Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 644 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. Appreciate that. Fewer and fewer books in the store to sell now... I better add some more.. :-)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The very first book that I ever got signed was a paperback copy of F451. I hadn't looked at it in decades until this week when I saw Paul's announcement. Bradbury dated it Dec. 15, 1984. So I know the exact date. He was at the California Science Center in LA. The next year he signed "Death is a Lonely Business" on Halloween. I don't remember very many people being there.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered two copies of the AE, one for each kid; the little shit's aren't going to get the chance to win an arguement again.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very excited I bought a numbered yesterday as part of the pre orders.

Paul made a comment about the way the next books will be announced, but just wondered, does this still give rights to the next announcement (non king) still?

Or will all be revealed next week?
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Ordered two copies of the AE, one for each kid; the little shit's aren't going to get the chance to win an arguement again.
    Hahahaha love it! Good plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Paul made a comment about the way the next books will be announced, but just wondered, does this still give rights to the next announcement (non king) still?

Yes, previous owners will still have an opportunity to match their number or letter.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Hahahaha love it! Good plan!
    Yes, brilliant.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mail call!

Gettin’ giclée wit it. (And a mug)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Mail call!

Gettin’ giclée wit it. (And a mug)

HBJ
    Congrats! I keep forgetting about the mug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I need a payment plan for the mug now.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I said this elsewhere and I’ll say it again here: Ray Bradbury is one of my life-long favorite authors. I read his books repeatedly when I was younger. So I would order these anyway, but my excitement went through the roof learning of the involvement of another of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, in the Numbered Edition and one of my favorite contemporary artists, Michael Whelan, in the AGE. I am beyond thrilled with this Suntup Editions production.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What mug?
    What did I miss out on now?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    This is the Children's book that I hold dear above all others. I used to get this from the Library at least once a month.

"I thought you were the Weather Man", said Milo, very confused. "Oh no!" said the Whether Man. "I'm the Whether Man, not the Weather Man, for after all it is more important to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be." And with that he let off a stream of gaily coloured balloons...
    Crazy that you posted this. I was reading something online a few days ago where some celebrity, I can't remember who now, said this is their favorite book. So I bought a copy to check it out and just received it a day or two ago. Seems like both the author and artist are still alive, in their 90s.
    Speaking of favorites, this is another book that I absolutely loved. So much in fact that in 8th grade, my drama class elected to perform this story. The problem was that, at the time, there was no script available. Three of us divided up the book and wrote a script, which the teacher then edited and that’s the full-length show we performed for a sold out public audience. In audition, I earned the lead role of Milo. It was the pinnacle of my acting career and I retired from theater shortly thereafter.

So yes, Paul, please produce a signed limited edition of this book, preferably incorporating the original artwork because it is iconic for those of us who grew up with it. Thank you for your consideration and much gratitude to Simon for raising the topic.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    What mug?
    What did I miss out on now?
    https://shop.suntup.press/products/s...ck-ceramic-mug

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Yes, previous owners will still have an opportunity to match their number or letter.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 🎆🎇✨

Country
    Country Flag

I might order a mug, thats the one purchase i can tell my partner about lol

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Congrats! I keep forgetting about the mug!
    Thanks! And me too - I somehow stumbled across the mug while ordering the print, and impulse-bought it.

I will say, though, the mug won’t stay on my shelf like my Suntup editions. It will be my daily coffee mug.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I have Red Dragon numbered pre-ordered but I'm skipping out on F451. Would I still get preorder opportunity for the next numbered book?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    I have Red Dragon numbered pre-ordered but I'm skipping out on F451. Would I still get preorder opportunity for the next numbered book?
    I believe the person who got the number you released gets the preorder option.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    When you skip a book, you are not guaranteed a matching number for the next one. Whoever is allocated the number that would have been your's for Fahrenheit 451 would then be guaranteed a match to the book announced after Fahrenheit 451.

This doesn't mean you can't purchase the next book, it just means you won't be able to match to Red Dragon.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, that's impressive that it sold out so fast. Congrats Paul.

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yea, that's impressive that it sold out so fast. Congrats Paul.
    Indeed. For a non-signed (meaning the author) LE in this price range to sell out so fast truly tells something. Paul is really in touch with his audience.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The numbered is sold out !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a publisher, therefore I am intrigued?
    When a publisher is signing on an artist. How does that work?
    You have done some research to know what the artist usually does. But do you get preliminary sketches first before agreeing? Do you ask a couple or half of the illustrations?
    Can you cancel the project (like subterranean press did with "the shining")?

I am guessing that it depends of the contract, but how does / may it work?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am not a publisher, therefore I am intrigued?
    When a publisher is signing on an artist. How does that work?
    You have done some research to know what the artist usually does. But do you get preliminary sketches first before agreeing? Do you ask a couple or half of the illustrations?
    Can you cancel the project (like subterranean press did with "the shining")?

I am guessing that it depends of the contract, but how does / may it work?
    We spend a lot of time researching artists for each edition. Several factors come into play when making the decision, but one of the most important is overall artistic style, and how it matches the mood or theme of the story. There are many artists out there who are so darn good and sometimes it's a very tough choice. We will narrow it down, and get a deal in place. Of course, you will have a situation where the artist is not available at the time or has too much work to make the deadline, so we keep looking. Regarding sketches, yes that takes place but after we have signed the artist. As for cancelling, sure if a contract has a cancellation clause then you are in your rights to cancel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 644 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast