panic, they start to panic as well. I can only calm people down so much. It is sad really. It is sad that common sense, isn't so common after all.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

The media definitely isn't helping the situation but they never do. Especially now that it's in your face 24/7 if you choose to watch the crap.

Gotta hand it to one of my local stations here though. They did a "Just the Facts" special and it was panic free. Including that most people who catch it will recover. I think we should be worried about the economic impact more than anything.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

There's a new book out about the Rocky movies, about 1900 made, signed and numbered by Sylvester Stallone. It's not a bad production, costs a thousand bucks, and I am not going to get one, but check out Stallone's signature:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Autopen!

Country
    Country Flag

Must be related to Malerman

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh boy!
    Contestants on 'Let's Make a deal' and 'The Price is right' today won trips to New York City and Beijing, China!
    How lucky can you get!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oh boy!
    Contestants on 'Let's Make a deal' and 'The Price is right' today won trips to New York City and Beijing, China!
    How lucky can you get!
    Welp. It's official, Steve. You're old.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oh boy!
    How lucky can you get!
    Welp. It's official, Steve. You're old.
    But, alas, not wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 820 of 971 FirstFirst ... 320 720 770 810 818 819 820 821 822 830 870 920 ... LastLast