Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 805 of 971 FirstFirst ... 305 705 755 795 803 804 805 806 807 815 855 905 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,125 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to say thank you to those who have asked about my welfare and the Australian fires.

My family and I are fine - I live in inner Melbourne in Victoria (the southern end of Australia) and I am at least 200 km from the next severe fires (although there was a worrying grass fire which hit about 10 kms away, but was quickly contained). The worst of it is further north, in New South Wales, and in the eastern part of Victoria - the bushland and farmland coasts. We are a hot country and are used to fires, but we've never seen the magnitude of this, and this early in our summer season. We haven't had our usual extended hot spell yet (usually hits February), so the fear is that that worst is yet to come. Everything's just been so dry, so early, due to higher than normal temperatures over the years.

At least 13 million acres have burned or remain on fire (just for reference, the wildfires in California in 2018 was around 2 million acres): 24 people dead, 4,000+ livestock dead, countless animals and habitats gone. I was planning to take the kids out today but the smoke that has drifted over Melbourne is almost at hazardous levels so we've camped inside. This photo is at 2pm today from my backyard - that sky is not cloudy, that's smoke, coming from hundreds / thousands kms aways. And, as always when natural disasters hit, we've seen humbling bravery and generosity by people.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, amazing, hang in there, and be careful on that trampoline!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude... I am so sorry this is going on in your country
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very sad to see those fires. Hang in there. Wishing you the best.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congratulations to the Tennessee Titans....... The end to Brady & Belichick?.....
    One can only hope. Go Saints!
    It was a fun game to watch, I was pulling for the Saints, sorry for your loss.......
    Thanks, fellow Brian! They honestly didn't play well and the play calling seemed kinda meh, like they really didn't want it very badly. There were some flashes of hope but the late interception by Brees killed that momentum. At least they were able to tie it up for OT but it shouldn't have gotten to that point. The missed FG came into play there. Still not sure about that no call on the TD that won the game. I'm pretty sure it would have been called back had it been a Saints score. We have a rough history with the officiating.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rarely, if ever, do I watch the news and I pretty much live within my little bubble. I did, however, catch a glimpse the other night about the fires down under and all our brethren down there came to mind.

Best of luck to you and yours, Peri and hopefully you remain well out of harms way. As do our other members who live there.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the Tennessee Titans....... The end to Brady & Belichick?.....
    Yes our long national nightmare will soon be over.

Shady half-limp balls Brady now has bye weeks till September to rest up.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I want to say thank you to those who have asked about my welfare and the Australian fires.

My family and I are fine - I live in inner Melbourne in Victoria (the southern end of Australia) and I am at least 200 km from the next severe fires (although there was a worrying grass fire which hit about 10 kms away, but was quickly contained). The worst of it is further north, in New South Wales, and in the eastern part of Victoria - the bushland and farmland coasts. We are a hot country and are used to fires, but we've never seen the magnitude of this, and this early in our summer season. We haven't had our usual extended hot spell yet (usually hits February), so the fear is that that worst is yet to come. Everything's just been so dry, so early, due to higher than normal temperatures over the years.

At least 13 million acres have burned or remain on fire (just for reference, the wildfires in California in 2018 was around 2 million acres): 24 people dead, 4,000+ livestock dead, countless animals and habitats gone. I was planning to take the kids out today but the smoke that has drifted over Melbourne is almost at hazardous levels so we've camped inside. This photo is at 2pm today from my backyard - that sky is not cloudy, that's smoke, coming from hundreds / thousands kms aways. And, as always when natural disasters hit, we've seen humbling bravery and generosity by people.
    Glad to see you are well. Melbourne seems to be in pretty good shape (so far) compared to Sydney or Canberra.

So do you shoot hoops from the trampoline?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A strange thing happened to me today. After seeing the latest Star Wars movie with my brother, I dropped him off at his house and stopped off at the drugstore on my way home, to find the adjacent parking lot full of cop cars, an ambulance and a cordoned off area. I went in, made my purchases, and found out from the cashier someone had been shot in the parking lot. On the way home, listening to the news on the radio, I heard the police of that township were asking people to avoid the area and the parking lot at that intersection, and the newscaster had no further information, meaning I knew (at that time) more than she did! You never know what'll happen next!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Heh, heh.......Loved the shot of Brady sitting on the bench with 2 mins to go wet and dejected......................................Bye, bye Brady!!!!!! Go kiss your kids for God's sake!!! lol

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys... and yes, that trampoline gets a little work out (the kids shoot hoops from the tramp - they shoot the neighbour's backyard more successfully). The trampoline is going away for a few months while we get a backyard makeover - if I can only work out how to dismantle the thing!

And yes, New South wales has copped the worst of things by far.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bought Rose an Oculus Quest for her birthday coming up. I've been setting it up and playing around with it a bit. Absolutely fantastic. Better than I could have even hoped for, and worth every penny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Just bought Rose an Oculus Quest for her birthday coming up. I've been setting it up and playing around with it a bit. Absolutely fantastic. Better than I could have even hoped for, and worth every penny.
    Cool gift, Dad!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I heard the police of that township were asking people to avoid the area and the parking lot at that intersection, and the newscaster had no further information, meaning I knew (at that time) more than she did! You never know what'll happen next!

You were in the know!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I heard the police of that township were asking people to avoid the area and the parking lot at that intersection, and the newscaster had no further information, meaning I knew (at that time) more than she did! You never know what'll happen next!

You were in the know!
    Turns out a couple of cousins had an argument and one pulled a gun and started shooting.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Glad to hear you're doing okay, Antoni. I hope you and yours remain safe.

My brother's also in inner-city Melbourne, my sister's in inner-city Sydney, and my folks are in the outskirts of Brisbane, so we've been lucky so far. But many, many other people haven't. Terrible thing happening down there.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

You were in the know!
    Turns out a couple of cousins had an argument and one pulled a gun and started shooting.
    It wouldn't be a Wednesday unless you started shooting at your cousin!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TV Crime Drama Quote of the Week:

"C'mon counselor even an overdose of Viagra couldn't get that to stand up in court"!!!

Spoiler:
    Bonus: A pair of "Cool Shades" and a set of handcuffs for anyone who can guess the show the quote came from.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The australian situation seems crazy. I hope that everyone here is safe
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(Current mood)

I am getting more and more bored at my current work.
    I've been working there for over 5 years now. I have (had?) quite a few liberties. Allowing me for instance to come on the message boards whenever I want.
    My position evolves. Giving me a bit more money, but also more responsabilities and therefore more issues.

On the other side, I still manage my Club Stephen King website and social network. I've done it on my own, since about 15 years.
    Last year I apparently worked on about 700 articles, 30 contests offering about 110 books and gifts away (with some publishers and some from me), published hundreds if not thousands of posts on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, videos on Youtube.
    Worked on book projects that wont happen.

If only there was a way for me to make a living out of it, and not bothering with my actual work that pays the bills...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so sick of the world. I wish we could all get along.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Stop the world, webstar1000 wants to get off!
    But first, read 'The Man Who Could Work Miracles' by H.G. Wells!

Be sure to vote for the candidate of your choice in the upcoming elections!
    Some guiding quotations for your consideration:

"Say, General, have you found those WMDs yet?"
    "You can keep your doctor."
    "Marilyn and I are just good friends."
    "The Mexicans will pay for it."
    "Nah, those are just mustard stains."
    "She's fine, she's just night swimming."
    "Read my lips, no new taxes."
    "That's not a bribe, it's an 'appeasement'."
    "Benwhozee?"
    "E-mails, what e-mails?"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Chin up, mate "The Outsider" premiere's this Sunday!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Heh, heh.......Loved the shot of Brady sitting on the bench with 2 mins to go wet and dejected......................................Bye, bye Brady!!!!!! Go kiss your kids for God's sake!!! lol
    Eli Manning should get into the HoF on the strength of going 2-0 against the Pats in the Super Bowl alone.

If the Seahawks knew how to hand off and the Falcons how to just stop and kick a field goal at the right time, shady-half-limp-balls-Brady would be sub-.500 in the big game.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Chin up, mate "The Outsider" premiere's this Sunday!!!!
    Thanks Bill! That did help!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 805 of 971 FirstFirst ... 305 705 755 795 803 804 805 806 807 815 855 905 ... LastLast